The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brandon Sutter | #20 | C

-SN-

Really looking forward to see a healthy Sutter in the lineup in the new season.  He will make a huge difference to Bo's game by sharing the heavy load of defensive C. 

Despite how well Bonino is playing in the SC games, I think Sutter is a much better option for a team that is enlisting young prospects.  He shoulders a lot of the grunt work and will help the youngins' out when they are over their heads.

• Upvote 3

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Outsiders said:

Hopefully Sutter can stay healthy for the full 82 next season. Feel like he is capable of putting up 40 points, so I wanna see him go out and do it.

Sutter put up 40 points on Pittsburgh's 3rd line playing a shutdown role. 40 points should be the expectation out of him. And their 3rd line wasn't very good. Personally I won't be surprised to see him crack 50, especially if the Canucks get him a top 6 winger out of free agency. In all honesty Sutter just never has played with top 6 guys, he's proven he can match up against the league's best in a shutdown role and do very well. Next season we'll finally see if he can produce the offence to match with (hopefully) higher quality linemates than he's ever had before.

Edited by Boddy604
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, bubbaCHUCK said:

one of the most underrated players in the NHL.

don't let his numbers fool you. he's a keeper.

Couldn't agree more and besides he's a Sutter. They all play the game the same way and you know exactly what to expect.

• 4 weeks later...