The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Guest Dasein

Question now becomes, do we call up Brendan Gaunce? I wonder if he can play... I doubt it, but he does have the size.

Damn. Well the good news is, the Bulls will have another chance to win it next season since the majority of their players should still be in junior.

I think there's a good chance we call up Gaunce. If only just to practice with the black aces.

I know it's really tough to debut a rookie in the playoffs, but I think there's a chance he slots in for Ebbett. Bring him to Vancouver, and let him show what he can do. He could be a very good checker, defensive minded 4th line player for us in the run. He has better size than Ebbett at 19, and has had a very good year in Belleville, specially in the playoffs.

With his size and skill and versatility to play center and pinch in on lw, it would be a crime to send him back to play against boys next year. Sending him to Sweden a la Jensen would prove useless. Bring him up, start him in bottom 6 capacity and learn the defensive side like AV does with every young player.

Exactly, he would learn so much more playing in our bottom six than staying in Junior.

Great season from one of our top prospects. This is a kid who separated his shoulder and was out for over 3 weeks during the season, and still went on to improve his goal total from 28 to 33, and lead his team to 1st place in the East, and to the East finals. Had an even better playoffs. I think you let him rest until next year and don't rush him into a playoff spot. If anything, Ebbett should be coming out of the lineup for Pinizzotto on the wing.

• Upvote 1

Wow, some people here are delusional! I like the Gaunce as much as the next guy, i think he can be a solid, Jordan Staal type of player, BUT to say he is better than Ebbett just shows how uneducated some people are.

OHL is about 100000000x crappier than the NHL. ..Trust me i dont think much of Andrew Ebbett, i think he is 4th line plug, but if he played in the OHL right now he would have 45 pts in 18 games.

Yes Gaunce did very well in the OHL but there is no way on earth is he ready for the NHL.. He is probably at best 2-3 years away at best. Do not rush him, let him get stronger and let his skating get better.

The NHL is another animal, why else do you think a lot of 1st rounders who dominate the CHL cant even crack an NHL lineup after 4 years....

NHL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CHL