The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christopher Tanev | #8 | D

-SN-

On 5/24/2019 at 11:16 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

:lol: could be. But you know, the guy still goes and does his job knowing he can get hurt, takes real balls to do that. 

No questioning his desire and willingness to sacrifice his body. Bottom line is how he would withstand CUP play. If he is a top pairing d-man the club cannot afford to lose him in CUP play. For this reason and his lack of offense I have wanted him traded for 3 years now. His value has peaked and the trade return diminished. I prefer Edler retained and Tanev moved. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

No questioning his desire and willingness to sacrifice his body. Bottom line is how he would withstand CUP play. If he is a top pairing d-man the club cannot afford to lose him in CUP play. For this reason and his lack of offense I have wanted him traded for 3 years now. His value has peaked and the trade return diminished. I prefer Edler retained and Tanev moved. 

I'm not sure you can predict that for any player. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We haven't seen a ton of Tanev in the playoffs, but I don't think he's actually been injured in any of the games he's played yet. He missed the entire 2013 playoffs when we got swept, but presumably he was injured prior to the start of the playoffs then. He played in all 5 of the games in 2012 and all 6 of the games in 2015. We'll have to see how a longer playoff run goes for him if we can ever get to the 2nd round with him.

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Googlie said:

The longer Ben Hutton stays on the market, the more I suspect the #Canucks are working on a Chris Tanev trade. That would allow Jordie Benn to slide to the right and open up a spot for Hutton to return.

Hutton's a straight downgrade from Tanev right now, but I guess age and durability are also factors to consider, though Tanev isn't particularly old.

51 minutes ago, Googlie said:

The longer Ben Hutton stays on the market, the more I suspect the #Canucks are working on a Chris Tanev trade. That would allow Jordie Benn to slide to the right and open up a spot for Hutton to return.

Who is this Twitter person?

Hutton is not coming back.

Tanev is the perfect partner for Hughes.  Hughes’ greatness will prolong Tanev’s career.  When Hughes was on the ice for those five games, the Canucks had 70% of the shots, while the other teams had only 30% of the shots.  Hughes is a phenom.  We will see Tanev play great, and get an extension here in the spring. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2019 at 9:08 AM, Alflives said:

Who is this Twitter person?

Hutton is not coming back.

Tanev is the perfect partner for Hughes.  Hughes’ greatness will prolong Tanev’s career.  When Hughes was on the ice for those five games, the Canucks had 70% of the shots, while the other teams had only 30% of the shots.  Hughes is a phenom.  We will see Tanev play great, and get an extension here in the spring. 

In light of our recent acquisitions, I wonder if the Oilers would be interested in Tanev in their Defence..

Perhaps we swing Pulijarvi out of a deal.. ?

Would really like to grab pool party.. great potential there.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

In light of our recent acquisitions, I wonder if the Oilers would be interested in Tanev in their Defence..

Perhaps we swing Pulijarvi out of a deal.. ?

Would really like to grab pool party.. great potential there.

Heard Poolparty’s agent On the radio, and he confirmed the kid is done playing for the Oilers.  He also added he’d love to see Poolparty in Van.  Maybe there is something there?  

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2019 at 2:02 AM, Alflives said:

Heard Poolparty’s agent On the radio, and he confirmed the kid is done playing for the Oilers.  He also added he’d love to see Poolparty in Van.  Maybe there is something there?  

Would take a gamble on Tanev (no retention) for Poolparty straight up since it’s tanev’s last year. 

Would love to include LE in such a deal, but I don’t see how it would work since we can’t retain much more cap. 

Maybe the solution for a probably very motivated LE is just to play 3rd line with e.g. Sutter and Baer?

On 7/12/2019 at 12:56 AM, J-P said:

Would take a gamble on Tanev (no retention) for Poolparty straight up since it’s tanev’s last year. 

Would love to include LE in such a deal, but I don’t see how it would work since we can’t retain much more cap. 

Maybe the solution for a probably very motivated LE is just to play 3rd line with e.g. Sutter and Baer?

Wow! Undervaluing Tanev a tad, no?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Wow! Undervaluing Tanev a tad, no?

Maybe, hard to tell how much he has left if he can stay healthy.

Anyway, the motivation for such a deal would be that he’s on the last year of his contract and it’s doubtful he’s a long term fit. So it would be like a deadline deal, only for the full season. 

Tanev with more contract left would be another discussion...

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2019 at 11:56 PM, J-P said:

One of the top defensive D in the league (with great fancy stats on a crappy team in support) for a bustaroo?  

We need Tanev; he’s not getting traded.

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2019 at 8:13 AM, Googlie said:

Hutton is getting a PTO, and it won’t be from us.  

2 hours ago, J-P said:

Maybe, hard to tell how much he has left if he can stay healthy.

Anyway, the motivation for such a deal would be that he’s on the last year of his contract and it’s doubtful he’s a long term fit. So it would be like a deadline deal, only for the full season. 

Tanev with more contract left would be another discussion...

We need Tanev A LOT more than we need pulju.  Tanev needs to play with Hughes while Hughes learns the NHL game and so that Hughes can go on offense while Tanev provides a steady D partner.

Plus, we don't even know if Pulju is a bust. Giving up Tanev for him would be a really bad trade. Biega......sure.

Edit: we also have too many forwards as it is.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think Tanev's trade value is very good right now, it makes more sense to keep him.

1. If we are a playoff team he would be highly valuable to our roster
2. Great option to play with Quinn Hughes
3. If he stays healthy and we are out of it at the deadline his value would be much higher then

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I don't think Tanev's trade value is very good right now, it makes more sense to keep him.

3. If he stays healthy and we are out of it at the deadline his value would be much higher then

Agree, agree, agree!

13 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

And replaced by Tyson Barrie next season.

2 hours ago, J-P said:

Has Larsson fallen out of favor with the oil? He’s a really good player. 

Maybe with some of their fans. If they are anything like our "realistic fans" here, since he cost them a Hart winner, if he isn't a Norris winner he is considered to be worthless garbage and should be discarded as quickly as possible.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1