The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

Hutton's probably been reined in a bit, just from that goal he scored and the few other times I have seen him, he does like to roam way more than most coaches would like.

With his skating ability they have to give him some rope to work with for his game to blossom...all the same.

Now we just need to get Subban and McNally signed and let them all fight it out on the Comets for head PMD.

Um Baerstchi pretty much has to be in the line up or guess what, we just wasted a 2nd rounder on a ufa, and Clendenning is in the same boat.

Time to wave a good bye to Bieksa in the off-season. I know it will be hard for many of the Canucks' fans to do this.

We won't be saying goodbye to Bieksa that is for sure. What makes you think any of the new guys can push the core out. It won't be Clendening yet given his displays so far.

About the Bieksa re-signing ( i know not the right thread ) but Juice will retire a Canuck. He has made his money over the years, to him now he just wants to go to the rink to have fun. He doesn't want to play anywhere else.Vancouver is his home. I see him ( if wanting to stay here a few more years ) taking a big pay cut to try one last shot at winning with the Sedins. After next year I see a 2 year 2 million per type contract.

There's a really good chance that Bieksa retires as a Canuck. When he's out, we miss his physical presence. As much as fans like to go after him, (I guess we always need one that we can pick on) we're a better team when he's in the lineup.

Would be completely okay seeing him resign a contract that takes him to end of his career and mentor some of the guys coming up. We need someone to show these kids how to fight and how to be a physical force.

Pedan, Tryamkin and Cederholm are the only really physical guys that we have in the defensive pipeline right now. We need someone to instill a little more physicality into the other guys coming up.

If I had my way, I'd actually keep Bieksa over Edler. Todays transactions, with Bieksa point that he is on the way out the door. But Im not big Alex Edler fan. For a guy that gets talked about as the workhorse out of our team and Tanev needs to basically babysit him. Theres no denying what Bieksa has done for this team, ring of honor material defintely, fan favorite but theres no reason to keep him since theres youth coming up, and similar players in the same team. But id rather keep him over Edler. Alex Edler is very overrated and people are holding on to the potential that doesn't seem to look like its coming anytime soon

Utica plays three days in a row starting friday, I'm guessing Green will rotate the lineup a bit. They already clinched the division anyway

Sautner should get into one of those too.

Edited by avelanch

I was a big supporter of bringing over Clendening.

But he has lost roster battles now he was given a chance to win, in no particular order, to TVR, Rundblad, Dahlbeck and now Weber. Weber and Clendening are both RFA & will not command any big money in the off season.No reason not to bring them both back. IMO both will come to camp, and one will win the job. Clendening has to raise his game or we may very well see Weber back!

Even then Corrado could steal that same job, although he is by my understanding still waiver safe next year.

And I agree Bieksa will at worst play out his contract here.

Weber will get a decent contract dont kid yourself. Hes had a good year. 8 goals and should have had one or two last game against LA

If I had my way, I'd actually keep Bieksa over Edler. Todays transactions, with Bieksa point that he is on the way out the door. But Im not big Alex Edler fan. For a guy that gets talked about as the workhorse out of our team and Tanev needs to basically babysit him. Theres no denying what Bieksa has done for this team, ring of honor material defintely, fan favorite but theres no reason to keep him since theres youth coming up, and similar players in the same team. But id rather keep him over Edler. Alex Edler is very overrated and people are holding on to the potential that doesn't seem to look like its coming anytime soon

I love Juice too, but your man crush is at a creep factor of 10 if you rather have him over Edler. Edler has played like a number 1-2 dman all year.

• Upvote 1

lol.....post of the year right here. Bieksa over Edler...wow

• Upvote 1

I've got a huge man-crush on Juice but this post is beyond ridiculous! :lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

ummm. utica has a full roster of dmen hutton will play a ton in utica next yr if hes not in nhl this kid is gonna be a game breaker

clendenning, corrado, hutton, pedan, subban, sauntner, liberati, mceneny is not a bad d prospect group corrado and clendenning will be in nhl next yr and utica will have a good d unit

• 2 weeks later...