The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luca Sbisa | #5 | D

-SN-

21 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Sbisa isn't skilled enough offensively to produce any significant amount of offense but when it comes to keeping the puck in the offensive zone he's been doing a real good job at that. I see him having more success at pinching to keep the puck alive than even Hutton has this season so far.

One part of his game I feel is getting overlooked. Tryamkin as well.

I guess we will get a look at his offensive potential with Edler gone for 6 weeks. I agree that he has not finished on decent scoring opportunities but with his skating speed and size he might surprise.  

I hate Sbisa playing on the Canucks.  When I say we're better off getting rid of him I meant it.   If he isn't serving up pizza's to the opposition he's setting his teammates up to be wrecked with absolutely horrible passes and moronic decisions.  The Larsen hit doesn't happen if Sbisa makes the right decision and moves the puck up ice even if it means him taking a hit. 

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I hate Sbisa playing on the Canucks.  When I say we're better off getting rid of him I meant it.   If he isn't serving up pizza's to the opposition he's setting his teammates up to be wrecked with absolutely horrible passes and moronic decisions.  The Larsen hit doesn't happen if Sbisa makes the right decision and moves the puck up ice even if it means him taking a hit. 

I haven't seen the hit, but Sbisa set up Larsen with a poor pass?

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Often the play in this situation is of the glass and out but for all we know, Larsen was calling for the pass. In fact, the way Larsen quickly moved into position to receive the pass seems to confirm that this is a set outlet play that the team uses. Without being on the ice, we just don't know but in general from what I am seeing and hearing, most of the hockey analysts are saying this was a hockey play with an unfortunate result. 

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Often the play in this situation is of the glass and out but for all we know, Larsen was calling for the pass. In fact, the way Larsen quickly moved into position to receive the pass seems to confirm that this is a set outlet play that the team uses. Without being on the ice, we just don't know but in general from what I am seeing and hearing, most of the hockey analysts are saying this was a hockey play with an unfortunate result. 

As you were saying we do not know whether Larsen was calling for the puck or not. Puck possession is another reason to pass to a team mate. Either way Larsen had to look to see what he was up against.

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Blaming Sbisa for Larsen's injury is truly the definition of reaching. I just....ah forget it.

14 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

You're being utterly ridiculous. It is thoroughly clear that the only options for Sbisa on that play were:

1 - shove the puck up the near boards and right into 2 players, then prepare to be vilified here by CDC coaches

2 - attempt a pass to Granlund, right up the middle of the ice mind you, and perhaps turn it over at his own blue line where he would then prepare to be vilified here by CDC coaches

3 - try to flip a rolling puck out towards center with Parenteau, his stick, and the aforementioned same 2 people right in front of him where an unlucky bounce results in a turnover and he is vilified here by CDC coaches

4- pass back to Larsen (who may have called for the pass noticing the situation Sbisa was in) who may not have seen Hall due to his focusing on a rolling puck, the cluttered near boards, and a steaming pile of Parenteau coming right at him, where he proceeds to watch his partner get smoked and awaits to be vilified here by CDC coaches

I guess the guy can't do anything right can he? That was sarcasm. The hate Sbisa already gets is completely absurd, and those who now want to blame him for the Larsen hit are right out to lunch.

43 minutes ago, Green Building said:

You're being utterly ridiculous. It is thoroughly clear that the only options for Sbisa on that play were:

1 - shove the puck up the near boards and right into 2 players, then prepare to be vilified here by CDC coaches

2 - attempt a pass to Granlund, right up the middle of the ice mind you, and perhaps turn it over at his own blue line where he would then prepare to be vilified here by CDC coaches

3 - try to flip a rolling puck out towards center with Parenteau, his stick, and the aforementioned same 2 people right in front of him where an unlucky bounce results in a turnover and he is vilified here by CDC coaches

4- pass back to Larsen (who may have called for the pass noticing the situation Sbisa was in) who may not have seen Hall due to his focusing on a rolling puck, the cluttered near boards, and a steaming pile of Parenteau coming right at him, where he proceeds to watch his partner get smoked and awaits to be vilified here by CDC coaches

I guess the guy can't do anything right can he? That was sarcasm. The hate Sbisa already gets is completely absurd, and those who now want to blame him for the Larsen hit are right out to lunch.

Thank you, Green. You said it beautifully. 

13 hours ago, Green Building said:

The blame is on Larsen for keeping his head down.  I said that play doesn't happen if Sbisa makes the right play.  What happened?  It was a turnover so obviously he made the wrong choice.  And this wasn't an isolated incident.  Game after game he turns the puck over with horrible decisions, ignoring that would be utterly ridiculous. 

36 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

The blame is on Larsen for keeping his head down.  I said that play doesn't happen if Sbisa makes the right play.  What happened?  It was a turnover so obviously he made the wrong choice.  And this wasn't an isolated incident.  Game after game he turns the puck over with horrible decisions, ignoring that would be utterly ridiculous. 

A heads up from an aware goalie (Markstrom) would have helped.  It's really the goalie's job to warn - direct - the d, when the forechecking is coming from.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

A heads up from an aware goalie (Markstrom) would have helped.  It's really the goalie's job to warn - direct - the d, when the forechecking is coming from.  

Just looked at the vid again - Marky was watching the puck too so he wouldn't have seen Hall either and may have expected him to come in front, not go in behind. It was just a weird play. 

13 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Unreal. I know what you said. The only obvious thing is your hatred.    

Sbisa has now played enough games over the past two seasons to be eligible for exposure in the expansion draft. Not knocking him, just thought it would be useful to know.

This also means the Canucks don't need to play Biega extra games to have an eligible defenceman outside of Edler, Tanev, and Gudbranson (provided nothing disastrous happens).

13 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Sbisa has now played enough games over the past two seasons to be eligible for exposure in the expansion draft. Not knocking him, just thought it would be useful to know.

This also means the Canucks don't need to play Biega extra games to have an eligible defenceman outside of Edler, Tanev, and Gudbranson (provided nothing disastrous happens).

Actually Benning trades Edler or Tanev for forward assets and then protects Sbisa. Biega is exposed. How about Benning signs Alzner as a UFA.

11 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Actually Benning trades Edler or Tanev for forward assets and then protects Sbisa. Biega is exposed. How about Benning signs Alzner as a UFA.

I could see Tanev traded, Sbisa protected and Biega exposed or Biega traded if they get enough for him.

Archived