The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I was at the game last night and had a chance to meet him before the game as well. Great guy. Very classy. He played an outstanding game against my hometown Battalions. Liberati plays on our team though!

More info please. Puck awareness skills, puck possession skills, body positioning, his skating, puck control, shot, OVERALL awareness, whats his finess game like etc etc, who would you compare him to? who does he remind you off, blah blah blah.

Thanks.

Can boho play this year for the nucks?

Once you send a junior player I believe that they are not eligible to be able for call up until there OHL team that holds their rights is done with their season. Unless London severely tanks and doesn't make the playoffs or has an early round which is not likely but possible, Horvat wont be avaliable to us til than.

However, I do remember one time LA signed Brayden Schenn to an emergency call up contract when they didn't have enough players to dress but that was because Schenn was playing in Vancity for the Wheat Kings that week. I can't imagine theCanucks doing that though iunless they were severely dropping like flies.

Once you send a junior player I believe that they are not eligible to be able for call up until there OHL team that holds their rights is done with their season. Unless London severely tanks and doesn't make the playoffs or has an early round which is not likely but possible, Horvat wont be avaliable to us til than.

However, I do remember one time LA signed Brayden Schenn to an emergency call up contract when they didn't have enough players to dress but that was because Schenn was playing in Vancity for the Wheat Kings that week. I can't imagine theCanucks doing that though iunless they were severely dropping like flies.

Sorry just just shizz and giggles, if the Canucks were out of the playoffs, and the knights were done also, just bring in hrobat for a few games to see how he goes? Or is it playoffs only? And would that burn off any contract years? Cheers.

Sorry just just shizz and giggles, if the Canucks were out of the playoffs, and the knights were done also, just bring in hrobat for a few games to see how he goes? Or is it playoffs only? And would that burn off any contract years? Cheers.

I think contract won't burn up as long as he has less than 10 games played in the NHL.

But since London is hosting the Memorial Cup this year, London Knights (and Bo Horvat subsequently) are both playing for the Memorial Cup. If Canucks missed the playoffs, most likely Bo won't be able to make it to play a game in Vancouver due to the Memorial Cup tournament ending later than the Stanley Cup playoff's start.

• Upvote 2

What do you mean they are playing for the memorial cup? Because they are hosting it they are automatically in the finals? I don't get that.

I believe that is the case.

Last year Saskatoon was the host but got eliminated in the first round yet were in the Memorial Cup competition against London, Halifax and the WHL champs Portland. However Saskatoon was not really any good. Good to be in the playoffs but nto as strong as other competition.

Whoever hosts the memorial cup gets an automatic entry into the final four, to play against the winners of the 3 chl leagues.

Does anyone know what happens if a host team also wins their league championship?

The two league finalists go

• Upvote 1

Can boho play this year for the nucks?

Yes*

*But only as an emergency call up if we don't have enough healthy players to ice a proper roster and the Comets don't have a player to spare without dropping them below a proper roster too. Other than that, he has to stay with his junior team until their season is totally completed.

Honestly though, for how many times you purport to know what's best for this team I'd expect you'd know the answer to a question like that which has been asked numerous times on CDC for numerous players.