The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

1 hour ago, Zhukini said:

12 minutes last night. About the equivalent of 7 minutes for a forward. 

Interesting to note that Green hasn't been upping his minutes even with the Tanev and Edler injuries. He'd rather play Hutty and Stech for 27-30 minutes than give Guddy 18-20 minutes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Interesting to note that Green hasn't been upping his minutes even with the Tanev and Edler injuries. He'd rather play Hutty and Stech for 27-30 minutes than give Guddy 18-20 minutes.

Not really that surprising as both Stetcher and Hutton are much better at defending against the rush than Guddy is.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

We know JB tried to trade Guddy last year. I wonder if his diminishing ice time is indicating they will in fact again try to trade Guddy if the opportunity arises.

1 minute ago, CanuckleHorse said:

So you don’t like our D-men and you don’t like our forwards must be very hard to watch the games.

When EP40 isn't on the ice, absolutely.

We already weren't a very deep team. Our two top players at our weakest position (D) are injured. Our best LW is also injured. It's slim pickings out there.

1 minute ago, CanuckleHorse said:

So you like one player on the roster?

What the hell are you talking about?

The team is currently not a good team, with very few high-end players. Especially at D, with our top pairing out. Your initial response was to question the coaching. I was merely pointing out that was asinine.

As to where you are expecting to go with this nonsense...sorry, not interested.

• Upvote 1

Have to agree that he's had a dreadful season but the +/- isn't the only thing we should pay attention to. Pouliot is an even 0 but he's been horrible and arguably cost us games and points on the standings at times.

You're only as good as your 6th defenceman and if that's Gudbranson in 2-3 years time, that's a pretty good team.

I think his value will really be known when we have Juolevi and Hughes draw into the defence. We lack a physical defenceman now and will certainly need some beef when those kids draw in, and Edler, Tanev and Stecher are certainly not physical enough to clear the front of the net. I think Gudbranson would really shine in the playoffs too.

Edler - Stecher

Juolevi - Tanev

Hughes - Gudbranson

Hutton

This could be our defence in a couple of seasons time and would be perfectly balanced. 

• Wat 1

11 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

D0BRahqWkAEUSHT?format=jpg&name=large

Good luck trading "Guddy", he is the leader in the clubhouse, going for that Green Jacket.

How much are those "intangibles" worth to other NHL teams. Guess we will find out soon.

I guess the same would apply to the other players on your Green Jacket leaderboard. Including Doughty. So you also believe that Doughty is untradeable? Try not to strain anything when you move your goalposts.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

D0BRahqWkAEUSHT?format=jpg&name=large

Good luck trading "Guddy", he is the leader in the clubhouse, going for that Green Jacket.

How much are those "intangibles" worth to other NHL teams. Guess we will find out soon.

Well it seems that there's a rumour around that TB wants Ristolainen. EG and RR's value seems 'on a par', so maybe we'll get to find out EG's value.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Have to agree that he's had a dreadful season but the +/- isn't the only thing we should pay attention to. Pouliot is an even 0 but he's been horrible and arguably cost us games and points on the standings at times.

You're only as good as your 6th defenceman and if that's Gudbranson in 2-3 years time, that's a pretty good team.

I think his value will really be known when we have Juolevi and Hughes draw into the defence. We lack a physical defenceman now and will certainly need some beef when those kids draw in, and Edler, Tanev and Stecher are certainly not physical enough to clear the front of the net. I think Gudbranson would really shine in the playoffs too.

Edler - Stecher

Juolevi - Tanev

Hughes - Gudbranson

Hutton

This could be our defence in a couple of seasons time and would be perfectly balanced. 

2-3 years time?  Green has him as our #5 right now (and he gets that ranking based on average TOI by default as the alternates are pretty bad).  His ice time hasn’t changed significantly when our top two guys are out.  Being physical doesn’t mean much if you bleed goals against.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan