The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

10 hours ago, westcoastsniper said:

Guddy was a great physical presence tonight.

Canucks winning record with him is higher. Combine him with Edler, when Edler wants to be mean, and you have a much tougher d-core. How many times do you have to see opposing forwards back off before the appreciation level starts climbing? 

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Canucks winning record with him is higher. Combine him with Edler, when Edler wants to be mean, and you have a much tougher d-core. How many times do you have to see opposing forwards back off before the appreciation level starts climbing? 

Exactly. When it's forwards the size of Lucic, Kassian, and Brodziak backing off.....

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Guddy's physical presence is very much appreciated on this team, but he's as slow as a turtle moving through molasses sometimes compared to opposing forwards.

Exactly. 

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Notice how little Petterson was harassed in the game.

This is a great point. I even noticed Petey crosscheck somebody in the numbers which made me smile. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Notice how little Petterson was harassed in the game.

Instead Lucic, the big tough guy, was plastering all 5'9" of Motte into the boards trying to kill him.

Lucic does like to hit little guys. And he can barely skate!! Good god he looks like he is going backwards sometimes. Thank god we got Loui and Lucic passed on the Canucks.

I hate that guy!!

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Instead Lucic, the big tough guy, was platering all 5'9" of Motte into the boards trying to kill him.

Lucic does like to hit little guys. And he can barely skate!! Good god he looks like he is going backwards sometimes. Thank god we got Loui and Lucic passed on the Canucks.

I hate that guy!!

Exactly. I hope Motte was okay after that hit. Lucic didn't seem to eager to go after Gudbranson though.

Loui looks way better than Lucic these days, that's for sure.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Instead Lucic, the big tough guy, was plastering all 5'9" of Motte into the boards trying to kill him.

I hate that guy!!

For the record, I wish we had not tried to sign either of them. (I quietly grumbled at the signing at the time lol) That being said, I do realise why Loui's here, just that term....

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I loved the McCann trade. Rumoured locker room cancer for a big strong stay at home D who is a leader. Also having a good year after signing a good contract. 

What's your take on the situation before the 2nd goal against in last night game against the Bolts?

Here is my take:

Some D are able to read plays, the stretch pass to the blueline which caught Guddy out of position.

Some D are not able to read plays like the stretch pass.

Here is the question: In which category belongs Guddy?

Do you have an explanation why  he was - 4  last night ?

Hmm, if an opposing player had come in as second man and thrown that gut punch Guddy did, I know what we would be saying. That's not how you play with heart, he has never responded by himself to questionable hits on Canucks player like Jake did last night. Losing a lot respect for him after that play.

45 minutes ago, J-P said:

Hmm, if an opposing player had come in as second man and thrown that gut punch Guddy did, I know what we would be saying. That's not how you play with heart, he has never responded by himself to questionable hits on Canucks player like Jake did last night. Losing a lot respect for him after that play.

What did Jake do that Guddy didn't? They both took shots at Martel which I am entirely fine with. I blame the refs for not handling the game better. The last incident (with Pettersson) I did blame Guddy but this game his response was fine. He didn't even take a penalty (which just shows you how much these refs sucked last night).

Also quite frankly I would rather not see Virtanen get into too many fights either considering his past shoulder troubles. Guddy will be doing most of the cleanup duties in the future and I think he did an admirable job last night under the circumstances. The message was clear if you cheapshot our guys we will do the same to yours.

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, J-P said:

So you feel that Guddy does not play with heart, and does not respond to questionable hits on his teammates. And when he does, you are "losing a lot of respect for him" because of it. Wow, thanks for sharing. Got some more good stuff about how crappy Jake played too?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

So you feel that Guddy does not play with heart, and does not respond to questionable hits on his teammates. And when he does, you are "losing a lot of respect for him" because of it. Wow, thanks for sharing. Got some more good stuff about how crappy Jake played too?

Jake played a really good game overall, and nice to see him stand up for his teammate.

I would have liked Guddy to step up by himself when EP or Baertschi got knocked out, or when Reeves took out Edler, not going in as the second player yesterday when Jake already was giving it to the Tampa player. If he had gone after him later on by himself, fine, but he was quite the rest of the game, as he has been pretty much on every occasion.

Not going to lie, as an angry and passionate Canuck fan, I loved seeing Guddy's cheap shot punch last night.

That said, the more rational side of me knows that it was unfair and not the kind of thing I like seeing. Still, the refs completely lost control of that game after not giving Martel more than 2 minutes.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Toews said:

What did Jake do that Guddy didn't? They both took shots at Martel which I am entirely fine with. I blame the refs for not handling the game better. The last incident (with Pettersson) I did blame Guddy but this game his response was fine. He didn't even take a penalty (which just shows you how much these refs sucked last night).

Also quite frankly I would rather not see Virtanen get into too many fights either considering his past shoulder troubles. Guddy will be doing most of the cleanup duties in the future and I think he did an admirable job last night under the circumstances. The message was clear if you cheapshot our guys we will do the same to yours.

Jake came over the top with a few pretty serious shots. I would think he was the one who drew blood. Jake's shoulder problem is a couple of years old now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2