The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Love the pick, the trade could've been better though. But Horvat is the real deal, he was the definition of clutch for London in the playoffs, exactly the kind of player we need to progress. With Horvat and Gaunce on board, our future at centre ice looks a lot more promising.

Pretty much this. I'm really happy with the pick, but I think the trade could've brought more in return. More than that, I have no clue what Gillis is planning right now. Are we going with a youth movement now? I'd be okay with that if Gillis would just say that's what he's doing...

Not a flashy player, just an in-front-of-the-net, greasy type of goal scorer... me likey! Great skater too.

Gillis et al needed to clear cap space, we still have Lou, Lack, Canata, etc, this trade works.

I know people are screaming that we could have gotten more, but for very little more I would not want Schneids going to a division rival.

All the best to Schneids out east, thank Science we don't have to face him!!

• Upvote 2

This player scores clutch goals, plays a 200 foot game, and has great leadership qualities about him. I love this pick, and if he develops into a Bergeron/Kesler type player, with utility in all situations, that will be fantastic for us.

I like many others feel we could have got more, potentially from the flyers even (Couturier + 11th), but at the end of the day, he pulled the trigger now and avoided an even more unfortunate goaltending situation.

Nichuskin was the pick we should have made here. Horvat is good, but man we just missed out on the BPA.

I thought the exact same when the pick was made but after thinking about it Nichuskin was too much of a risk for Gillis. Bo isn't exactly a home run pick but he is exactly what we need. Think about Nichuskin he already has an attitude and he would most likely clash with Torts. Here we picked a good Canadian kid who will pan out to be an excellent C. I think of him as a more complete Hodgson.

I thought the exact same when the pick was made but after thinking about it Nichuskin was too much of a risk for Gillis. Bo isn't exactly a home run pick but he is exactly what we need. Think about Nichuskin he already has an attitude and he would most likely clash with Torts. Here we picked a good Canadian kid who will pan out to be an excellent C. I think of him as a more complete Hodgson.

not bashing nichushkin but why does he only have 6pts in 28 games?
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I like it more and more, I just feel in love with the upside of Nickushkin.

I think Horvat is a Bergeron/Richards type guy myself.

Horvat was safer pick, i mean what if Nicush didn't like hockey in NA, and bolted/stayed in the KHL (think he's under contract still iirc). If that happened, we would've traded Schneider for nothing.

Like Horvat's upside, it'll be an interesting season to come.