StealthNuck

Markus Granlund | #60 | C/W

On 7/25/2016 at 5:49 PM, King Heffy said:

Sedin-Sedin-Erikson

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Burrows-Sutter-Hansen

Etem-Gaunce-Dorsett

Grenier

Second line is pretty weak but is offensively minded.  Great checking 3rd liner and grinding 4th line that can provided a bit of offense.

Everyone keeps putting bo and bear together when wd has stated that they will not play together. And Sutter will be the 2nd line centre  from what JB has said. I also think Jake will be on over grenier. the guy is not good enough to push jake down. And I would switch Etem with burr, and see how the rest plays out.

Edited by bp79

On 7/25/2016 at 5:49 PM, King Heffy said:

Sedin-Sedin-Erikson

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Burrows-Sutter-Hansen

Etem-Gaunce-Dorsett

Grenier

Second line is pretty weak but is offensively minded.  Great checking 3rd liner and grinding 4th line that can provided a bit of offense.

you also forgot about granny. If rodin and jake stick. I think Dorsett or hanson get's moved. There could be a trade for a top 6 winger as well. JB has already made it clear he wants a young proven top 6. So if we got that player then Hanson and dorsett would have to be gone. neither of those guys would fetch a proven young top 6 winger imho Maybe hanson could be part of some kind of deal, but dorsett wouldn't get us much. Either way should be fun to watch play out.

On 8/30/2016 at 1:51 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Baer & Gran, vs a 2nd & Shink.

We need to win this handily.

I think we already did. bear is legit. Granny is a good player and only 23, and Shink would have kept Gaunce down. imo Gaunce is beeter then shink. they put up similar numbers, and Gaunce can play anywhere, and can actually play defense. Plus where would shink play on the flames? my god if he somehow ends up on a line with jonny pee wee hockey. they would get creamed by guddy tree Edler etc. And the only time there in there back end is when they are either flying across the ice literally flying cuz they ran in into the concrete wall aka our D or when they are apologizing to elliot for allowing the 7th goal of the night, because they forgot that they are allowed to backcheck and won't trip over the blueline.. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2016 at 1:51 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Baer & Gran, vs a 2nd & Shink.

We need to win this handily.

Why not a fair hockey trade where both teams get players that suit their needs?

We'll never know what Vancouver would have chosen for the 2nd (Andersson looks like he'll be a good dman for Cal), but at the moment, the Canucks need the young, offensive minded W (Baer).  They picked up their pmd dman in Juolevi.

Shink and Grans look like a wash, but Vancouver gets the more versatile and NHL ready player.  Still don't know if Shinks can make the jump.  The Flames don't need him on their top 6 for the foreseeable future, so they may showcase him on their top line and then trade him.

A fairly even trade for both teams, which is the usual in the NHL these days.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I was confused about the Granlund trade in the first place and still am.  I feel he has a rather mediocre skillset (even though for some reason he is touted as being a supreme playmaker across the internet), and although many have thrown out the idea of the 4-line team, I just don't see him being physically built enough for a bottom role, nor skilled enough for a top role.

I can reluctantly appreciate if Benning felt Shinkaruk wasn't going to be a role player, but to me, Granlund doesn't seem to bring much to the table.  If we were going to trade Shinkaruk for a 4th line player, we might as well have gotten a big guy who could at least punish to opposing team.

We can only hope Benning saw upside potential in this guy and he'll have a breakout season.  Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, bp79 said:

Plus where would shink play on the flames? my god if he somehow ends up on a line with jonny pee wee hockey. they would get creamed by guddy tree Edler etc. 

His name isn't Tree... It's Groot.

Edited by Where'd Luongo?
  • Upvote 3

wood that(see what i did there? lol) make them Frodo and Bilbo Baggins lol 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bp79 said:

you also forgot about granny. 

