StealthNuck

Brendan Gaunce | #50 | C/LW

27 minutes ago, MayRayDown said:

When is Gaunce waiver eligible?

In a year - 2017/18. 

• Upvote 1

On 05/06/2016 at 10:59 AM, Alflives said:

Gaunce has plenty of skill.  He's just a sluggish skater, so he can't play the rush skill game.  Plus, define skill.  JV is one of the best body checkers, and fastest skaters in the league.  Are these not skill world class skills?  OV has world class skill for scoring goals.  Has he won a Cup?  What's Toews' world class skill?  

Gaunce has a really high hockey Q.  Is that not a skill?  

Sluggish skater? Did you not see him outrace Drouin in that highlight clip?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Qwags said:

Sluggish skater? Did you not see him outrace Drouin in that highlight clip?

He's not a quick footed skater.  His top end - straight line - speed, is fine.  He just take more time to get there than quick footed guys, like Drouin.

Gaunce is my dark horse Canuck prospect for next year.  I am hoping he has a good summer and can work on his first couple of steps to get up to speed.  He has a solid all around game. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

He's not a quick footed skater.  His top end - straight line - speed, is fine.  He just take more time to get there than quick footed guys, like Drouin.

That's why he and Drouin started about the same point and Gaunce beat him down the ice to score.

11 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

That's why he and Drouin started about the same point and Gaunce beat him down the ice to score.

Gaunce is faster at top speed, but .drouin is quicker getting to his top speed.  I agree.

Considering that the canucks lack big thick bodies up front.

Gaunce will be given every chance to be that player for the Canucks.

He had such a good camp last year, and hoping for another strong showing in September.  Its too hard to send him down again if he does.  He has done just about everything to earn a spot.

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised Gaunce has an entry on this page. i'd expect him to be included with the prospects.

1 hour ago, Salmonberries said:

I'm surprised Gaunce has an entry on this page. i'd expect him to be included with the prospects.

I expect JB to trade Gaunce.  I sure hope he doesn't, but I think he will.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I expect JB to trade Gaunce.  I sure hope he doesn't, but I think he will.  

if Gillis drafted him, then theres a good chance. allah shinkaruk

1 minute ago, bubbaCHUCK said:

Yup, sad but true.  

• Upvote 1

If benning does make a trade it'll be out of spite and to just clean out what he didnt draft. That would be unfortunate as Im a big Gaunce fan and see him as great for the bottom half. Loved him when we drafted him, and has been impressive but just seems to be a slow draw out transition.

Be a shame to lose him just as he makes his push 

2 minutes ago, kylecanuck said:

If benning does make a trade it'll be out of spite and to just clean out what he didnt draft. That would be unfortunate as Im a big Gaunce fan and see him as great for the bottom half. Loved him when we drafted him, and has been impressive but just seems to be a slow draw out transition.

Be a shame to lose him just as he makes his push 

JB preaches character as a key to players, and Gaunce has great character.  If there is a Kane trade, I see Gaunce as part of it.  

Just now, Alflives said:

JB preaches character as a key to players, and Gaunce has great character.  If there is a Kane trade, I see Gaunce as part of it.  

Mmmm kane.... So much mystery there, tempting yet terrifying, sweet but sour, tantalizing skill and character flaws galour... 

If we give up too much then I will be unpleased. Gaunce would be a good chip to throw into a deal, would suck to see him go though. 

1 minute ago, kylecanuck said:

Mmmm kane.... So much mystery there, tempting yet terrifying, sweet but sour, tantalizing skill and character flaws galour... 

If we give up too much then I will be unpleased. Gaunce would be a good chip to throw into a deal, would suck to see him go though. 

I wonder how Sabres fans feel about giving up Myers to get Kane?  Buffalo probably wants Tanev, but no way JB does that, right?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I wonder how Sabres fans feel about giving up Myers to get Kane?  Buffalo probably wants Tanev, but no way JB does that, right?

If tanev goes out it'll be for more then kane I'd think. It's so hard to not bring up the Hall trade as an example. Tanev is better then Larsson, kane isn't as good as hall in talent or character. 

If this is a blockbuster and there are more pieces then you never know, depends on how badly winnipeg wants kane gone if tanev is invovled. 

2 hours ago, bubbaCHUCK said:

Don't forget Horvat and Hutton as well!  

Oh wait........

I think Gaunce is going to have a breakout season this year.  Last year he was scoring at a similar rate to Shinks (who so many consider a sniper), yet he plays a solid 2-way game, has good size and great hockey sense.  Kid's going to be a fabulous 3rd line LW/C in a couple of years.

I really hope he is not traded, as I think he will end up being a better player than Etem or Granlund. 

• Upvote 1