The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

@markhmasters

Horvat takes a penalty setting up another 5-on-3 & shortly thereafter the Americans strike again ... McCoshen with 13 secs left in 1st

puck over glass! hey ref kiss my a$$?

19:17 CAN Delay of Game/Retarder le match

not a good start for team canada.

edit: guess not covered puck with his hand.

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato 7m

Closing his hand on the puck on the PK RT @TucoSalamanka: @TysonGiuriato what was the horvat penalty for?

Edited by stexx

Those 16 goals in 21 games during the playoffs make you wonder if a light bulb went off with him, not that he was bad during the regular season.

Total of 49 goals in 90 games.

Shinkaruk got 52 goals in 72 games all told.

Come on boys put on a show at the Young Stars tourney and keep things going!

most people seem to think that was the case late in the year and especially in the playoffs. Most seem to think that the increased role and icetime that resulted from the hard matchup game that hunter employed in the playoffs allowed horvat to take his game to the next level.

horvat in his last 60 games reg season + playoffs had 39goals that is pretty darn good.

most people seem to think that was the case late in the year and especially in the playoffs. Most seem to think that the increased role and icetime that resulted from the hard matchup game that hunter employed in the playoffs allowed horvat to take his game to the next level.

horvat in his last 60 games reg season + playoffs had 39goals that is pretty darn good.

:towel::frantic::towel:

Plus Nichushkin has one power move that only works on big ice. Horvat can force a turnover, turn on the jets and go. He gets such quality breakaways because no one can interfere with him most of the time.

Seriously? Why don't you at wait and see how he does on the smaller surface before making such a post. Somehow I doubt you have seen much of him either. Maybe next time you should watch him play before deciding he sucks just because the Canucks passed on him.

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 1

Seriously? Why don't you at wait and see how he does on the smaller surface before making such a post. Somehow I doubt you have seen much of him either. Maybe next time you should watch him play before deciding he sucks just because the Canucks passed on him.

Well the problem is almost everyone who supports nichushkin also dogs on horvat in the same breathe. makes it difficult to want to reply differently to those people. he will be a hell of a player sure, but dallas didn't have to trade to get the pick to put them in a place to draft him. too much risk for Van to choose him. horvat will be a homerun in a different way, with little to no risk looming in the future.

He plays on the perimeter and regularly fails to get by defenders even with the massive ice. I've watched him have this problem for a while. I'm not saying he can't adapt but when it comes to scoring goals, he does it by going around people not through them. He is remarkably weak on his stick meaning he can't pull off power moves. Quite small defenders who play the body on him might not knock him off his feet but he is almost guaranteed to lose possession when facing a physical opponent. In the AHL he is going to be in for quite a surprise. If he adapts, he's got speed, size and a shot. If not, he's not going to get far.

My reaction thinking we were gonna draft Nichushkin - Not Drafting Nichuskin - Then realizing Horvat's actually a really solid pick:

iXf1i.gif

As do a majority of people I wish we could've gotten a little more for Schneider.. but this is still a great pick!

I see there being little to no risk.

That being said I don't think Bo will be our 1st line centre. If we can draft a projected 1st line centre anywhere in the top 5 in the next 2-3 years, having Horvat and Gaunce as our 2nd and 3rd line centres down the road would be huge and we'd have some amazing depth down the middle!

I had the chance to talk to Bo yesterday (had him sign my draft hat). He says he's put on muscle over the summer so far. Hasn't had the chance to meet any of the players, but he said he's pretty excited to meet Lu and Kesler, as well as watching the Sedins and learn from them. He made a point of saying that him and Brendon are both fighting to get the same spot on the team, and they'll have every opportunity to try. He also said he enjoyed playing with Hunter quite a bit.

he said he doesn't know who strombone1 is, so i had him look him up lol

Edited by Legend Killer

I had the chance to talk to Bo yesterday (had him sign my draft hat). He says he's put on muscle over the summer so far. Hasn't had the chance to meet any of the players, but he said he's pretty excited to meet Lu and Kesler, as well as watching the Sedins and learn from them. He made a point of saying that him and Brendon are both fighting to get the same spot on the team, and they'll have every opportunity to try. He also said he enjoyed playing with Hunter quite a bit.

is he really shy and quiet like he seems to be from the videos we've seen?

is he really shy and quiet like he seems to be from the videos we've seen?

I wouldn't say he's shy, but he's one of the more quiet guys on the team. He was more chatty than usual, though. He's one of the more humble, hard working kids i've known on the team. Put it this way, it was a team get together for fans, and he was the first one there. Last one to show up was Max Domi. Not a knock on Max, but that's just there nature.

Awesome, thanks for sharing

Cool to hear.. also the showing up first part. Sounds like he's a real rock in the dressing room kind of personality... exactly who we need going forward.

Nichushkin would have been an awesome pick 4-5 years ago with a chance to slot in with our current core like the Sedins who are good role models... moving forward we need some solid kids who can be the next crop of leaders on the team and Bo sounds like one of them.

• Upvote 1