Didn't forget about him, just don't want him anywhere near the lineup.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Didn't forget about him, just don't want him anywhere near the lineup.

any reason why? He really should get a chance b4 you judge him. he may have a breakout year , or he could crash and burn, Regardless if you make up a mock lineup tthat you think they are going to roll with, You cant just delete them or your not creating a plausible lineup. that would be like inserting your fav player pld lol

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

Honestly, I was confused about the Granlund trade in the first place and still am.  I feel he has a rather mediocre skillset  and although many have thrown out the idea of the 4-line team, I just don't see him being physically built enough for a bottom role, nor skilled enough for a top role.

I can reluctantly appreciate if Benning felt Shinkaruk wasn't going to be a role player, but to me, Granlund doesn't seem to bring much to the table.  If we were going to trade Shinkaruk for a 4th line player, we might as well have gotten a big guy who could at least punish to opposing team.

This is what I was thinking. Granny was on pace for '10' goals each of his last two seasons.I think we should cut our losses here if he still sucks by halloween and send him down, maybe Green can help him. 

Y'all some haters. I feel like Granny is becoming my Bo-Sang, and that I've got to champion his cause on CDC. 

He's young and had had flashes of wise playmaking ability. He's due for a breakout year; I hope he's still with us when it happens. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, bp79 said:

any reason why? He really should get a chance b4 you judge him. he may have a breakout year , or he could crash and burn, Regardless if you make up a mock lineup tthat you think they are going to roll with, You cant just delete them or your not creating a plausible lineup. that would be like inserting your fav player pld lol

He's not good enough at any one thing to justify a lineup spot.  Not good enough at faceoffs to play center.  Doesn't want to play wing.  Too soft for bottom six and not enough skill for top six.  Basically he's the next Ebbett and I don't think anyone wants a repeat of that fiasco.

Benning absolutely needs to get rid of him.  Waivers should be an option if he can't be traded.  It's on Benning for not bringing in an NHLer if this plug makes the team.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 2

He's real good in NHL16 Be a GM though right guys?

Honestly though, if you go back and watch his games, he is like any young player in the NHL good skill, a little undersized, good speed, and inconsistent. He's a faster and a little stronger version of Linden vey for me. Harder Shot too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

He's real good in NHL16 Be a GM though right guys?

Honestly though, if you go back and watch his games, he is like any young player in the NHL good skill, a little undersized, good speed, and inconsistent. He's a faster and a little stronger version of Linden vey for me. Harder Shot too. 

I've seen him play.  He bears no resemblance to an NHLer.

• Upvote 2

On 9/7/2016 at 7:34 AM, bp79 said:

I think we already did. bear is legit. Granny is a good player and only 23, and Shink would have kept Gaunce down. imo Gaunce is beeter then shink. they put up similar numbers, and Gaunce can play anywhere, and can actually play defense. Plus where would shink play on the flames? my god if he somehow ends up on a line with jonny pee wee hockey. they would get creamed by guddy tree Edler etc. And the only time there in there back end is when they are either flying across the ice literally flying cuz they ran in into the concrete wall aka our D or when they are apologizing to elliot for allowing the 7th goal of the night, because they forgot that they are allowed to backcheck and won't trip over the blueline.. 

so.....it's a good  thing we got rid of a good player so a player who isn't as good gets more opportunity?

If only we got rid of Bure..........he was really cutting into Sandlak's ice time

• Upvote 1

On 2016-09-07 at 1:05 PM, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Y'all some haters. I feel like Granny is becoming my Bo-Sang, and that I've got to champion his cause on CDC

He's young and had had flashes of wise playmaking ability. He's due for a breakout year; I hope he's still with us when it happens. 

Sanguinetti spent one season in the Canucks' system and played zero NHL games while CDC at the time often questioned why he wasn't getting a chance in the NHL.

Granlund has so far spent less than half a season in the Canucks' system, all in the NHL.

Could you explain the comparison between Bo-Sang and Granlund?  Thanks.