StealthNuck

Brandon Sutter | #20 | C

19 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Spooner in a heartbeat..  hopefully he becomes “Leivo” like.

That would be fantastic.  Hopefully JB can win one move involving a past Bruin.  At least he didnt sign Lucic.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

That would be fantastic.  Hopefully JB can win one move involving a past Bruin.  At least he didnt sign Lucic.  

It’s too bad about Schaller,  like Lucic, they “game” is passing him..   to be honest, I was all for Lucic,  but the back and forth speed of the game has even Eriksson hanging on by a thread.

I am enjoying this new evolution in the game, we are ahead of some teams in the change, .. but it’s amazing how Tampa has seemed to keep it on the fly.   Yzerman.  Full Credit.      Seattle next for him? 

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I believe Baertschi himself said he's had several concussions in his career.  Don't remember the exact quote.  Not sure they all happened in the last couple years, more likely his entire career...

He said he didn't know if he had 4 or 5 - Canucks only announced 2 which would make it 4.  Probably better to continue the discussion in his thread though rather than in the Sutter one.

Edited by mll
  • Hydration 1

53 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It’s too bad about Schaller,  like Lucic, they “game” is passing him..   to be honest, I was all for Lucic,  but the back and forth speed of the game has even Eriksson hanging on by a thread.

I am enjoying this new evolution in the game, we are ahead of some teams in the change, .. but it’s amazing how Tampa has seemed to keep it on the fly.   Yzerman.  Full Credit.      Seattle next for him? 

Yzerman can go where ever he wants.  A brilliant team builder in Tampa.  Really decent guy to talk too the 2 times I met him.  Very modest and unassuming, but you could tell.he knew everything that was going on around him.  

If Seattle was smart, they would give Steve what ever he wants to sign there.  

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Yzerman can go where ever he wants.  A brilliant team builder in Tampa.  Really decent guy to talk too the 2 times I met him.  Very modest and unassuming, but you could tell.he knew everything that was going on around him.  

If Seattle was smart, they would give Steve what ever he wants to sign there.  

....we have a presidential opening on our team too...and he's a BC boy...one can dream!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

....we have a presidential opening on our team too...and he's a BC boy...one can dream!

Seriously, would our owner hire someone experienced?  It’s suggested that as soon as Linden questioned our owner (on whatever it was about) our owner turfed Trevor.  

Edited by Alflives

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Left Tampa to be closer to home, which I assume is Detroit. If anything that’s where he’ll end up when they can Holland.

25 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Left Tampa to be closer to home, which I assume is Detroit. If anything that’s where he’ll end up when they can Holland.

I took it as such as well, but I think he has lots of family in BC still. I heard he still frequently comes back to vacation here...think he's from Cranbrook. Anyways, ya most likely Detroit.

11 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I took it as such as well, but I think he has lots of family in BC still. I heard he still frequently comes back to vacation here...think he's from Cranbrook. Anyways, ya most likely Detroit.

Hes got a place in the Okanagan area as well as a bunch of NHLers (predominantly Kelowna), Doan, Iggy, Hartnell, Niedermeyer, just to name a few. Only in hockey is where you can slash, cross check guys at the back, get into fights and becoming drinking buddies in the offseason LOL. Bumped into Hartnell in one of the wineries in Summerland, really good guy

• Hydration 1

On 2/17/2019 at 5:43 AM, -AJ- said:

Sutter was honestly a key piece to our team up until this year. Beagle's arrival combined with Sutter's struggles this year have made all fans have amnesia and forget how good he was for us over the past two years.

I wonder if they shut him down for the rest of the season, and let a healthy Brandon Sutter show up next fall.

I don't think what we are seeing this year is the true Brandon Sutter.  Not saying he will all of sudden have an offensive renaissance, but see his overall defensive stinginess return.  His defensive game has looked laborious all year long especially his specialty in the faceoff dot.  Since his shoulder separation injury, I notice his faceoff stance is far different this season.  He doesn't look like he has the same power in his upper body to pull the puck back and is resorting a lot in the recent month and a bit before he got hurt again, by tying up the defender.  I would suspect that is why his faceoff % is way down from what he has shown before (being in the mid 50's %).

I still like Sutter, but feel the writing is on the wall for him this summer.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 more years at 4.3 per

At what point do the Canucks look at buying out this terrible contract........ ????

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

2 more years at 4.3 per

At what point do the Canucks look at buying out this terrible contract........ ????

imo, it isn't a terrible contract, it just looks bad because of Sutter catching the Salo virus and getting injured too often.

Also with all the money left in cap space for the team who cares what they are paid?

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

imo, it isn't a terrible contract, it just looks bad because of Sutter catching the Salo virus and getting injured too often.

Also with all the money left in cap space for the team who cares what they are paid?

Would rather use his cap space on a  UFA  D man.... no ?

10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

If the Canucks were up against the cap, maybe, depends on which d man and terms.

CapFriendly shows $28.9 mill of space for 2019/2020, plenty to sign Boeser, Hutton and a few of the others, and still have enough money to go after the big fish. Which I hope they don't do anyway.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Pretty sure with $20-odd million in space we can afford to target a D and retain Sutter.

That and we already have too many bodies and more guys, and their salaries, will be moved out this summer, only increasing that cap space.

Maybe Sutter will be one of those guys this summer, maybe he won't.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

Sutter is done for the year. Sports hernia surgery. He has already had the left side done. Now the right..

Lets not expect to trade him at the draft.     

• Hydration 1

11 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Sutter is done for the year. Sports hernia surgery. He has already had the left side done. Now the right..

Could buy him out. Just over 2mill for 4 years.

21 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Sounds to me like Sutter's balls are too big, and his body breaks down carrying the extra weight.  

Saw him downtown last week, and got this pic.  He was trying to not be too conspicuous,but people still stared.   

Sutter's big balls.jpg

• Haha 3