The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden Vey | #7 | RW

-SN-

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Despite all the hate Vey got/gets (and Benning as well for trading a pick for him), he's a half decent hockey player who was going through a hell of an f'd up family situation while he was here. It wasn't the throw away of a pick some here make it out to be.

I never disliked Vey when he was here. He was an offensive player and if he needed success he needs to be a productive top 6 scorers. His got the skill but he is physically capable of utilizing his skills at the NHL level. I also understand why Willie was giving him all the offensive chances (e.g. on the PP, on scoring lines etc.) to try and get him going. Because Vey is not an effective bottom-6 player, he is the top-6 or bust kind of guy. Unfortunately he never worked out for us and also because what was going on with his family, I wished him nothing but the best when he left the organization. Glad to know he is doing well at the KHL, and hope he can find some success in his career playing a game he likes. I still don't understand what Willie saw in Megna or Chaput, these guys clearly aren't scorers or skill forwards at all and they are at best they are 4th line checkers on a lack of depth NHL team. Giving Megna and Chaput top 6 minutes along side of either the Sedins or Horvat was a joke.

40 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Despite all the hate Vey got/gets (and Benning as well for trading a pick for him), he's a half decent hockey player who was going through a hell of an f'd up family situation while he was here. It wasn't the throw away of a pick some here make it out to be.

24 points in his first season with a .32ppg was not at all bad for a rookie.

Canucks fans just have completely unrealistic expectations. (for the most part)

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2017 at 1:24 PM, Whorvat said:

24 points in his first season with a .32ppg was not at all bad for a rookie.

Canucks fans just have completely unrealistic expectations. (for the most part)

His point per game stats were even higher his second season, and I thought he played quite well filling in when we had a lot of injuries. 

He is a very skilled player. Skilled enough to play in the NHL but his skill doesn't make up for his other weaknesses. KHL looks like a great fit for him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Vey is lighting it up in the KHL. well over a PPG so far. Good to see him continue his hockey career. His teammate, ex nhler Nigel Dawes has 30g in 33 gp....wow!

I am sure an nhl team will make Vey a contract offer in the summer if he keeps up the good play and of course he wants to return. He is only 26

3 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Vey is lighting it up in the KHL. well over a PPG so far. Good to see him continue his hockey career. His teammate, ex nhler Nigel Dawes has 30g in 33 gp....wow!

I am sure an nhl team will make Vey a contract offer in the summer if he keeps up the good play and of course he wants to return. He is only 26

Vey is a great guy, and it’s nice hearing he’s succeeding over there.  I don’t think he should come back to the NHL though.  There is clearly a big difference between the two leagues.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vey is a great guy, and it’s nice hearing he’s succeeding over there.  I don’t think he should come back to the NHL though.  There is clearly a big difference between the two leagues.

Well I think we all knew the NHL was the Elite hockey league in the world.

None the less, if he gets an nhl offer why not give it a go, he will get paid on time here and probably get paid more I would think

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i always like vey's energy while with the canucks. he wasn't scoring but played an up tempo game. 

Saw flashes of his skill no doubt, can't remember exactly but he had some off ice tragedy I believe to a family member that must have messed him up and taken his focus away from the game. I could be thinking of a different player but I want to say that it was Vey.

All in all it is nice to see him succeeding and playing hockey. Doubtful we would ever look at giving him an offer though

59 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Saw flashes of his skill no doubt, can't remember exactly but he had some off ice tragedy I believe to a family member that must have messed him up and taken his focus away from the game. I could be thinking of a different player but I want to say that it was Vey.

All in all it is nice to see him succeeding and playing hockey. Doubtful we would ever look at giving him an offer though

his father was charged with attempting to murder his wife, linden's mother. can't imagine what he was going through. 

10 minutes ago, combover said:

Philip Larsen was good in the KHL to not even close in the nhl vey is/was the same. 

good for linden he found some success but he wasn’t worth the pick we gave up to get him.

it was a gamble and benning lost.

disagree

getting 2 seasons out of a 2nd round pick is average success actually

go review the stats on 2nd round picks

nothing wrong with the vey acquisition in terms of games played

30 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

disagree

getting 2 seasons out of a 2nd round pick is average success actually

go review the stats on 2nd round picks

nothing wrong with the vey acquisition in terms of games played

Yeah I disagree 

So we should be happy we got 1 season and bit  out of tryamkin? Demko needs to play two seasons and he’s a good pick? 

Wow the never ending rebuild if you only get 2 seasons out of a 2nd rounder. 

I’ve read on here that 4th rounder and up never pan out because they often get tossed in now it 2nds only need to be in the league for 2seasons 

I guess its all first rounders in the league.

It was a bad gamble benning was wrong, hate to be the barer of bad new but he has made mistakes.

Edited by combover

4 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah I disagree 

So we should be happy we got 1 season and bit  out of tryamkin? Demko needs to play two seasons and he’s a good pick? 

Wow the never ending rebuild if you only get 2 seasons out of a 2nd rounder. 

I’ve read on here that 4th rounder and up never pan out because they often get tossed in now it 2nds only need to be in the league for 2seasons 

I guess its all first rounders in the league.

It was a bad gamble benning was wrong, hate to be the barer of bad new but he has made mistakes.

believe what you wish

each team drafts 7 players a year (unless they alter that)

if all made it the team would have to deal with 21 new players every 3 years (a complete team turnover effectively)

most do not make it

so yeah, the stats show 2 years for a 2nd round pick is not bad..

it's ok if you do not like the stats though

but a bit strange to then knock jb for basically getting average return for that pick

but maybe you just don't like jb

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Linden Vey | #7 | RW
  • 1 month later...

He just signed with Zurich in NLA (Swiss league), former team of Crawford (the coach) and Auston Matthews.

So, no so bad, swiss life quality, way less travel time in a good league where he will have a big role and a big pay (around 700'000-800'000.- I assume).