The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Sedin | #33 | C

-SN-

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

That's a sexy looking stat line.  Congrats to Henr1K!

Player Pos         GP           G               A           Pts          "+\-"          PIM            PP            SH           GW         S         S%
1.  Henrik Sedin C 1213 233 767 1000 206 632 61 7 38 1747 13.3
2.  Daniel Sedin LW 1190 366 602 968 179 496 128 0 79 3187 11.5
3.  Markus Naslund LW 884 346 410 756 2 614 114 6 49 2613 13.2
4.  Trevor Linden C 1140 318 415 733 -44 730 97 15 33 2246 14.2
5.  Stan Smyl RW 896 262 411 673 -77 1556 74 13 20 1903 13.8

One of the weird stats of the season so far this year has got to be Henrik's shooting percentage.  Can he keep it up for the 2nd half?

Player Pos GP G A Pts "+\-" PIM PP SH GW S S%
1.  Bo Horvat C 47 13 17 30 0 16 1 2 1 82 15.9
2.  Henrik Sedin C 47 11 19 30 -8 10 1 0 4 57 19.3
3.  Daniel Sedin LW 47 11 15 26 -5 22 5 0 1 120 9.2

Hank has had a few years with high shooting percentages. He had 20.5 in his sophomore season and he's had over 17% in two other seasons as well. 19.3% is pretty exceptionally high, but it's not unreasonable to think that he can finish close to that mark.

Good interview with Henrik on 1040 today: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/henrik-if-we-make-the-playoffs-we-ve-shown-we-can-play-with-anyone-1.657281

Some good stuff around coming up in the league, Crawford'd 'tough love' approach and how he sees a good work ethic in guys like Chaput and Gaunce. Says Jake needs to build up his professionalism like these guys and work hard at improving every day- he wasn't slagging Jake, just responding to a question about what he thinks Jake needs to do. 

The other thing was they asked him  this:

Q: Would you play anywhere else? 

A: <long pause> I would say no.

It wasn't an outright no, never, etc so who knows, if the situation is perfect maybe they'd go for a cup run somewhere else if we were totally out of the picture next season.

Edited by S'all Good Man

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Good interview with Henrik on 1040 today: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/henrik-if-we-make-the-playoffs-we-ve-shown-we-can-play-with-anyone-1.657281

Some good stuff around coming up in the league, Crawford'd 'tough love' approach and how he sees a good work ethic in guys like Chaput and Gaunce. Says Jake needs to build up his professionalism like these guys and work hard at improving every day- he wasn't slagging Jake, just responding to a question about what he thinks Jake needs to do. 

The other thing was they asked him  this:

Q: Would you play anywhere else? 

A: <long pause> I would say no.

It wasn't an outright no, never, etc so who knows, if the situation is perfect maybe they'd go for a cup run somewhere else if we were totally out of the picture next season.

I thought Hank chose his words carefully, when asked about Jake.  "be a professional" can be open to interpretation, no?  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I thought Hank chose his words carefully, when asked about Jake.  "be a professional" can be open to interpretation, no?  

I thought it was really good myself, kind of showing Jake the way to act like his peers. Didn't think it was out of line or anything at all. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With his 3-assist night, Hank now sits at 796 assists, just four off 800 assists, a mark that only 30 other players have ever hit. Jari Kurri currently sits one assist ahead of Henrik at 797 and is in 31st all-time. Once Henrik passes him, he'll be 31st all time and set to become the 31st player to hit 800 assists.

On 2017-11-30 at 9:53 PM, -AJ- said:

With his 3-assist night, Hank now sits at 796 assists, just four off 800 assists, a mark that only 30 other players have ever hit. Jari Kurri currently sits one assist ahead of Henrik at 797 and is in 31st all-time. Once Henrik passes him, he'll be 31st all time and set to become the 31st player to hit 800 assists.

Wish the twins would watch the hilite reels of themselves through their prime, their legs moved much quicker...  might motivate them to up some dry land foot speed training. There is room for improvement.

Im not knocking them, but if there is room to improve your game, you target it.  These 2 could easily have 2 more seasons in them.  Perhaps a Cup yet. 

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Wish the twins would watch the hilite reels of themselves through their prime, their legs moved much quicker...  might motivate them to up some dry land foot speed training. There is room for improvement.

Im not knocking them, but if there is room to improve your game, you target it.  These 2 could easily have 2 more seasons in them.  Perhaps a Cup yet. 

•  

Not sure their legs will let them move faster but their brains still work and with the best fit winger with them, they are certainly still NHL players.    Henrik has 9 points in his last 7 games and, as importantly, is a +3 during those games meaning doing good things 5 on 5.   Finally, his number of shifts and ice-time has crept up as well.   He won't keep up a 105 point pace (which would win Art Ross last year) but if he gets 50-55 points and not be a minus player that would be brilliant for the Vancouver Canucks - he is currently on pace for 48 but is trending in the right direction to improve that.    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Hank is on pace for 54 assists. Boy, it would be a thrill to see him back up to those heights.

He's also on a 5-game point streak.

The points are coming but the team compete level came back last evening too (even though against a crappy team).   I think the thing about both Sedins that makes them the leaders they are is he would trade every point streak, every milestone and every award for the Canucks winning.   I would bet he would be happier sitting at a 20 point season pace if the Canucks were 10 games over .500, for example.    I think it rots Henrik (and his brother ) on the inside when the are losing.

20 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

The points are coming but the team compete level came back last evening too (even though against a crappy team).   I think the thing about both Sedins that makes them the leaders they are is he would trade every point streak, every milestone and every award for the Canucks winning.   I would bet he would be happier sitting at a 20 point season pace if the Canucks were 10 games over .500, for example.    I think it rots Henrik (and his brother ) on the inside when the are losing.

Then he and Daniel need to back check and play better defensively than they did yesterday. Their gaffes were not good.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Then he and Daniel need to back check and play better defensively than they did yesterday. Their gaffes were not good.

I don't think anyone played the Dgame particularly well last evening other than Virtanen who I think is playing extremely well in both ends.... and LE who continues to impress me with his solid play.   You are right, however, the Sedins are not as aggressive on the puck as they need to be right now and are getting to plays a fraction slower than they used to.

Henrik was always my favourite between the twins. Up until the last couple of seasons. He just looks done to me. Between the 2, I'm liking Daniel's over game a lot more. Hanks looks slower than Daniel, never wants to shoot (which isn't new, but c'mon...), always looks like he's forcing plays, always losing the puck with errant passes. I've enjoyed watching them (even on offense this year), but I think they should call it a career at the end of the year and allow this team to move on. The culture change simply cannot be complete with the twins in the lineup.

I don't mean this as disrespect, they are the best players the Canucks have ever had imo, but that is the nature of time.