The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

If we keep all our RFAs (without UFAs Biega & Sanguinetti), this is our NHL/AHL depth chart:

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Clendening

Sbisa - Bieksa

Stanton - Weber

Pedan - Corrado

Hutton - Subban

Andersson -

McEneny -

Cederholm -

Sautner -

Some serious logjam on the left side - I wouldn't mind seeing someone getting flipped for an RHD of similar stature

EDIT: forgot our recent acquisition of Sautner

With that massive log jam

Will we even bother drafting a D man this year at all?

Guest Dasein

Well it's going to be BPA so we'll see right

Juulsen as a RHD would be great. I was very impressed by him at the game last friday. if we get a late second or early 3rd via trade i'd be down to grab him for sure.

Juulsen as a RHD would be great. I was very impressed by him at the game last friday. if we get a late second or early 3rd via trade i'd be down to grab him for sure.

If there is a d-man from the Tips I hope we get it's Davis.

He's a much better bet to be an NHLer than Juulsen IMHO.

Im on the Juulsen train as well...

so steady the guy. I would imagine his solid play may shoot him up in the early 2nd round.

If there is a d-man from the Tips I hope we get it's Davis.

He's a much better bet to be an NHLer than Juulsen IMHO.

how do you figure? he's smaller, with less than half as many points, only an even +/- instead of a +19, and didn't impress me at all when i saw them play this past friday. I know one live game definitely doesn't make a season, so it may have been an off night, but from everything I've read, coupled with that personal experience, I don't see how he'd be the better bet.

Edited by avelanch

how do you figure?

Davis has that Pysyk-esque quality… he's a smart defender who makes the right play all of the time. Totally calm and collected. He isn't a dynamic offensive guy but his numbers and production will be much better next year I'd guess.

Juulsen reminds me more of a Kichton type. Good junior player and will contribute at the AHL level but there are serious holes in his skill set for me. Kevin Davis OTOH has a game that will translate much easier.

Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised that you're correct that Juulsen goes first in the draft…. but there would be other d-men I'd take long before him especially if you are talking the late 2nd-early 3rd as you suggest. Davis would be a good grab later.

Davis has that Pysyk-esque quality… he's a smart defender who makes the right play all of the time. Totally calm and collected. He isn't a dynamic offensive guy but his numbers and production will be much better next year I'd guess.

Juulsen reminds me more of a Kichton type. Good junior player and will contribute at the AHL level but there are serious holes in his skill set for me. Kevin Davis OTOH has a game that will translate much easier.

Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised that you're correct that Juulsen goes first in the draft…. but there would be other d-men I'd take long before him especially if you are talking the late 2nd-early 3rd as you suggest. Davis would be a good grab later.

davis would be a solid 5th.

If we keep all our RFAs (without UFAs Biega & Sanguinetti), this is our NHL/AHL depth chart:

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Clendening

Sbisa - Bieksa

Stanton - Weber

Pedan - Corrado

Hutton - Subban

Andersson -

McEneny -

Cederholm -

Sautner -

Some serious logjam on the left side - I wouldn't mind seeing someone getting flipped for an RHD of similar stature

EDIT: forgot our recent acquisition of Sautner

That left side depth though, damn.

So stoked to see him signed though!

I'm actually really excited he signed. With that interview the other day, it kind of looked like he wanted to stay for that final year.

We all know he's got offensive potential, but I hope he can learn good D with Green sooner rather than later so he is given more of an offensive role in Utica in the coming years.

^^^^ So that means they gave him a practice today?

Edit: or is that a stock photo from prospects camp?

i think that's from a summer camp?

I think so as well.

EDIT: particularly since they were wearing the Millionaires stuff at practice today.

Edited by elvis15