Sign in to follow this  
StealthNuck

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

On 9/7/2019 at 9:30 AM, Alflives said:

Why do farm boys make for good captains?  

cause they can mend fences and shovel $&!# with the best of them...idk, why?

...and run them over like tractors

Edited by Pete M
  • Haha 1

Bo Horvat on Sportsnet 650:

On the potential of the captaincy: "It would be a huge honour to even be considered, there's been so many great captains here in Vancouver. I do think I've made that step and I'm ready for it, but regardless we have a lot of great leaders in the room."

On the young guys pushing the team: "I think having really good players pushes everybody else to be better. When you see Petey, Brock, or Quinn doing something special you want to match that. You want everyone on the team pulling the rope."

On Toews' positive comments regarding Bo: "That was really cool to hear. I have a lot of respect for his game and him as a leader. Him saying that gives me confidence as he's someone I want to model my game after."

Damn....Bo was strong tonight in a few shifts. Most times he was cruising but he is a vet now and knows he does not need to prove anything.

But on his pass to Baer and his break away he showed he knows how strong he is and how good he is at both passing and shooting. He will surpass his highest points totals this year for sure with having a guy like JT Miller as his permanent winger!!

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Horvat looks stronger on the puck and faster than last year.  I really think he has potential be a 70 pt #2 centre this year. 

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Horvat looks stronger on the puck and faster than last year.  I really think he has potential be a 70 pt #2 centre this year. 

In that "meeting Brock video" Bo told Brock that he's lighter this season.  Bo is maturing into a man physically, so he can be leaner and stronger.  

I think this could be a career year for Horvat. Miller and him could be a great match and then u got goldy/baer/Leivo/Pearson to add to the mix. If goldy has matured he could fit in there nicely.