StealthNuck

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

3 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Edler and Sutter for me.

Elder, Sutter, Guddy, Tanev if we are rotating.

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'm not a fan of rotating roles either, but I could see the team doing so, or instead just having alternates. 

I'd prefer the C for Bo next year as well. He seems very ready in my estimation. I'd too would also prefer two alternates, but I'd give them to Edler and Sutter.

Yeah that's fair. I was torn between Sutter and Gudbranson but I like Guddy as a leader on the backend a little more than Sutter. Either way, they would both look good wearing the A.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Vanuckles said:

I'd give Bo the captaincy for next year. Gudbranson and Edler would wear the A for me. I don't like the rotating A, it just feels like teams do it just so that they don't hurt someone's feelings.

I agree. I hope they don't the whole post-captain "it's too soon" thing. Stick a C on someone and make the rebuild official! Get the fans excited about a new future. If they don't, it'll feel like another throw away season right from the start. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Vanuckles said:

I'd give Bo the captaincy for next year. Gudbranson and Edler would wear the A for me. I don't like the rotating A, it just feels like teams do it just so that they don't hurt someone's feelings.

Agree.  Sutter not Edler though.  But that's quibbling.

It seems like Horvat grew up a bit at the Worlds.  He's ready imo

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Agree.  Sutter not Edler though.  But that's quibbling.

It seems like Horvat grew up a bit at the Worlds.  He's ready imo

Agreed. Giving him the C this year shows that we are fully committed to the youth movement, and the young guys coming in have someone to lead the way for them. It's an acknowledgement from the club that we are moving on from the Sedin's era. It's not too soon.

The leadership group is Sutter, Edler, Gudbranson and Tanev imo, so really any of these 2 would work but I would not want to give it to Edler and Tanev because they're both quiet in the locker room based on reports. It's fine to have them leading by example, but you also need leaders to hold the team and themselves accountable behind closed doors. Although Edler answering media questions after every game could go wrong...

On 5/24/2018 at 1:24 PM, -AJ- said:

I'd prefer the C for Bo next year as well. He seems very ready in my estimation. I'd too would also prefer two alternates, but I'd give them to Edler and Sutter.

For me, it's been clear since the 2015 playoffs that Bo Horvat is the player who drives this team.  It will be very interesting to watch the start of the year without the Sedins, as I think it will be quite visible who the leaders are.

• Upvote 2