The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

ugh ... getting his jersey ... hmmm .........

They might have the "BO Knows" shirts again when the season starts, i'll have to find out next time i'm there.

Jerseys are $125 plus i think like 40 for stitching. I got mine done on the night where they ran a special where you could get a jersey and stich only his name on it for free, or a small cost. I'll look into it next week probably if i'm at the arena.

Worth noting, Michael McCarron, the Habs 1st round pick will be joining the Knights next year. He could be excellent on the wing with Bo.. 6'5" 225lbs.. wow

You can ruin prospects that way. Columbus ruined Gilbert Brule by expecting him to step in so soon.

Seeing as though he's a Ryan O'Reilly duplicate according to Ray Ferraro and O'Reilly made the Avs the year he was drafted as a 2nd round pick, I think Horvat will be fine. I thinks it's better to play him now being surrounded by vets like the Sedins and Kesler rather than later when they're retired and the team sucks forcing Horvat to be the guy.

They might have the "BO Knows" shirts again when the season starts, i'll have to find out next time i'm there.

Jerseys are $125 plus i think like 40 for stitching. I got mine done on the night where they ran a special where you could get a jersey and stich only his name on it for free, or a small cost. I'll look into it next week probably if i'm at the arena.

Worth noting, Michael McCarron, the Habs 1st round pick will be joining the Knights next year. He could be excellent on the wing with Bo.. 6'5" 225lbs.. wow

DOMI-HORVAT-MCCARRON sounds like a great line on paper.

Would have been perfect if we drafted Horvat back in hodgsons draft and hodgson this year haha

Bo would have made the perfect young 3rd line centre and coho would be coming it at the right time.

Edited by thad

The Hockey News already puts Bocephus Horvat at 3rd on the depth chart at center

http://forecaster.th...thchart.php?Van

That depth chart is horrid.

How is Wesley Myron better than Shinkaruk at this point, much less the write off of Steven Anthony.

Anyone thinking Alex Friesen is more ready for the NHL than Gaunce is smoking something.

Matt Beattie played LW/RW for every game last season. LaBate has played on the LW for the majority of the past 2 seasons in Wisconsin, but both of these guys are listed as Centers.

Price adapted to the level of play with the Wolves better than Polasek and Sauve, yet he is last on the list for D.

Tyson seems to think Bo could have a shot in NHL next yr.

Mark Song@canucks0709 4h

@TysonGiuriato thanks! I'm really looking fwd to see Gaunce playing. 1 more question, how far away do u think Horvat and Shinkarek are?

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato 3h

@canucks0709 Horvat is super close, wouldn't be surprised if he could play next season. Shinkaruk maybe a year.
Edited by RunningWild

For those who follow advanced stats:

Matt Pfeffer@MattyPfeffer 2h

It's suspected Horvat played tougher mins than Domi - which could in part explain the vast disparity. But wowsa. That's a WOWY.

I doubted his offense when the nucks drafted him. He surged in the playoffs, but when you go back to the regular season, his offensive numbers were unimpressive especially for a memorial cup team.

He could carry that playoff production into next year, but I suspect it was merely a hot streak at the right time that led to his draft stock jumping up

I doubted his offense when the nucks drafted him. He surged in the playoffs, but when you go back to the regular season, his offensive numbers were unimpressive especially for a memorial cup team.

He could carry that playoff production into next year, but I suspect it was merely a hot streak at the right time that led to his draft stock jumping up

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he started the year in a more defensive role and moved up.. Not really sure if that's true but it would explain his lower point totals.. I'd expect him to be around the top in league scoring next year if he can't crack the nucks.

Could be pretty sweet, shinkaruk candidate to win whl scoring title and Horvat possibly ohl title.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he started the year in a more defensive role and moved up.. Not really sure if that's true but it would explain his lower point totals.. I'd expect him to be around the top in league scoring next year if he can't crack the nucks.

Could be pretty sweet, shinkaruk candidate to win whl scoring title and Horvat possibly ohl title.

He was used in a more defensive role, and then moved up halfway through the season I believe.

Saying his numbers are unimpressive for a player on a memorial cup team is ignoring the type of player he is. In fact it's the opposite. Putting up the numbers he did, while shutting other teams top lines down is very impressive.

There's a reason why he was voted best defensive player and playoff MVP. He's a complete player. That's why people really need to stop focusing on just stats and understand what type of players they are.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

For those who follow advanced stats:

Matt Pfeffer@MattyPfeffer 2h

It's suspected Horvat played tougher mins than Domi - which could in part explain the vast disparity. But wowsa. That's a WOWY.

Max is very much an offense first player, a big contributor to Max's success was Niki Zadorov. He opened up A LOT of fast breaks for him. Bo is two way, he's not gonna be relied on for pure offense

Max is very much an offense first player, a big contributor to Max's success was Niki Zadorov. He opened up A LOT of fast breaks for him. Bo is two way, he's not gonna be relied on for pure offense

your right. our max domi is hunter shinkaruk. horvat is a pure 2 way team guy. think kesler bergeron toews

if you look at horvat's season breakdown you start to see a progression in his offensive game he started off very slow and was still ranked 15th by CSS in the midterm rankings (which says a lot).

http://www.ontarioho...90/ls_season/46

He's a guy who plays in the tough situations. Goals aren't important when they are all in blowout games, if you look deep in his stats, he scored clutch goals.. comeback goals. I guarantee the thing that made our scouts take him was his drive in the playoffs, and his sudden break out.