The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

That drag move is going to be much harder/impossible to pull of at the NHL level. It's one of those things where it works it junior but at the next level it is much harder to pull off.

I'm not saying Bo can't do it, but he'll have to make some adjustments to pull it off.

Jonathan Toews is probably the best in the business when it comes to toe-drags and one-on-one dekes.

Really? Datsyuk is the best stick-handler in the league imo. I'd also put Malkin, P Kane, Crosby all ahead of Toews
  • Upvote 3

Guest Dasein

Really? Datsyuk is the best stick-handler in the league imo. I'd also put Malkin, P Kane, Crosby all ahead of Toews

Datsyuk has the best handles, and Kane is right after IMO.

But in terms of the toe-drag, I don't see anyone else in the league pull it off more consistently than Toews does.

Personally I think his play would have to fall off a cliff to not be on the Canucks next year. It's pretty evident he's too talented for another year in Jr. He's also too young to play in Utica. That really only leaves one place for him to play IMO (I don't think Europe's a realistic option but I suppose it is one).

My guess is he gets a nice spot on the third line wing with occasional centre duties (taking draws on his strong side, when the primary C gets waived/is in the box/injured).

I havent seen him play much but I watched the World Juniors and he looked really good to me. I dont know why people are saying he was average. If he can get a bit quicker hes going to be a force.

I havent seen him play much but I watched the World Juniors and he looked really good to me. I dont know why people are saying he was average. If he can get a bit quicker hes going to be a force.

they say that because the entire team dropped a deuce in the tourney. Horvat was one of the few bright spots at the WJC

id say 75% chance

I think it's in the 90%+ area. He's shown that the OHL is far too easy for him such that another season would stagnate his progress. He almost made the team as an 18 year old (he would have if not for Santo). I think he starts the season on Matthias's wing and may move up into a top 6 wing position.

I think it's in the 90%+ area. He's shown that the OHL is far too easy for him such that another season would stagnate his progress. He almost made the team as an 18 year old (he would have if not for Santo). I think he starts the season on Matthias's wing and may move up into a top 6 wing position.

Ditto on all points.

• Upvote 1

no, he took an awkward hit. knee injury.. i don't think it's serious. precautionary.

also, came to my attention that ryan rupert hasn't been signed by the leafs yet.. could re-enter the draft.. worth looking at both brothers

You seem to really like the Rupert brothers. Do you have any NHLers you can compare them to? Ontario boy doesn't want to sign with the Leafs (yet?). I'm assuming he has at least got a contract offer from the Leafs so it makes you wonder...

Edited by Canucks1219

You seem to really like the Rupert brothers. Do you have any NHLers you can compare them to? Ontario boy doesn't want to sign with the Leafs (yet?). I'm assuming he has at least got a contract offer from the Leafs so it makes you wonder...

i don't think the leafs offered him a contract, just invited him and his brother to training camp. i'd honestly compare him to brad marchand, with a bit of an edge. both brothers play similar

Guest Dasein

they say that because the entire team dropped a deuce in the tourney. Horvat was one of the few bright spots at the WJC

I don't think Horvat was a bright spot at the WJC because to be honest, he also underperformed at the tournament.

Not as bad as some of the other players, but I think even Bo would admit he didn't play his best.

So I don't think I'd count him as a bright spot at the WJC when he didn't play his best game. Relatively, he didn't underperform as bad as the others, yes, but he didn't exactly perform to his own level either IMO.