The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

I think Yandle and Demers will fill their shoes admirably.

I have to ask why Chirelli didn't sign Demers as a FA if he good enough, they have the space and are desperate for D. I don't know what Demers is really like so I think he's more of a  gamble that some might think

5 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I have to ask why Chirelli didn't sign Demers as a FA if he good enough, they have the space and are desperate for D. I don't know what Demers is really like so I think he's more of a  gamble that some might think

What if Demers didn't want to go to Edmonton?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

What if Demers didn't want to go to Edmonton?

This isn't kindergarten these guys are Pro's they go where ever they get their money :rolleyes: It's only the odd "star" player that can pull the geographical preference. Demers was born in Duval...North of Mtl  (  shovelling the drive way is not a foreign concept )and this is his 3 team since he joined the league...he's 28

10 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

This isn't kindergarten these guys are Pro's they go where ever they get their money :rolleyes: It's only the odd "star" player that can pull the geographical preference. Demers was born in Duval...North of Mtl  (  shovelling the drive way is not a foreign concept )and this is his 3 team since he joined the league...he's 28

Ok, and? Florida has no state income tax. It's also in the same time zone as Montreal and the Panthers have actually made the playoffs once in the last 9 years. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Ok, and? Florida has no state income tax. It's also in the same time zone as Montreal and the Panthers have actually made the playoffs once in the last 9 years. :rolleyes:

Time zone ...he wants to play in the same time zone :lol: He's spent his entire Pro career on either mountain or western time zone ...I think he's figured it out ::D

5 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Time zone ...he wants to play in the same time zone :lol: He's spent his entire Pro career on either mountain or western time zone ...I think he's figured it out ::D

Really? Out of everything I said, you pulled out time zone? lol you a funny dude

On 7/15/2016 at 3:10 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah but, Don's only been in hockey for half a century!

He knows nothing about analytics or shot suppression ratio trajectories or defensive zone biometric parameter compulsions! All he brings is a wealth of experience and knowledge....

Sooner or later, they're going to have to calculate the quantum half-spin of a specific players atomic structure in order to optimize the performance of said player.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

Sooner or later, they're going to have to calculate the quantum half-spin of a specific players atomic structure in order to optimize the performance of said player.

Absolutely. And upon determining said quantum half spin, it's seems only prudent to also consider all lateral cross angles when calculating the trajectorial inertia evident during polar propulsion........Floyyyvinnn!

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2016 at 1:21 AM, Toews said:

Pysyk and Yandle in. Gudbranson and Kulikov out. They also have the money to keep Campbell now I think. They have two very good young D in Matheson and McCoshen.

Although I think the Canucks won that trade I can understand why the Panthers pursued it.

I find it puzzling that a contending team would trade away a dman like Guds.  He's just the kind of guy a playoff team needs in those intense, competitive games.  The guy is a minute munching stud, that won't allow anyone to park in front of the net.

Bringing in young dman (Matheson/McCoshen) can be quite an adventure in these kind of games.  High risk, high reward perhaps.

Demers and Yandle are more of your offensive type dmen;  more goals for/more goals against.

Pysyk is still young and no SC experience, although he appears to have decent upside.  Still, more of an offensive dman.

I suppose it is cap related, or maybe a expansion draft protection issue.  We will see if it was a good choice in the upcoming years of SC playoffs, I suppose.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I find it puzzling that a contending team would trade away a dman like Guds.  He's just the kind of guy a playoff team needs in those intense, competitive games.  The guy is a minute munching stud, that won't allow anyone to park in front of the net.

Bringing in young dman (Matheson/McCoshen) can be quite an adventure in these kind of games.  High risk, high reward perhaps.

Demers and Yandle are more of your offensive type dmen;  more goals for/more goals against.

Pysyk is still young and no SC experience, although he appears to have decent upside.  Still, more of an offensive dman.

I suppose it is cap related, or maybe a expansion draft protection issue.  We will see if it was a good choice in the upcoming years of SC playoffs, I suppose.

Analytics!

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Absolutely. And upon determining said quantum half spin, it's seems only prudent to also consider all lateral cross angles when calculating the trajectorial inertia evident during polar propulsion........Floyyyvinnn!

Once THAT is complete, they must complete shift their focus onto positron-antineutrino interactions amongst the hockey skates of players. Achieving this can only be done through the LHC. Upon completion, these hockey skates must be exposed to uranium-235, as to complete irradiate any bacteria that survived the experimentation. Finally, the skates are given to the player, who must perform a blood sacrifice of 5 Marchand's noses, or an object of equal mass. Since the only known object that could theoretically match such a immense weight is a supermassive black hole, the player will have to create a Alcubierre Drive to gain access to such unimagineable density. The amount of tachyons needed alone would take years to calculate.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

Or the fact that Florida is a playoff team???

Naw  .... :lol:   Oilers have as much chance to make the play-offs as Florida  IMO. It's my opinion that you're going to see a different Oilers team this year

4 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Naw  .... :lol:   Oilers have as much chance to make the play-offs as Florida  IMO. It's my opinion that you're going to see a different Oilers team this year

Really? Even though it's reasonable for their GA to come down, I can't see their GF totals going up too much. 

On July 20, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Fred65 said:

People have been saying the oilers are primed to make the playoffs for the past 5 or 6 years.... I'll believe it when I see it. 

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:34 AM, thejazz97 said:

Really? Even though it's reasonable for their GA to come down, I can't see their GF totals going up too much. 

McDavid healthy & Pool party could easily combine to make up for Hall / lift Goals for?

• 3 weeks later...
On July 15, 2016 at 6:10 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah but, Don's only been in hockey for half a century!

He knows nothing about analytics or shot suppression ratio trajectories or defensive zone biometric parameter compulsions! All he brings is a wealth of experience and knowledge....

What's experience and knowledge in the "New NHL" where 27 old guys are GM's.  

Soon the GM's will just download an app for trading/ 

drafting etc... ;)

Grapes was playing pro hockey before he knew how to read...

Still smarter than anyone on this board when it comes to the game. ;)