The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I was also listening to Bob McKenzie after the game. When listing off of Canada's important/star players such as Drouin, McDavid, Reinhart, he includes Horvat in that as well which credits his play of late.

Edited by Hyzer

I didn't watch the Sweden game yesterday but CC and Ferraro were saying that Canada struggled in FO's then. Did this includ Bo too.

None the less, great game for him today, a shorthanded goals, key blocks on the 5 on 3, and an assist, and the 92 FO% tops it off

I don't have the stats because TSN sucks donkey balls but I thought Horvat was the only Canadian player winning faceoffs against Sweden on a regular basis.

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter

They said before today's game that only Petan was good in the draw vs Sweden. Horvat was probably only like 55% so that's not good enough by his standards lol.

That's probably right, I heard Sutter say in the post game vs. Sweden that only one center was winning draws and I thought he meant the D zone draws that Bo won. They lost a lot of scrambles as well

I'm so stoked for this guy, he scores and even when he doesn't score he plays excellent defense. One of the best players on Team Canada, best defensive forward and I think one of the leaders in points on Canada. I just hope we take our sweet time with this kid and I hope he is still working on his training away from the Canucks and CHL.

I'm so stoked for this guy, he scores and even when he doesn't score he plays excellent defense. One of the best players on Team Canada, best defensive forward and I think one of the leaders in points on Canada. I just hope we take our sweet time with this kid and I hope he is still working on his training away from the Canucks and CHL.

Horvat does give us something to be positive about after so many disappointments coming out of the draft. As far as I can tell Horvat is regarded as probably the best face-off man and the best defensive forward in junior hockey. (And that is consistent with the way Sutter is playing him.) He also has the size, strength and toughness to play a physical game. He is a also a major offensive threat who can pass well, shoot well, and forecheck well. And he seems like a real leader on and off the ice.

In general maturity -- both on the ice and off -- he seems miles ahead of Kassian despite being several years younger.

He must be a contender for the OHL MVP this year. No one is more valuable to his team than Horvat is to London -- which is an excellent team and Horvat is clearly the best defensive player and the best offensive player. And he is a legitimate contender to be MVP on this year's Canadian Junior team.

The only aspect of his game that is not stellar is his skating speed. But he is strong on his skates.

He is eligible for junior again next year but it is hard to see him not making the Canucks.

• Upvote 1

The only aspect of his game that is not stellar is his skating speed. But he is strong on his skates.

i've only been watching him at the wjc, but it looks like he has room to improve with his puck possession in the offensive zone. it's funny, he looks to have great puck control and offensive instincts when he's skating at full speed, but when the game slows down and he's got a bit of time and space in the offensive zone, he looks a bit uncomfortable. Could be he hasn't completely settled in with his linemates yet, or he just might not be that kind of player. it looks like he wants that in his game, so we'll see if it comes with time.