The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen | #36 | RW

-SN-

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I was all in for trading Hansen, but that's all past tense.  Like you say, Hansen is too valuable as a role model, and leader, to trade.  Plus, he's a really effective player.  I would love to see JV live, eat, and train with Hansen.  

I believe I had some rather heated discussions with you about just that ;)

9 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

You can't keep both Hansen and Granlund. You can only protect 7 forwards and 6 of them will be Henrik, Danny, Eriksson, Sutter, Baertschi,  and Bo. That means we can only protect 1 of Hansen, Granlund, Gaunce and Rodin. The remaining 3 will be exposed and Vegas will either select 1 of them or a defenceman that is available.

oh. that sucks.

so out of that group, who do you protect? For me, it would be between Granlund and Gaunce. 

expose Rodin and Hansen, as much as I'd hate to lose him. 

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

oh. that sucks.

so out of that group, who do you protect? For me, it would be between Granlund and Gaunce. 

I think we need to see how the season plays out and see if there is player movement. However, as it stands today, I agree with you that it is probably between Granlund and Gaunce. I like Sbisa but I am thinking I would prefer that Vegas selects him.

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

oh. that sucks.

I think it's way to early to be assessing this situation, as Gaunce and especially Rodin, have hardly had a chance to show what they have.

I can't see the Canucks giving up Hansen for nothing, so (if Granny is still looking incredible) they might trade him at the deadline.  Honey Badger would be in great demand by any team that is contending for the SC.  It would be a huge blow to our team, as Hansen is a special player and very popular with his teammates/ fans.  Personally, I hate to think of the Canucks with HB not on the wing.

In any case, the Canucks are looking to lose an NHL ready player at the expansion draft, which really sucks.  One of Sbisa, Rodin, Gaunce and possibly Granlund If they decide to keep Hansen) will be gone.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I think it's way to early to be assessing this situation, as Gaunce and especially Rodin, have hardly had a chance to show what they have.

I can't see the Canucks giving up Hansen for nothing, so (if Granny is still looking incredible) they might trade him at the deadline.  Honey Badger would be in great demand by any team that is contending for the SC.  It would be a huge blow to our team, as Hansen is a special player and very popular with his teammates/ fans.  Personally, I hate to think of the Canucks with HB not on the wing.

In any case, the Canucks are looking to lose an NHL ready player at the expansion draft, which really sucks.  One of Sbisa, Rodin, Gaunce and possibly Granlund If they decide to keep Hansen) will be gone.

Totally agree there is no way Hanson is leaving unless by trade. There are lots of options and time before Vegas gets a shot.

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah. Sucks, but Vegas can only pick one of Sbisa, Rodin, Gaunce, and possibly Granlund, correct? 

20 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

You can't keep both Hansen and Granlund. You can only protect 7 forwards and 6 of them will be Henrik, Danny, Eriksson, Sutter, Baertschi,  and Bo. That means we can only protect 1 of Hansen, Granlund, Gaunce and Rodin. The remaining 3 will be exposed and Vegas will either select 1 of them or a defenceman that is available.

I honestly hope they choose Sbisa, even though he's been good for us so far this year. 

But if Granlund has a good year, then I can see Vegas selecting him. He's young enough still to have some upside. 

Hansen will be traded this year at the TDL.

Good player. Good contract. Good value.

Just not the age group / cohort that our club needs moving forward.

Will be a solid pickup for a team looking to go for a run in this years playoffs.   

Hansen is a classy consistent pro.   Canucks will miss him but he should fetch us a younger prospect and a pick. 

27 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hansen will be traded this year at the TDL.

Good player. Good contract. Good value.

Just not the age group / cohort that our club needs moving forward.

Will be a solid pickup for a team looking to go for a run in this years playoffs.   

Hansen is a classy consistent pro.   Canucks will miss him but he should fetch us a younger prospect and a pick. 

I think he is here to stay.

Only way I see him traded is if we are completely tearing down and I don't see this organization doing that or if Hansen, himself, wants to be traded.

I think management wants him to stay. He is a versatile player that like you said is classy and consistent. I believe that they see that the pros of keeping him for our young guys outweigh the pros of trading him for young assets.

16 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think he is here to stay.

Only way I see him traded is if we are completely tearing down and I don't see this organization doing that or if Hansen, himself, wants to be traded.

I think management wants him to stay. He is a versatile player that like you said is classy and consistent. I believe that they see that the pros of keeping him for our young guys outweigh the pros of trading him for young assets.

Hanson is the ideal transition player player. If the Canucks are not in tear down mode where are they? Twins gone in 2 years is my prediction unless they op for a trade to a CUP contender earlier. At some point the management will realize that their foot dragging has put the org years back from a development time line that would have produced a CUP competitive team. Hansen and Sutter are the key forwards in the transition. Horvat is the only solid younger option with a few hopefulls now playing.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

Didn't see it closely, but I was told there was a knee-on-knee and he's getting an MRI tomorrow.

Yeah, Hank and Burr both said it was knee-on-knee.

Hansen said it hurt when he got back to the bench, but wanted to try another shift. It buckled on him and he had to leave after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived