The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

http://www.bellevillebulls.com/video/index/id/d12a947408ee0a1603ad2fcb729d9c45

Highlights video of Game 3 is now up. Doesn't include the incidents with either Cramarossa or Subban unfortunately, but it is a 'highlights' package so hardly surprising. Gaunce makes a couple of nice passes, takes a hit behind the net to set up the 4th goal.

Barrie's version is here: http://www.barriecolts.com/video/index/id/1366690308

It only includes the goals (and therefore shorter), but its in much better quality. Belleville's includes a few more big saves/close chances/etc.

Not related, but Malcolm Subban 10 goals allowed in the past 2 game??? Great goaliie but seems to be choking in important games. (World Juniors) It's pretty damn sad if you score 4 goals and still lose the game.

Marc Andre Fleury choked in the World Juniors and now he has a cup ring. The World Junior tournament is overrated because of TSN. Especially in the lockout years where they paint Team Canada up as the dream team.

Most players still have significant development to do when they are in the tournament.

As promised, I attended the game last night and wanted to give a review to Nucks fans that would not get the pleasure. The game had great pace to it, big hits, emotion and some slick plays. There were times that the game got sloppy, but contrary to the score, Subban actually kept them in the game. Gaunce had an ok game, played a lot of minutes on the PK and blocked 4-5 decent shots from the point. Played set up man on one goal, and had a few big hits. He has a mean side to him and was probably one of the strongest players on the ice, which was nice to see. He was playing on the wing on what seemed to be the shut down line with offence ability. Right from the start, I noticed he seemed to be hiding an injury, his foot speed was minimal and he did a lot of gliding with not a lot of sudden starts or stops. There were few times that he put forth a big effort and that was on potential grade A scoring chances, or when he needed to stop a scoring chance. I wish I could compare him to a current NHL player, unfortunately, I don't think I was seeing the true Gaunce. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

As promised, I attended the game last night and wanted to give a review to Nucks fans that would not get the pleasure. The game had great pace to it, big hits, emotion and some slick plays. There were times that the game got sloppy, but contrary to the score, Subban actually kept them in the game. Gaunce had an ok game, played a lot of minutes on the PK and blocked 4-5 decent shots from the point. Played set up man on one goal, and had a few big hits. He has a mean side to him and was probably one of the strongest players on the ice, which was nice to see. He was playing on the wing on what seemed to be the shut down line with offence ability. Right from the start, I noticed he seemed to be hiding an injury, his foot speed was minimal and he did a lot of gliding with not a lot of sudden starts or stops. There were few times that he put forth a big effort and that was on potential grade A scoring chances, or when he needed to stop a scoring chance. I wish I could compare him to a current NHL player, unfortunately, I don't think I was seeing the true Gaunce. Cheers.

Thanks for the insight. Interesting to learn he might have an injury, still playing very well considering. Looking forward to game 4 tomorrow!

Off the ice, Gaunce is proving to be a leader as well. Great to see efforts like this, and we all know this is part of being a Canuck when you make it to the big team.

Brendan Gaunce donates $1,500 to Quinte Children's Foundation

http://www.bellevill...en-s-foundation

Here are a couple excerpts, full story at link above:

Gaunce, who grew up playing hockey in Markham, says there was a time in his life when he was fortunate to have older siblings who played. “I actually used my sister’s gear when I first began playing,” he said with a chuckle. “Not every family has that type of dynamic or the money to always be buying new equipment, so I thought this would be a good way for me to give back to the community that has supported me so well.”

Connie Reid, Executive Director of the Quinte Children’s Foundation can’t say enough good things about Brendan. “This is a young man who is clearly an exceptional leader,” she said. “He’s setting a tremendous example for his peers and other young players in our community.”

GaunceQCFDonation3100.png

• Upvote 2

Ticking all the boxes. Physical, plus defense, offensive potential, underrated or has much improved skating ability, leadership, and character. Not sure about you guys but I'm gonna say we keep him.

Ticking all the boxes. Physical, plus defense, offensive potential, underrated or has much improved skating ability, leadership, and character. Not sure about you guys but I'm gonna say we keep him.

I remember Gaunce being compared to J. Staal on draft day. From what I've ready about his development this year it seems his upside is somewhere between J. Staal and Kesler. I'd love to see him make the team next year, but I think he needs a little bit more time.

And I dont care what the so called "experts" of this site say..... I want him here in October. Given the new salary cap.....this guy will fight right in somewhere instead of playing another year with the kids.

Unless he is so impressive at training camp that we have to keep him, I don't think he will have a full time spot on our roster next year. Look at our past rookies, besides Henrik and Daniel... none of our other our self-groomed players like Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Raymond, Schneider, Hansen, and the most recent Tanev played a full season with us during their rookie seasons. So chances are, our 3C spot will be Schroeder's to lose next season (unless we sign someone for it)... Gaunce might be able to get a few games with us, but chances are he's at least 2 years away from making our roster full time

Unless he is so impressive at training camp that we have to keep him, I don't think he will have a full time spot on our roster next year. Look at our past rookies, besides Henrik and Daniel... none of our other our self-groomed players like Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Raymond, Schneider, Hansen, and the most recent Tanev played a full season with us during their rookie seasons. So chances are, our 3C spot will be Schroeder's to lose next season (unless we sign someone for it)... Gaunce might be able to get a few games with us, but chances are he's at least 2 years away from making our roster full time

Agreed. Also we'll have a Canuck-owned farm team that will actually use and develop our talent. All of those guys you mentioned spent a good amount of time with the Moose and are the better for it. I have to say though, if a player earns a spot on the team he needs to be rewarded with it. I'm still angry with Crow for sending Luc Bourdon (RIP) back to juniors when he had clearly made the team.

Good to see that short article about Gaunce, really highlights his character. Also, the Bulls got lucky...

Phil Phillips@FilPhillips 1h

Joseph Cramarossa & Jordan Subban have avoided suspension & will play tonight. #Belleville #Bulls #ColtsvsBulls #OHLPlayoffs #Barrie #Colts

That's great news for them, if they lost two key players (even for just one game) it could easily put them in a big hole. Game 4 goes today at 4:30 PST.

Good to see that short article about Gaunce, really highlights his character. Also, the Bulls got lucky...

Phil Phillips ‏@FilPhillips 1h

Joseph Cramarossa & Jordan Subban have avoided suspension & will play tonight. #Belleville #Bulls #ColtsvsBulls #OHLPlayoffs #Barrie #Colts

That's great news for them, if they lost two key players (even for just one game) it could easily put them in a big hole. Game 4 goes today at 4:30 PST.

Wow, that's a huge break for the Bulls. Hopefully they can rally for a win tonight and go back home with the split. Wouldn't be surprised to see this series going to 7.

Puck drops in 30 minutes!