The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

8 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

You do know Pedan is a defender right Alfy ?    Agreed Pedan is a beast and will get some games but I dont think many.

Pedan played on the 4th line a few times last season.  WD likes the flexability of having a guy that can play on the W or D.  Probably the only way Pedan makes the team in the upcoming season.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

On CDC, absolutely!  :P

ps. careful what you suggest here.  I hear JB scouts this board for trade ideas. B)

I've often wondered in seriousness if the Canucks wouldn't have someone just silently perusing these boards to get a sense of fanbase reaction and/or approval rating to specific moves and in general.

I don't think CDC fairly represents the entire fanbase, but it may be as good a representation as exists.

19 minutes ago, nzan said:

I've often wondered in seriousness if the Canucks wouldn't have someone just silently perusing these boards to get a sense of fanbase reaction and/or approval rating to specific moves and in general.

I don't think CDC fairly represents the entire fanbase, but it may be as good a representation as exists.

CDC is part of the greater Canucks.com, so who knows?

2 hours ago, nzan said:

Knowing some of the posters here, I hope not.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ILL BILL NECRO said:

Yakupov for Horvat! Make it happen JB! Cause thats how it works right?

Oh man, you are terrible at spelling! It's M-C-D-A-V-I-D. You got his spelling completely wrong. The way you spelled McDavid, it sounds like you are referring to some underachieving Russian player. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Laoag said:

I've got no clue how to quote a Twitter post bud don cherry was blasting Florida for trading gudbranson. He said there's no way dale talon had anything to do with that.

1. 41 retweets102 likesReply

Retweet

Li

More

2) Now, all the changes, Why? Nobody understands it. Rest assured Dale had nothing to do with Gudbranson going to Vancouver.

21 retweets44 likes

Retweet

More
Edited by chon derry

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:55 PM, nzan said:

It certainly does not represent the fanbase, like how the radio callers don't either.  Message boards are one place people feel their voice can be heard.  Most of the time however, some one looking to have their voice heard is some one who has a problem with what is going on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wshdrvvn said:

It certainly does not represent the fanbase, like how the radio callers don't either.  Message boards are one place people feel their voice can be heard.  Most of the time however, some one looking to have their voice heard is some one who has a problem with what is going on.

I think the general 'timbre' of discontent may be similar between cdc and the general fanbase. I just think the overall connectedness and intelligence of cdc far outweighs the general.

obviously there are a huge percentage of us who are complete naysaying idiots...but there is also a pretty good percentage of cdcers who are extremely knowledgeable.

3 minutes ago, nzan said:

I think the general 'timbre' of discontent may be similar between cdc and the general fanbase. I just think the overall connectedness and intelligence of cdc far outweighs the general.

obviously there are a huge percentage of us who are complete naysaying idiots...but there is also a pretty good percentage of cdcers who are extremely knowledgeable.

Absolutely.  I think though, "connectedness" is what separates CDC from your average fan more than being an overall knowledgeable fan. 

For the most part, of course.  I'm generalizing slightly to move the narrative forward.  There are tons of smart hockey fans who aren't completely controlled by their emotions in the moment on here.

• Upvote 1

I think it's time for Tallon to go to another team. Benning for Tallon anybody?

Who is going to replace Gudbranson/Kulikov on Florida? I imagine Psysk takes Gudbransons spot? Matheson Kulikov's? That's a pretty bold move. 

Edited by Brobidus

45 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

Who is going to replace Gudbranson/Kulikov on Florida? I imagine Psysk takes Gudbransons spot? Matheson Kulikov's? That's a pretty bold move. 

Pysyk and Yandle in. Gudbranson and Kulikov out. They also have the money to keep Campbell now I think. They have two very good young D in Matheson and McCoshen.

Although I think the Canucks won that trade I can understand why the Panthers pursued it.

On 6/25/2016 at 4:17 PM, Odd. said:

A left-handed Juolevi and a right-handed Gudbranson.

A PMD/QB offensive d-man and a tough, reliable defensive defenseman.

Future pairing? I think they could make some good chemistry. Despite Juolevi's age, he's the kind of player to make his partner and the players on the ice better.

I think Juolevi would be great with Gudbranson, but Hutton shoots left too. That bodes well for us. Juolevi wants to make it out of camp, so we'll see what happens. He'll probably go back to Junior for more seasoning, as he just won a Memorial Cup after turning 18. 

So happy we have Gudbranson. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2016 at 1:29 AM, Brobidus said:

I think Yandle and Demers will fill their shoes admirably.