Sign in to follow this  
StealthNuck

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

#13 on TSN ufa list? I actually appreciate the subtleness of Hutton's game more than most but wow.

The longer Ben Hutton stays on the market, the more I suspect the #Canucks are working on a Chris Tanev trade. That would allow Jordie Benn to slide to the right and open up a spot for Hutton to return.

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

The longer Ben Hutton stays on the market, the more I suspect the #Canucks are working on a Chris Tanev trade. That would allow Jordie Benn to slide to the right and open up a spot for Hutton to return.

I'd be JUST FINE with that for a reasonable deal ::D

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Interesting, if true. I wonder if they're able to trade Tanev, maybe in a package for another top 6 forward, that Hutton comes back a more serious player. He's always been a bit goofy and immature. Maybe being left out in the UFA no-man's land for a while will tell his brain that he had a real good thing in VAN and he needs to take his career more seriously. At least with Ben, he doesn't get injured as often or easily as Chris. 

• Upvote 2

He will not be back with the canucks. I will be in the NHL but who know`s which team.

6 minutes ago, Snake Doctor said:

He will not be back with the canucks. I will be in the NHL but who know`s which team.

I was pretty certain he'd be re-signed, but at this rate, unless he signs for an insane steal of a deal, he won't be back with our team. He'll definitely get a job somewhere else though. Love the guy so I hope he succeeds, just not against us :lol:

34 minutes ago, Snake Doctor said:

Which team you signing with? Lol

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Probably all one year deals at 1.5m.

Most UFA contracts were only 1 or 2 years. Now that most teams are maxed out Ben will probably have to take 1y at 1.5 just to have a job.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Probably all one year deals at 1.5m.

Most UFA contracts were only 1 or 2 years. Now that most teams are maxed out Ben will probably have to take 1y at 1.5 just to have a job.

I’m seeing Benn as a PTO.  

I'm kind of shocked that Hutty doesn't have a contract anywhere yet. He's definitely a bottom pairing guy on at least 10 teams I'd say. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'm kind of shocked that Hutty doesn't have a contract anywhere yet. He's definitely a bottom pairing guy on at least 10 teams I'd say. 

Some guys price themselves out of the market....or their bloody agents do. I hate lawyers (agents) as I feel they are a bunch of slimy buggers that contribute nothing to society except their ability to argue!  Anyway...that is a different subject...

Look at what happened to Gardiner. Arguably the best D man available and he had to take up to 2 million less per year on a shorter deal than all the "expert" pundits said he would get.

I agree with you ..... Hutton is a half decent 3rd pairing D on weaker NHL teams. I think he will get a contract and not have to settle for a PTO.

• Upvote 2

So, I would just like to say I like Ben Hutton, and wish him all the best.

I hope he gets an NHL contract soon...……...

But, the fact that no team has signed Hutton to this point...……..

Well, I would just like to give JB a big that a boy, for how he handled this

Imagine if Jim had gone to arbitration with Ben, and Ben was awarded a new contract in the range of 4 Million give or take

Which was what Jim was mostly afraid of...……...imagine that!

Now compare that potential arbitration  award to the contracts recently signed by far better Defenceman than Ben

Charlie McAvoy     3 years @ 4.9 Million per

Zach Werenski      3 years @ 5.0 Million per

Jake Gardiner       4 years @ 4.0 Million per

Will Butcher          3 yaers @  3.7 Million per

I just think that for those people that think JB makes bad contract decisions, they should be the ones that speak up and give him

a pat on the back for walking away from this one...……….

I for one, thought Ben was worth signing...………...at this point I was wrong

That a boy! Jim

• Like 2

At this point, I think it's pretty certain that he's an alumnus. All the best, Hutty! Loved watching you play and hope you do well elsewhere (just not against us).

• Hydration 1

It must be tough for Hutton to have been through 4 really tough years in Vancouver, suffering all the losing that went on with it as he grew with the team; and then as soon as the team got better, he was one of the guys theat we replaced. Not only that, he also has to go to another team in LA who are basically in the same situation as Vancouver a few years ago and he also got to experience first hand in the 8-2 Canucks home opener rout and later a Boeser hat-trick game in LA within the first month with his new team.

3 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

It must be tough for Hutton to have been through 4 really tough years in Vancouver, suffering all the losing that went on with it as he grew with the team; and then as soon as the team got better, he was one of the guys theat we replaced. Not only that, he also has to go to another team in LA who are basically in the same situation as Vancouver a few years ago and he also got to experience first hand in the 8-2 Canucks home opener rout and later a Boeser hat-trick game in LA within the first month with his new team.

It's a tough situation, but for a player like him who wasn't exactly in high demand as UFA, he's probably happy just to have a  job in the NHL.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Hydration 1

he is no longer on the nuck current roster

he was let go in june

that's more then 4 months ago 

can we please move the thread of this former canuck

out of this section

edit:  oops i see now that it is done

did not show up that way for me when i clicked on this thread

sowwweeeeeee

Edited by coastal.view

On 11/2/2019 at 4:07 PM, coastal.view said:

he is no longer on the nuck current roster

he was let go in june

that's more then 4 months ago 

can we please move the thread of this former canuck

out of this section

edit:  oops i see now that it is done

did not show up that way for me when i clicked on this thread

sowwweeeeeee

Once again you're bitching about nothing that matters.

13 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

Once again you're bitching about nothing that matters.

I love the smell of irony in the morning.

Edited by gurn
  • Hydration 1