The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brandon Sutter | #20 | C

-SN-

21 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Gaudette's points-per-game this year is 0.22. Sutter's points per game this year is 0.23. The argument that Gaudette is some offensive phenom is fallacious.

I believe Gaudette has the potential to be solid offensively, but he's not there yet.

lol lol lol

You forgot the most important stat ice time??????? This is Gaudettes 1st season getting to know the league and learning systems..

Sutter 30 yrs old - 26GP -- 6 Pts --   17:28 mins per game   ---This guy has no upside, good face-off  guy....Trade him to a contender for depth and help in playoffs..Happy to get 3rd rounder for him....

Gaudette 22 yrs old - 56 GP  - 12 Pts ---  10:57 mins per game -- The future is bright --  

For the good stat of mins played go to CBS Sports.com--- Will help rather then using pt percentage, more time on ice would help Gaudette produce points..

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

lol lol lol

You forgot the most important stat ice time??????? This is Gaudettes 1st season getting to know the league and learning systems..

Sutter 30 yrs old - 26GP -- 6 Pts --   17:28 mins per game   ---This guy has no upside, good face-off  guy....Trade him to a contender for depth and help in playoffs..Happy to get 3rd rounder for him....

Gaudette 22 yrs old - 56 GP  - 12 Pts ---  10:57 mins per game -- The future is bright --  

For the good stat of mins played go to CBS Sports.com--- Will help rather then using pt percentage, more time on ice would help Gaudette produce points..

I agree that ice time would help, but simply giving ice time to players doesn't always magically improve their offense. See Willie Desjardins and Jayson Megna for exhibit A.

6 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

i think hes played his last game for canucks

His value couldn't be any lower than right now so I feel like we should showcase him a bit until the next TDL (if his body doesn't break in half) and trade him for something of value.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is B Sutter actually on the team?

say if Canucks had won the Stanley cup since Sutter has been signed by the Canucks would Sutter have enough games in a season to even get his name on the cup as a player of the Canucks.

i haven’t the stats right now but I would think he would not be able to get his name engraved.

hes hurt way to much it’s time Vancouver parts ways with him. As he’s not really on the team.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

To clarify my previous post... I was only referring to Sutter and Tanev. I would be really shocked if  either Pouliot or Spooner were still on the team at the start of next season. It would be nice if Eriksson was moved before then but think that is a 50/50 proposition. As for Sutter and Tanev It might make more sense to play them at the start of next season and hope they can stay healthy and injury free long enough to improve their value then trade them mid fall or early winter and at the latest, the TDL

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

To clarify my previous post... I was only referring to Sutter and Tanev. I would be really shocked if  either Pouliot or Spooner were still on the team at the start of next season. It would be nice if Eriksson was moved before then but think that is a 50/50 proposition. As for Sutter and Tanev It might make more sense to play them at the start of next season and hope they can stay healthy and injury free long enough to improve their value then trade them mid fall or early winter and at the latest, the TDL

Totally agree here.  Sutter and Tanev need to be traded when their value is at their highest, so we can get back draft picks.  

I wish Sutter could have stayed healthy. We would have seen better offensive numbers from Horvat if he did.

Let's see how much Gaudette can improve over the summer. Perhaps, Gaunce can make a push back on to the team. Sutter still has his third line center position until someone pushes him out or until get gets injured lol. Either way, our third line probably wouldn't be a strength for us next season. I'm okay with that for now as long as we can improve the defense.

• Upvote 2

I am really hoping that Adam Gaudette is able to get the proper training regime going in the off season and comes into camp as a faster, stronger and better skating version of his former self. I would also really like to see him make a big push for that 3rd line Center spot and force JB to make room for him there.

As for the defence; the addition of Quinn Hughes will certainly help but another quality D-man plus the addition of Juolevi later on in the season should improve the D some. A lot depends on what JB does in an attempt to address the deficiencies that showed their ugly face last year.

