The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Good to see Gaunce being given a bigger leadership role. Hope he takes it and runs with it and that his team has success with him at the helm.

If they can shore their defence up and manage to put the puck in the net, I think they'll be a competitive team this season.

I'm really starting to think Gaunce was the steal of the draft.

I hate to sound like a n00b, but I was playing be a GM mode in NHL 13 and Gaunce was drafted 2nd overall right behind Yakupov. I believe he had a 4 star potential as well, which is very good.

The only reason I know this is I wanted to draft him for my team. Columbus took him and I had to trade for him after.

I'm not gonna lie, it took Raymond, Joslin and 1st rounder to get Gaunce, hahaha.

Gaunce was dominant tonight, 2 assists and a couple of goal posts... He also locked down Alex Galchenyuk. Big win for the Bulls against an over-rated Sarnia Stings.

did you watch the game or is that an assumption derived from the final stats? It might be the case that Bellville has a heck of a goaltender in Subban, but I am sure Gaunce did his part in limiting Galchenyuk as well.

Galchenyuk is regarded as a gym rat and physically mature - possibly for the NHL. Good to see Gaunce handle himself well against a potentially NHL-ready prospect - could also mean that Gaunce is close to being ready.

The powerplay went 2 for 4 on the night while everyone pitched in throughout the game as both the third and fourth lines saw a great deal of icetime. Brendan Gaunce's presence on the point during the powerplay seems to be a real difference maker through one game in the 2012-13 campaign.

link

Didn't mention anything about the defensive side in the recap, just that the 3rd and 4th line saw more icetime as the Bulls shutdown the game, but Gaunce playing point on the PP in this game and was an impact player for them tonight.

Edited by elvis15

Guest Gumballthechewy

That's pretty much how it was last year too. Gaunce could really use some good wingers to help him out.

If he's good now just imagine if he had some decent wingers. Oh my goodness!

With the amount of talent available due to the lockout, it's going to be very hard for Gaunce to make Team Canada with showings like that. I hope he and his teammates can pull together. Subban is key for them - he's pretty much gotta steal games.

/\/\ Nearly impossible, I'd say, if Nuge and co. are available.

Our boy sure has been getting killed on the score sheet lately. I guess there goes that 3rd line checking gig we figured he'd get as early as next year. :rolleyes:

BTW, is it just me or has overall scoring in the OHL gone down the last few seasons? Copying the (lack of) entertainment quotient of the NHL, I see.