The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Great assist by Horvat so far on McDavid's go ahead goal. Clutch player.

Horvat is smart with the puck, very good in the face-off circle, and plays good positional defence in his own zone. But I was disappointed in his skating today. Several people have raised the possibility of a nagging injury. I hope what we are seeing is not full speed.

Horvat is smart with the puck, very good in the face-off circle, and plays good positional defence in his own zone. But I was disappointed in his skating today. Several people have raised the possibility of a nagging injury. I hope what we are seeing is not full speed.

He blocked a shot off his foot in the game against the Czechs, went to the bench and missed a PK shift but played the rest of the game.

I have a feeling that it might still be bothering him.

Edited by Brad Marchand

I don't see where this "On of Canada's best" is coming from. When he has had space he has made some pretty great plays, but it's pretty obvious that he is being hampered by injury.

Canada's best?

Droun, Dumba, Fucale and Ekblad would be my choices, no particular order. Ekblad is a beast.

Edited by Edler's Mind Tricks

I don't see where this "On of Canada's best" is coming from. When he has had space he has made some pretty great plays, but it's pretty obvious that he is being hampered by injury.

Canada's best?

Droun, Dumba, Fucale and Ekblad would be my choices, no particular order. Ekblad is a beast.

You have Dumba in there instead of Mantha and his 10 points in 4 games?

A couple others mentioned the same thing after you, and I'm inclined to agree. He's looked good, but he hasn't quite looked his best?

If it is an injury I just hope it's something small, I'd hate to see his season derailed.

Canada's best?

Not impressed with dumba at all, good skater, good puck handler, but lacks some brains. Has taken some untimely penalties in this tournament, has been a part of some fire drills in his own end. Fucale has had one ok game.

• Upvote 1

Not impressed with dumba at all, good skater, good puck handler, but lacks some brains. Has taken some untimely penalties in this tournament, has been a part of some fire drills in his own end. Fucale has had one ok game.

imo Dumba is the most overrated player on this team
  • Upvote 3

Canada's best?

Dumba reminds me of Bieksa, when he's not playing his best. He's got all he tools and plays a tough, hard-hitting game but is prone to frequent on-ice blunders.

Lazar, Mantha, and especially Sam Reinhart have all had really good tournaments. Reinhart has been especially impressive, as he's being relied on in all situations (as a 17 year old). Whoever drafts him first overall this summer is getting a tremendous all-around player.

Edited by nowhereman

Dumba reminds me of Bieksa, when he's not playing his best. He's got all he tools and plays a tough, hard-hitting game but is prone to frequent on-ice blunders.

Lazar, Mantha, and especially Sam Reinhart have all had really good tournaments. Reinhart has been especially impressive, as he's being relied on in all situations (as a 17 year old). Whoever drafts him first overall this summer is getting a tremendous all-around player.

I completely agree. It's really tough to peg him as a specific "type" of player. Cerebral, skilled, speed, good size, hockey sense. He doesnt blow me away in any specific area, except that he is a player that just "gets it".

I really like Ekblad allot aswell. Like Jones, this kid is a big, smart, skilled player with franchise defensman written all over him.