The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen | #36 | RW

-SN-

14 hours ago, Green Building said:

This guy is worth more to Vancouver than the 2nd round pick he would likely yield in a trade. He can do it all reasonably well, and he has a sweet cap hit. I hope he stays on the team, and off the trading block, unless we get an offer way too good to be true.

It absolutely drives me nuts to hear people's lame trade proposals for one of the most model Canucks of this era. We drafted him, he clawed his way through the depth chart all the way to the top line. How on earth do you trade this player for a draft pick. He is a the living, walking talking dream of every NHL player. 

Hansen is worth more to the Canucks than any pick we would get in return.  If a playoff team at the TDL wants to grossly overpay?  Yes, listen, but Hansen has intangibles that are not quantifiable.  He can play literally anywhere on this roster.  He also fits the Benning style of player, so thankfully,  I really don't see him being traded at all.

Hansen is a leader on this team, has a sweet contract, and is still young enough to be considered a transitional player. You need to keep a few of these guys around to help transition the youth into core players.

Moving him for table scraps would be idiotic.

This past season he exploded with the Sedins. Everyone is asking for a trade for a winger for the twins why not leave it alone as I do not believe this was a one of. Keep him until he proves otherwise. He's at least earned that.

On 5/29/2016 at 11:10 PM, Green Building said:

This guy is worth more to Vancouver than the 2nd round pick he would likely yield in a trade. He can do it all reasonably well, and he has a sweet cap hit. I hope he stays on the team, and off the trading block, unless we get an offer way too good to be true.

This.

Imagine if Virtanen, with his skill set, follows the same progression? 

8 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

This.

Imagine if Virtanen, with his skill set, follows the same progression? 

I'm glad to read that there are more than a few who agree with his value. Seriously, the guy is one good year (or break) away from being another Burrows type.

If we hold on to Virtanen long enough to develop into a Hansen++ player I'd be absolutely thrilled.

The Canucks biggest need since acquiring Gudbranson is for legitimate top 6, scoring wingers or powe play defensemen. 

Absolutely zero other teams are trading one of their top goal scorers for a utility guy like Hansen. That doesn't even make sense. 

Keep the guy who cracked 20 goals without powerplay time and snag a goal scorer out of free agency.

Just can't see where Hansen's value is higher than what he provides. What's the best case scenario in trading Hansen? Maybe a late 1st round pick? 

That's going to help the Canucks in 3-5 years. Doesn't help the Canucks be competitive now. Which is repeatedly what's said is the goal. 

He's not going anywhere until he's a roster spot that's been taken by someone better.

On 5/30/2016 at 0:45 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Hansen is a leader on this team, has a sweet contract, and is still young enough to be considered a transitional player. You need to keep a few of these guys around to help transition the youth into core players.

I think his voice even dropped a half-tone last season.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be surprised as hansen is in his prime , has speed,hits , scores and can play on any line.these type of players and rare so 19th pick a top 20 would be great,but loosing Hansen will take us a step back on forwards.if we can package Burrows,vey or Sbisa and get another player either on the club or one of there top prospects i would jump at that then.

• 1 month later...
On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Green Building said:

Hansen would get a first at the deadline mark my words. 

And I still wouldn't trade him.

• 1 month later...

Archived