The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brandon Sutter | #20 | C

-SN-

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Butters Stoch said:

What kind of sweetener would we have to throw in to get rid of a 4.3mil 3rd liner who's always injured?

Whatever it is, it needs to be done. To the East. The East would be better for Sutter. His body cannot take the rigours of the West and the extensive travel. Guy needs rest more than most.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Whatever it is, it needs to be done. To the East. The East would be better for Sutter. His body cannot take the rigours of the West and the expensive travel. Guy needs rest more than most.

Is Robidas Island in the east?  Could Sutter take Loui E with him? 

I find that people forget how good Sutter is while he's out. He's a very smart player and I firmly believe his offensive skills are vastly underrated. He won't put up 50 points, but watch his game closely and you can see how he was a 21-goal scorer twice. I another universe where Sutter was played in an offensive role, I think he could comfortably put up 40-50 points on our second line.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I find that people forget how good Sutter is while he's out. He's a very smart player and I firmly believe his offensive skills are vastly underrated. He won't put up 50 points, but watch his game closely and you can see how he was a 21-goal scorer twice. I another universe where Sutter was played in an offensive role, I think he could comfortably put up 40-50 points on our second line.

On your second point, I think you could easily rotate Sutter and Erikson on that wing for the second and fourth line, without missing a beat.  They both can play the same role, as Beagle takes the faceoffs anyways for the 4th line.  This could jump start the 2nd line if it slows down in production in the future.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...