HEIGHT: 6' 3"
WEIGHT: 190
SHOOTS: RIGHT
BORN: 14 FEB 1989  (AGE 27)
BIRTHPLACE: HUNTINGTON, NY, UNITED STATES
HOMETOWN: RED DEER, ALBERTA

DRAFTED: CAR / 2007 NHL ENTRY DRAFT
ROUND: 1ST (11TH OVERALL)

Hopefully Sutter can stay healthy for the full 82 next season. Feel like he is capable of putting up 40 points, so I wanna see him go out and do it.

I think our PK next season is going to be in the top 5 next season, if Sutter and Gudbranson stay healthy.

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

The canucks live and die with Sutter unless Horvat takes another big step next season.

Could Sutter be a place holder, until our younger core develops?

Just now, Alflives said:

Could Sutter be a place holder, until our younger core develops?

Yeah that is his role here. But as of right now we need him badly. Exhibit A: Fifth Overall Pick

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah that is his role here. But as of right now we need him badly. Exhibit A: Fifth Overall Pick

Considering we need elite skill, maybe we need him to NOT play?:o

Needs to put on 10-15 lbs. He's pretty skinny. But he's a better player than Bonino on the Canucks.  You take Sutter over Bonino again if you are the Canucks. 

• Upvote 3

wow cool a new section. :D sutter da man! go sutter go!

if we are serious about competing next season this guy will be the most important piece 

Really looking forward to see a healthy Sutter in the lineup in the new season.  He will make a huge difference to Bo's game by sharing the heavy load of defensive C. 

Despite how well Bonino is playing in the SC games, I think Sutter is a much better option for a team that is enlisting young prospects.  He shoulders a lot of the grunt work and will help the youngins' out when they are over their heads.

• Upvote 3

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Outsiders said:

Hopefully Sutter can stay healthy for the full 82 next season. Feel like he is capable of putting up 40 points, so I wanna see him go out and do it.

Sutter put up 40 points on Pittsburgh's 3rd line playing a shutdown role. 40 points should be the expectation out of him. And their 3rd line wasn't very good. Personally I won't be surprised to see him crack 50, especially if the Canucks get him a top 6 winger out of free agency. In all honesty Sutter just never has played with top 6 guys, he's proven he can match up against the league's best in a shutdown role and do very well. Next season we'll finally see if he can produce the offence to match with (hopefully) higher quality linemates than he's ever had before.

Edited by Boddy604
  • Upvote 1

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, bubbaCHUCK said:

one of the most underrated players in the NHL.

don't let his numbers fool you. he's a keeper.

Couldn't agree more and besides he's a Sutter. They all play the game the same way and you know exactly what to expect.

Also he's had surgery and time to recover from a hernia. I don't believe for a minute that he was healthy when he came here. It's going to be fun watching Sutter at 100%

Sutter can prove his value against Bonino in next years playoffs. Playoffs yes I said playoffs.

• Upvote 4