The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Theres no such thing as an OHL defensive player of the the year. Look it up. I'm sure at least half those guys didnt even make it to the show.

Actually there is an award given to the best defensive forward in each conference every season.

• Upvote 1

Could guance start the year in the ohl and parlay to the ahl after he turns 20?

Even if its a half season in the ahl it would help adjust to the pro level and having green for a bit could also help.

If jensen remains in the ahl then possible to have guance play with him see if they have chemistry

Even if its a half season in the ahl it would help adjust to the pro level and having green for a bit could also help.

If jensen remains in the ahl then possible to have guance play with him see if they have chemistry

Well if you can call them up from junior to NHL, you should be able to do it to the AHL.

iirc if he is sent back to belleville he wouldnt be eligible for the AHL until belleville is eliminated from the playoffs.

Are you people serious???

How can nobody understand. Gaunce will not become as great as you think! People expect him to fill the third line center role this year? Wow. I don't even know what to say. All you guys have in response are just rambles about how stupid I am. Where is your evidence? Because he was defensive OHL player of the year? Ok. Junior is a far different game then the NHL. Get Real.

Also, i'm not here to ruffle any feathers. I am just extremely cautious when it comes to Gaunce. I think Horvat will eventually push Gaunce out of the organization. Respect the opinions of those around you.

Dangler these Canucks "fans" overrate the Canucks prospects so much. Gaunce will not become anything on this team for a long time and these people think he can start at 3rd line centre. You're right. Lots of losers on this forum.

Both Trolls. Lots of losers on this forum? Seriously? How are u not banned yet.

iirc if he is sent back to belleville he wouldnt be eligible for the AHL until belleville is eliminated from the playoffs.

don't know the exact wording on it but yeah, after the ohl playoffs he can go to utica from there. i believe he could even go up to the canucks at that point if they wanted him as well.

don't know the exact wording on it but yeah, after the ohl playoffs he can go to utica from there. i believe he could even go up to the canucks at that point if they wanted him as well.

That's right the Canucks can call him up to sit on the bench for the playoffs because his team will be done for the year by then.

It is the same for Shinkaruk and Horvat who will have to operate under the same rules next year as well if they do not make the Canucks where as Gaunce can play in the AHL the year after this.

That's right the Canucks can call him up to sit on the bench for the playoffs because his team will be done for the year by then.

It is the same for Shinkaruk and Horvat who will have to operate under the same rules next year as well if they do not make the Canucks where as Gaunce can play in the AHL the year after this.

Actually, this is Shinkaruk's last season of junior eligibility (4 years in junior or if you turn 20 before December of that season), so after this season if he's not in the NHL then he'll be playing in the AHL.

Actually, this is Shinkaruk's last season of junior eligibility (4 years in junior or if you turn 20 before December of that season), so after this season if he's not in the NHL then he'll be playing in the AHL.

Cool, I do think they will all make the Canuck's the year after this anyway but if not at least one of Gaunce or Shinkaruk could be called up in 2014 from the AHL.

Actually there is an award given to the best defensive forward in each conference every season.

Really? Because when I google about it I find no links that say anything about it. Also, Wikipedia has a list of OHL awards and this one is not included. I'll need to see evidence to believe it.

Guest Dasein

Most have Scott Laughton pegged to be a near-lock for PHI but Brendan Gaunce who beat him in the OHL defensive forward voting isn't ready for a role on the Canucks bottom 6?

I see him making this team as the 3rd line center, and Jordan playing on Kesler's wing. Jensen will spend the year down in the minors OR if Booth isn't ready, spend a few games up with the big boys.

Best Defensive Forward

1. Brendan Gaunce, Belleville Bulls (23)

2. Scott Laughton, Oshawa Generals (20)

3. Barclay Goodrow, Brampton Battalion tied Michael Kantor, Sudbury Wolves (12)

http://www.ontarioho...ce-coaches-poll

troll elsewhere.

Ok.Thank you. Well a conference is only half of the league. Those saying he was OHL player of the year are a little inaccurate.

Ok.Thank you. Well a conference is only half of the league. Those saying he was OHL player of the year are a little inaccurate.

yup, i guess they were wrong although if you look at the west voting i would hazard a guess that Gaunce might win if they did a league wide vote.

Best Defensive Forward(West)

1. Rickard Rakell, Plymouth Whalers (23) – finished first in voting in 2011-12
  2. Brady Vail, Windsor Spitfires (16)
  3. Jason Dickinson, Guelph Storm tied Charles Sarault, Sarnia Sting (11)

yup, i guess they were wrong although if you look at the west voting i would hazard a guess that Gaunce might win if they did a league wide vote.

Best Defensive Forward(West)

1. Rickard Rakell, Plymouth Whalers (23) – finished first in voting in 2011-12
  2. Brady Vail, Windsor Spitfires (16)
  3. Jason Dickinson, Guelph Storm tied Charles Sarault, Sarnia Sting (11)

He might, but him and Rakell have the same amount of first place votes. so its a real toss up.

Best Defensive Forward

1. Brendan Gaunce, Belleville Bulls (23)

2. Scott Laughton, Oshawa Generals (20)

3. Barclay Goodrow, Brampton Battalion tied Michael Kantor, Sudbury Wolves (12)

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/ohl-eastern-conference-coaches-poll

troll elsewhere.

That's just a coaches poll , not actually an award...

That's just a coaches poll , not actually an award...

Award, honor. Doesn't really matter.

They're like the Canucks awards at the end of the season. They don't actually get the trophies, it's just an honorary thing.

Edited by DeNiro