Tanev may be moved but JB will need to either sign or trade for a quality D-man that can play as good a game if not better than Tanev and hopefully be a lot more durable as well

19 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am really hoping that Adam Gaudette is able to get the proper training regime going in the off season and comes into camp as a faster, stronger and better skating version of his former self. I would also really like to see him make a big push for that 3rd line Center spot and force JB to make room for him there.

As for the defence; the addition of Quinn Hughes will certainly help but another quality D-man plus the addition of Juolevi later on in the season should improve the D some. A lot depends on what JB does in an attempt to address the deficiencies that showed their ugly face last year.

Tanev may be moved but JB will need to either sign or trade for a quality D-man that can play as good a game if not better than Tanev and hopefully be a lot more durable as well

Well Kootenay I want both Edler and Schenn resigned. Hughes will be playing a top 4 role. 

Edler-Hughes

Hutton-Stecher

Rookie-Schenn

* Tanev is not in the long term plans so play him until a hockey deal can be made. Tanev has value and if that means playing him to the TDL or his next injury so be it. 

* Use the d-depth to rotate some prospects thru as injury replacement and as development. Yes Biega and Poulliot have to go. Joulevi, Rafferty, Brisbois, Sautner, Teves, and maybe Chatfield are enough depth to cover injuries. 

I am not to worried about signing a UFA d-man unless it is a hell of a signing. While I think the Canucks will make playoffs next year I also think they are at least 3 years away from serious contention in CUP play. Next year is again a development and evaluation process. The existing roster and existing prospect pool is no where close to having the talent yet. I want more than a regular season competent team. I want a serious CUP contender.    

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Well Kootenay I want both Edler and Schenn resigned. Hughes will be playing a top 4 role. 

Edler-Hughes

Hutton-Stecher

Rookie-Schenn

* Tanev is not in the long term plans so play him until a hockey deal can be made. Tanev has value and if that means playing him to the TDL or his next injury so be it. 

* Use the d-depth to rotate some prospects thru as injury replacement and as development. Yes Biega and Poulliot have to go. Joulevi, Rafferty, Brisbois, Sautner, Teves, and maybe Chatfield are enough depth to cover injuries. 

I am not to worried about signing a UFA d-man unless it is a hell of a signing. While I think the Canucks will make playoffs next year I also think they are at least 3 years away from serious contention in CUP play. Next year is again a development and evaluation process. The existing roster and existing prospect pool is no where close to having the talent yet. I want more than a regular season competent team. I want a serious CUP contender.    

If Hutton and Stecher is our 2nd pairing D next year this team will again  be a bottom feeder. 

They need a total overall of this D as it has shown consistently it is outmatched.

Hutton and Stecher as a 3rd pairing D would be ok. It would mean, hopefully, we actually have better D in the top 4.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Edler-Hughes

Hutton-Stecher

Rookie-Schenn

I am hoping that both Juolevi and Rafferty surprise at camp and make their way onto the team but JB may still opt to sign a veteran D man esp. RD if he moves Tanev over the off season, If Tanev is still around at training camp signing a UFA D-man is less likely IMO.

Was going to drop in and visit as I was in town last week but it did not appear that anyone was around. Will be back down your way in another week or so and may stop in then.

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He could add leadership skills to Calgary. Plus are't the Sutters big there? 

2nd and a prospect retain 50%

Calgary doesn't really need a match up centre. Which is unfortunate as I'd gladly take one of their D prospects.

But Edmonton does...

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am hoping that both Juolevi and Rafferty surprise at camp and make their way onto the team but JB may still opt to sign a veteran D man esp. RD if he moves Tanev over the off season, If Tanev is still around at training camp signing a UFA D-man is less likely IMO.

Was going to drop in and visit as I was in town last week but it did not appear that anyone was around. Will be back down your way in another week or so and may stop in then.

Sign Stralman, trade cheap for Ceci, move Tanev (recovering assets spent on Ceci) please.