The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Guest Dasein

Back to back overtime losses. That's tough. Both games could have gone either way.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/a32a681226e96fa7c4bab566a1100095

Terrible 1st goal by Schiefele on Subban. Just terrible. This game should have been a W. Good shot by Gaunce on his goal. They're down 3-1, but they are still very much in it.

Going home after 2 OT losses. Win the game, win one on the road, then you have a winner-take-all home game. It's doable, but they need 100% from everyone, and Subban can't let in weak ones like that.

I think they'll call him up, if only for the experience. I mean beyond Ebbett and Schroeder, we don't really have depth centres. If it were the case that Lapierre were to go down, do you really want Ebbett or Schroeder playing those grinder minutes in the playoffs?

I think there's a good chance we seen our friend Gaunce called up.

I think they'll call him up, if only for the experience. I mean beyond Ebbett and Schroeder, we don't really have depth centres. If it were the case that Lapierre were to go down, do you really want Ebbett or Schroeder playing those grinder minutes in the playoffs?

he's shown that next level in the playoffs so far. i don't see why he wouldn't be called up either.

Schroeder can definitely play those grinder minutes if needed. He's shown that he's defensively reliable and he isn't afraid to go in the corners or to the front of the net.

Wondering if anybody more knowledgeable can compare Henrik Samuelsson to Brendan Gaunce. From stats Samuelsson looks very impressive... more so than even Gaunce. Just wondering looking back a year who would be a better pick.

From what I know the attributes that are comparable are Samuelsson's mean streak to Gaunce's leadership. Although Samuelsson is faster which could lend to a higher ceiling in the NHL.

Kind of a tough comparison. Gaunce has much better two way play and projects as a better option at center in the NHL level, where Samuelsson projects more as a offensive PF type winger when he makes the jump. I think Gaunce was still the better pick for us due to his leadership skills and what I mentioned above.

EDIT: almost forgot to mention, but the Friday Night Hockey on SportsnetOne for tonight originally showed Barrie and Belleville as the teams playing, but now it shows Plymouth and London. It doesn't look like we'll get the game on TV after all.

Edited by elvis15

End of the 2nd period, Bulls lead 2-1. Colts scored at the very end of the period, but time had just expired, so no goal. Shots are tied at 28 apiece, Gaunce has one assist (and apparently laid out Scheifele with a big hit):

Belleville Bulls@OHLBulls 5m

What a great second half of the period! Gaunce and Scheifele are at each other after Brendan caught him in the trolley tracks!

I wonder if the Canucks would consider calling him up if the Bulls are eliminated tonight. Surely he can do as much as Hodgson did on the fourth line two years ago.

And you gotta think he brings more than Ebbett. He's a hard worker and brings some physical play. Plus he's defensively responsible.