The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Thought horvat was good, but that czech team never quit. They play a good defense, kinda clog up the neutral zone, but the czech team has a good transition game, when team canada turned the puck over, it was quickly back. But canada will bounce back. Didn't like the goalie patterson, should've stayed with fucale.

Horvat does not look like himself- often the first player to leave the ice on his shifts, looks timid, losing puck battles, looks a step behind the play - very surprised there is not much talk about this - what is happening with this kid?

?concussion

?flu

?other injury

kid took a shot to the head against Germnay - post concussion sx?

I have found his play pretty disturbing, and the hit as well -anyone know if there was apenalty or a suspension? I mean that is a hit to the head for sure.

Talk about bad luck, this was supposed to be the year for canucks prospects at WJC - Gaunce was hopeful, shinkarurk and horvat were 'locks' and now we have f all.

Edited by L. Stanley

Ha, I had the game recorded and just finished watching. I came on hear to post my thought's and it appears you guys are on to it too.

I think he is fighting a groin tweak suffered last game. Sutter barely played him through the second period, he was the first one off the ice every line change.

The big thing I noticed was he never once tried to push his first three steps, his top speed was fine but it took him awhile to get up to it.

His skating looked labored like he was guarding an iffy groin.

I hope he managed to keep from making it worse, the US is waiting and we need him, he is still the best all round forward on the ice even missing the steps!

I thought for awhile that Horvat looked slow too, but watch closely how he plays. All the other players skate hard and/or drive hard to the net. That isn't Horvat's game. Instead he positions himself somewhere and half the time gets the puck because of where he anticipated it going. It happens often in both ends of the ice. I don't think there is a problem with his skating ability, I think it's the benefits of having such a smart IQ, that we don't see him skate because he's already where he needs to be right away that it looks like he is slow until the puck comes right into his direction.

I thought for awhile that Horvat looked slow too, but watch closely how he plays. All the other players skate hard and/or drive hard to the net. That isn't Horvat's game. Instead he positions himself somewhere and half the time gets the puck because of where he anticipated it going. It happens often in both ends of the ice. I don't think there is a problem with his skating ability, I think it's the benefits of having such a smart IQ, that we don't see him skate because he's already where he needs to be right away that it looks like he is slow until the puck comes right into his direction.

I realize that is his game, much like it is Gaunce's game but unlike Gaunce he seems to make up his mind a bit quicker and then use a quick 3 or 4 strides to get to where he needs to be.

I did not see those quick first steps last game or for most of the one before, that and the fact he rode the bench for much of the second period leads me to believe he is protecting a groin tweak.

I realize that is his game, much like it is Gaunce's game but unlike Gaunce he seems to make up his mind a bit quicker and then use a quick 3 or 4 strides to get to where he needs to be.

I did not see those quick first steps last game or for most of the one before, that and the fact he rode the bench for much of the second period leads me to believe he is protecting a groin tweak.

It's possible. I haven't heard anything about a potentially injury so I'd be out of the loop on that one. I liked his play though, I enjoy how smart he is and the fact he's expected to be more of a leader to Reinhardt and McDavid, as well as provide defence. I am happy with him so far.

https://vine.co/v/h9OqapUBVUp He took a hit to the head during the game against Germany.

Seems like Sutter was putting Horvat with Laughton for shutdown duties during the 3rd, also did Anderson play at all during the 3rd i didnt see him? i think a line of Anderson-Horvat-Laughton could be good.

Edited by I♥Huberdeau

https://vine.co/v/h9OqapUBVUp He took a hit to the head during the game against Germany.

Seems like Sutter was putting Horvat with Laughton for shutdown duties during the 3rd, also did Anderson play at all during the 3rd i didnt see him? i think a line of Anderson-Horvat-Laughton could be good.

He did seem to have some chemistry with Laughton, Anderson for speed and grit, sounds good to me.

I hope Bo is alright and they keep him with Laughton who seems a bit more dynamic than Sammy.

Bo Horvat is such a class act heres a video of why he wears #53

The video is basically about Horvat honoring Ian Jenkins a goalie that he played against a lot in big games when he was younger. Jenkins signed a commitment to the London Knights Horvat's Junior team but tragically died before playing a game for them. Even though they didnt play together Horvat decided to honor Jenkins by wearing his #35 hence the #53

http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=267541

Edited by AntonRodin