The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christopher Tanev | #8 | D

-SN-

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

People who suggest trading Tanev want value back or no deal. I have called for dealing Tanev for over 2 years but still stand by JB if he cannot get value in return. Tanev has value both as a trade option or as a veteran d-man who can help the younger players coming on board. I opt to move him because of his injury history as much as anything else. I see value in either option. 

Tanev might be a great partner for Juiolevi.  Maybe we need him a lot more than any return could be? 

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tanev might be a great partner for Juiolevi.  Maybe we need him a lot more than any return could be? 

Quite possible. At the end of the day it will be a value judgement by JB. JB keep saying Tanev is not available. IMHO no player is untradeable. JB simply does not have an offer that temps him. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Quite possible. At the end of the day it will be a value judgement by JB. JB keep saying Tanev is not available. IMHO no player is untradeable. JB simply does not have an offer that temps him

Agreed.  At the moment, Tanev has more value to the Canucks as he improves the team defence and supports/mentors the young players.  He has 2 more years (with a generous modified NTC) on his contract, so I think he is either traded at the coming season's deadline or during the following season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

We Canuck fans are lucky he picked us to play in front of those of us who love the team appreciate the fact that his on our side he is one of ours.

Tanev is the ideal partner and mentor for Juiolevi.  

• Upvote 1

On 2018-06-01 at 9:10 PM, Alflives said:

Tanev is the ideal partner and mentor for Juiolevi.  

Nooooo please Alf...

Just reading through this page and wondering how people think that Tanev could be such a great mentor?

He plays roughly 40 games a season, cant get out of the way of a hit if he tried, and his dipsy doodling in his own end usually becomes a forced error or another injury.

...  “once you get to the end of the bench, turn left and head under the grand-stands,.  Go 25 feet past the locker room and the First Aid room is on the right.”

Hows that for mentoring.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Hold the line, Jim.  Unless they overpay, send them packing.  There will be plenty of opportunities to trade Tanev, during the upcoming season or even the next, so hold tight.  Oh, yeah...if you can, trade him to one of their rivals.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Hold the line, Jim.  Unless they overpay, send them packing.  There will be plenty of opportunities to trade Tanev, during the upcoming season or even the next, so hold tight.  Oh, yeah...if you can, trade him to one of their rivals.

The Leafs have interest, but other than their 2018 and 2019 first, they have nothing we want.  (Excluding Matthews, Reilly, and Marner who - obviously - they won’t trade)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Qwags said:

They're going to have to overpay. Send Marner + 1st.

If they want to overpay, I'd be willing to take Nylander off their hands. Marner is more valuable and keeping those two and Matthews could be challenging. We can take Nylander and use him to land a young defenseman in a couple of years. The only thing is his value would likely drop since he wouldn't be playing with Matthews anymore and his scoring would dip. But imagine these potential lines:

Baertschi - Horvat - Nylander

Dahlen - Pettersson - Boeser

That second line could feast on secondary defense pairs. Maybe move Virtanen up in place of Baertschi/Dahlen for some more size. Nylander could also play the bumper spot on the powerplay, giving us that many more deadly options:

net

Horvat

Boeser                        Nylander                         Pettersson

Juolevi/2018 1st

2 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

the holes in their team defence were so badly exposed during the playoffs the Leaves should be grateful Jim's listening. Jim has absolutely no reason to sell low. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I have faith that if Jim is going to get a good deal if he does trade Tanev. 

Toronto's 1st, Matt Martin, and Timothy Liljgren or suck it Dumas. 

Honestly, I'd rather take Toronto's 2019 1st with protection than any of their prospects. A couple of late 1sts for Tanev instead of a late 1st + 2nd + prospect is what I'd prefer, but I don't see it as that likely. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Honestly, I'd rather take Toronto's 2019 1st with protection than any of their prospects. A couple of late 1sts for Tanev instead of a late 1st + 2nd + prospect is what I'd prefer, but I don't see it as that likely. 

Knowing the Leafs, that 2019 1st would end up somewhere in the low 20's, which I think would be the major piece of a great return for Tanev. Obviously having two firsts next year would be awesome for us fans.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Guile said:

Knowing the Leafs, that 2019 1st would end up somewhere in the low 20's, which I think would be the major piece of a great return for Tanev. Obviously having two firsts next year would be awesome for us fans.

I would like to get 2 firsts but I think with Tanev's injury history we would be likely to get more like this years 1st (25th) and 2nd(52nd) at best.  This would be a very fair deal imho.  With 5 picks in the top 68 we could do some wheeling and dealing with NYI, NYR, or PHA who have multiple 1st round picks.

17 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I would like to get 2 firsts but I think with Tanev's injury history we would be likely to get more like this years 1st (25th) and 2nd(52nd) at best.  This would be a very fair deal imho.  With 5 picks in the top 68 we could do some wheeling and dealing with NYI, NYR, or PHA who have multiple 1st round picks.

I agree, very fair return, though again, a 2019 1st would have a bit more value to us and I don't expect that would have different value to the Leafs than their 1st this year (probably end up near the same spot). I don't expect them to go far into the playoffs next year (fingers crossed, sorry Dad), so not much risk that it drops to the very end of the first round.

• 1 month later...