The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Horvat is going to get very little press from TSN playing with those two guys. TSN always picks their hype guy(s) before the tournament starts. Remember back in 2009 Tavares was the guy even though he got outscored by Hodgson and outperformed by the theatrics of Eberle.

TSN covers the draft. It`s all part of them hyping these guys early.

The term "heavy player" is used to describe someone who is hard on the puck, hard with the puck and physical. Mike Babcock uses the term often to describe players that make you work hard for every inch of ice out there when they're on the D side of the puck and shield the puck on O. Toews and Kesler have epic battles in this regard.

I love the fact that Sutter went out of his way to praise this aspect about Horvat.

Thanks. Interesting word to describe that style of play. Googling "Babcock heaviness" brings up some threads that show some confusion among general fans, but you're definition seems to be right. Recently he referred to Darren Helm as heavy, and i can see the similarities.

Edited by bluesy_shoes

How Horvat handles himself you can tell he is a real heart and soul hockey kid. He isn't immature and doesn't play dirty. Looks very NHL ready he looks like he can step in onto our team tomorrow. Really like this guy, I'd give him as much time as he needs.

Horvat is going to get very little press from TSN playing with those two guys. TSN always picks their hype guy(s) before the tournament starts. Remember back in 2009 Tavares was the guy even though he got outscored by Hodgson and outperformed by the theatrics of Eberle.

Well take into account that Tavares was still draft eligible, and was younger, same thing with McDavid, much younger. Eberle, Hodgson, Horvat all been drafted.

Account age into factor and Tavares was more impressive than Hodgson.

Edited by PlayStation
  • Upvote 2

Thanks. Interesting word to describe that style of play. Googling "Babcock heaviness" brings up some threads that show some confusion among general fans, but you're definition seems to be right. Recently he referred to Darren Helm as heavy, and i can see the similarities.

Yeah, Babcock also called Malhotra a real heavy player back in the 2010-2011 season and praises both Zetterberg and Datsyuk in this aspect.

Horvat was the only impressive Canadian player in my mind watching the Sweden game. I know that Canada have a lot more to bring in the tournament so I am not being too happy about the win.

You guys have to stop playing dirty during these pre-tournament games though! A skilled team like Canada shouldn't be gooning it around out of frustration. (Matt Dumba, second year in a row now)