The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Horvat on the PK is money.. He knows when to pressure against the boards and force the opposition to give up the puck or force it somewhere so Canada can clear it out. He is the best two-way forward on our team, hands down. He'll turn it up against the top teams.

It's still silly how people thought we would have all 3 of our prospects on team canada.

Obviously people don't watch or research these prospects enough. Horvat is on a whole different level than shinkaruk and gaunce.

I agree, horvat is much superior to gaunce in every way imaginable. Today he displayed some of his under appreciated playmaking abilities.

Such a stud

It's still silly how people thought we would have all 3 of our prospects on team canada.

Obviously people don't watch or research these prospects enough. Horvat is on a whole different level than shinkaruk and gaunce.

I agree, horvat is much superior to gaunce in every way imaginable. Today he displayed some of his under appreciated playmaking abilities.

Such a stud

we had that opportunity, so naturally fans would hope to see all 3 make it. even you understand that i'm sure.

It would be worth it if we got McDavid without giving anything up though.

You're either giving up assets to trade for the potential 1st overall pick (I say potential since it'd be almost impossible to get once the draft order is decided) or your giving up wins/points in the standings and playoff aspirations on a team that is capable of competing. I don't want to see us lose games, either intentionally by tanking or indirectly by trading away good players so that we're bad enough to lose.

I could see making a trade during the 2014/15 season to try and get that pick, or perhaps even in the summer of 2014, but otherwise I don't think we'd be legitimately bad enough to to be that low in the standings (or lucky enough in the draft lottery if we did miss the playoffs) to even consider the chance at getting McDavid.

Just what we need -another rocket scientist around here. FYI it's doubtful that anyone who follows hockey thinks Gaunce is a better player than Horvat. Nuck fans will be thrilled when Gaunce steps into the 3C position and fulfills a role that has been haunting the team for years. Bo will be a top 6 player with Linden qualities and Bergeron skills.

Saying that Horvat is on a 'whole different level' than Shinks is premature. It's likely Hunter would have made the Jr team if he'd been healthy. Their styles are completely different: one's a 2-way player; the other a sniper, so comparing them is a waste of time. Too bad some fans are so impatient with the young, developing players.

from what i've gathered from his posts, he doesn't realize there is such thing as a bottom 6 forward group.

Such a stud

Shinkaruk would have been on Team Canada and would have played on the first line, had it not been for his season-ending injury. Hockey Canada loves Hunter.

Maybe you should do a little research yourself.

• Upvote 1

And we are tired of someone busting in to every single thread possible with their "expertise" of highlight packages and 2 whole games ripping on our most NHL ready prospect like they've got a clue.

Look if you don't like Gaunce do us ALL a favour and just don't mention him anymore. You're an educated poster and generally have great ideas and contribute solidly to conversations about players and hockey in general but this Gaunce hate of yours is unreasonable and completely unfounded man. It's like me with Chihuahuas, I despise them and have no reason why but I do.

Just lay off the kid and let him surprise you when he enters the league.

Usually unfounded fear is the root of hatred, the fear of a Chihuahua being smarter than you is probably your problem root problem with Chihuahua's,( take that as a joke):). You can get over that one, they're actually pretty cool dogs but your point is taken and I agree with your analogy.

Gaunce or any other prospect can't be judged at this point. It's unfounded, low thinking. We focus on all the top picks that make it not on the huge numbers, drafted high by other teams that don't make it. People think that Vancouver only has prospects that don't develop.

See AHL.

A bit of a tough game for horvat today. He will bounce back strong though. Not as strong on the puck as usual.

Hopefully team canada doesn't get the flu bug from dumba

I was wondering if maybe Horvat was sick. He was okay today and not as good as usual. And his ice time was lower than usual. He did have some PP time and some PK time but it looked like Sutter was trying to keep his minutes low.

McDavid definitely struggled.

But Canada's biggest problem was goaltending. Patterson really struggled. No big saves and several goals right through him. And he looked shaky even on some of the saves he did make. Time for Fucale to get a shot.

I was wondering if maybe Horvat was sick. He was okay today and not as good as usual. And his ice time was lower than usual. He did have some PP time and some PK time but it looked like Sutter was trying to keep his minutes low.

McDavid definitely struggled.

But Canada's biggest problem was goaltending. Patterson really struggled. No big saves and several goals right through him. And he looked shaky even on some of the saves he did make. Time for Fucale to get a shot.

I wondered the same thing. The flu has been going around the team and Horvat had no jump at all. Looked gased all game, slow on the backcheck but he was trying. Set up Reinhart a few times but only one went in, was not dominant in the FO circle, infact was the goat on the third goal - I thought he was sick for sure the way he just could not compete. The whole Canadian backend had a rough night, quite a few fire drills in their end.