The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen | #36 | RW

-SN-

1 hour ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Personally I'd rather keep Hansen.  He is signed for one more season at a cap friendly hit and he is playing better then I can ever remember.  I just don't think another team will offer us equal value.  He is an important player for us now and going forward.  If we get a late 1st rounder then OK, but a late 2nd or 3rd is not going to get it done.

It's tricky though, because if we don't trade him now, we could lose him for nothing in the expansion draft. He's playing great, and yes his cap-hit is friendly, but I'd rather get something than nothing for him.

BTW he submitted his 8-team list. 

7 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I love the way Hansen plays and Id love for the team to keep him...BUT.... he is getting older and with the expansion we need to move him to protect younger assets as well as get younger assets. Hopefully Hansen didn't screw over the Canucks by giving them the eight worst teams.

Being asked for his list is kind of an indication that he's maybe not in the team's future plans and is at risk of being exposed to Vegas.  It's sounder for him to list 8 teams he is willing to play for rather than try and prevent a trade.

4 hours ago, mll said:

Being asked for his list is kind of an indication that he's maybe not in the team's future plans and is at risk of being exposed to Vegas.  It's sounder for him to list 8 teams he is willing to play for rather than try and prevent a trade.

So explain what Vrbata did last year? Vrbata gave a list of $&!# teams and still ended up leaving and hurting potentially his value in staying. Players don't always do the logical hockey thing

18 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

So explain what Vrbata did last year? Vrbata gave a list of $&!# teams and still ended up leaving and hurting potentially his value in staying. Players don't always do the logical hockey thing

There wasn't the risk of expansion for Vrbata - he was free after the season.  For Hansen it's different as he's still under contract and can be exposed.  Maybe that's also his reasoning - why move to another team now and still risk being exposed to Vegas by his new team.   

Any other year, and Hansen wouldn't be even approached about a trade, much less there appear to be serious talks on the horizon. With what all he can do, a fair return would have to be a 1st +, likely a mid-range prospect. Don't think we will get that much, unless a bidding war erupts between, say...Pitt, Wash and NYR.

If he does go, well...we will miss you here. You've been everything a non-star player can possibly be, to the point that you're a local hero.

A few all-time stats for Hansen:

31st in all-time points

26.  Chris Oddleifson C 469 85 180 265
27.  Geoff Courtnall LW 292 102 144 246
28.  Kevin Bieksa D 597 56 185 241
29.  Darcy Rota LW 289 120 116 236
30.  Sami Salo D 566 74 162 236
31.  Jannik Hansen RW 564 105 130 235

20th in games

16.  Don Lever 593
17.  Jyrki Lumme 579
18.  Matt Cooke 566
19.  Sami Salo 566
20.  Jannik Hansen 564

24th in goals

20.  Darcy Rota 120
21.  Cliff Ronning 112
22.  Bobby Schmautz 108
23.  Ron Sedlbauer 108
24.  Jannik Hansen 105

11th in +/-

7.  Marek Malik 58
8.  Christian Ehrhoff 55
9.  Cliff Ronning 54
10.  Willie Mitchell 49
11.  Jannik Hansen 47

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Hansen is on the 1st line with Thornton and Pavelski!

He worked with the twins, so why not? :P 

I also hear that the Sharks were looking for a third member to their first line, so it makes sense to try Hansen.

51 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Hansen is on the 1st line with Thornton and Pavelski!

Interestingly:

According [Sharks head coach] Pete DeBoer, assistant Johan Hedberg “got a note from one of the Sedins” that Hansen “would be a real good fit with those two guys. That just reinforced it,” said the coach.

Archived