Sign in to follow this  
StealthNuck

Christopher Tanev | #8 | D

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tystick said:

A part of me is hoping Benning trades for a solid RD.

Then trades Tanev at the deadline for maximum value.

Hate to say it, but Tanev is on the verge of declining.

I think it's a good opportunity to get a pick and a prospect.

I think the more likely scenario is that Tanev walks for free, and then signs his last big deal with another team. We can't afford him, and i'm not sure trading him at the trade deadline would do the team any good, moral wise. They're wanting to make a run, and trading one of your best defensive defenseman doesn't speak well to the team and its players. Tanev is staying. Getting a solid RD is going to be hard. Those players are the ones you draft, and cost too much to acquire. We're almost all done with giving away picks to acquire players. Any more picks going out, and we'd might as well not show up for the 2020 draft. LOL. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think the more likely scenario is that Tanev walks for free, and then signs his last big deal with another team. We can't afford him, and i'm not sure trading him at the trade deadline would do the team any good, moral wise. They're wanting to make a run, and trading one of your best defensive defenseman doesn't speak well to the team and its players. Tanev is staying. Getting a solid RD is going to be hard. Those players are the ones you draft, and cost too much to acquire. We're almost all done with giving away picks to acquire players. Any more picks going out, and we'd might as well not show up for the 2020 draft. LOL. 

Dunno. JB and co are pretty good at finding good prospects anywhere in the draft. We need people now and moving forward though. I think Benning wants a large window of opportunity/success.

 

If we manage to somehow keep Toffoli/Tanev/Markstrom we'd be set up for the next 4 years with prospects blossoming and being added. It would help our core take that next step for sure. A 4 year window of success and time for guys like Pod/Hog/Juo/Lind/Rath or whoever we draft in the meantime to develop into NHLers and/or established NHLers(with some experience). That in turn would extend the window of success and perhaps make it greater of one.

 

Forward-wise we're pretty locked. We got a lot of good pieces making up the core already and good ones on the shelf too. Defense-wise we got one guy and a few good pieces on the shelf. May be an area of concern on D but if we lock up Tanev for a bit it would by us time we kind of need to figure that out.

 

I feel as if that's the plan in place. If all works out then we could be more successful then the Sharks were making the playoffs all those years.

 

Really have to make some cap room moving forward. Sutter/Baer. If Eriksson retired it would solve a lot of issues but that's wishful thinking. Fortune needs to be on our side a bit moving forward with the cap.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Dunno. JB and co are pretty good at finding good prospects anywhere in the draft. We need people now and moving forward though. I think Benning wants a large window of opportunity/success.

 

If we manage to somehow keep Toffoli/Tanev/Markstrom we'd be set up for the next 4 years with prospects blossoming and being added. It would help our core take that next step for sure. A 4 year window of success and time for guys like Pod/Hog/Juo/Lind/Rath or whoever we draft in the meantime to develop into NHLers and/or established NHLers(with some experience). That in turn would extend the window of success and perhaps make it greater of one.

 

Forward-wise we're pretty locked. We got a lot of good pieces making up the core already and good ones on the shelf too. Defense-wise we got one guy and a few good pieces on the shelf. May be an area of concern on D but if we lock up Tanev for a bit it would by us time we kind of need to figure that out.

 

I feel as if that's the plan in place. If all works out then we could be more successful then the Sharks were making the playoffs all those years.

 

Really have to make some cap room moving forward. Sutter/Baer. If Eriksson retired it would solve a lot of issues but that's wishful thinking. Fortune needs to be on our side a bit moving forward with the cap.

The fact that Benning was willing to let Madden go shows a great confidence in the prospect pool. I could see Tanev giving up a bit of salary in exchange for term. Not sure how JB will view that but I also think JB is pretty loyal to players who have performed. I can see Tanev as effective in playoffs but as a 4 or 5D. Sorry to say I cannot think Stecher would be. Can JB get Tanev on a 3 year term? He might.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Dunno. JB and co are pretty good at finding good prospects anywhere in the draft. We need people now and moving forward though. I think Benning wants a large window of opportunity/success.

 

If we manage to somehow keep Toffoli/Tanev/Markstrom we'd be set up for the next 4 years with prospects blossoming and being added. It would help our core take that next step for sure. A 4 year window of success and time for guys like Pod/Hog/Juo/Lind/Rath or whoever we draft in the meantime to develop into NHLers and/or established NHLers(with some experience). That in turn would extend the window of success and perhaps make it greater of one.

 

Forward-wise we're pretty locked. We got a lot of good pieces making up the core already and good ones on the shelf too. Defense-wise we got one guy and a few good pieces on the shelf. May be an area of concern on D but if we lock up Tanev for a bit it would by us time we kind of need to figure that out.

 

I feel as if that's the plan in place. If all works out then we could be more successful then the Sharks were making the playoffs all those years.

 

Really have to make some cap room moving forward. Sutter/Baer. If Eriksson retired it would solve a lot of issues but that's wishful thinking. Fortune needs to be on our side a bit moving forward with the cap.

Hoping that Ericsson retires this offseason, after his bonus. Is he eligible to be bought out? 

 

Does Sutter and Bartschi have one more years on their contracts? I feel like Baer's career might be done. If nobody is taking you when you're on waivers for free.....

 

Sutter I think could be dealt in the off-season for a 3rd or something, maybe a second, if Benning could work some magic. 

 

Get the sense that the Canucks are done trading. If anything, might be more depth moves in the next few days, but as for major moves, I think they're done. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Hoping that Ericsson retires this offseason, after his bonus. Is he eligible to be bought out? 

 

Does Sutter and Bartschi have one more years on their contracts? I feel like Baer's career might be done. If nobody is taking you when you're on waivers for free.....

 

Sutter I think could be dealt in the off-season for a 3rd or something, maybe a second, if Benning could work some magic. 

 

Get the sense that the Canucks are done trading. If anything, might be more depth moves in the next few days, but as for major moves, I think they're done. 

 

LE, Sutter, and Baer all have term left.  They will each cost a lot in sweetener to dump.  We are going to have serious trouble getting cap room to sign Marky, Tanev, and our RFAs.  JB said young ELC guys are coming soon.  I’d say as soon as next season.  We have to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

LE, Sutter, and Baer all have term left.  They will each cost a lot in sweetener to dump.  We are going to have serious trouble getting cap room to sign Marky, Tanev, and our RFAs.  JB said young ELC guys are coming soon.  I’d say as soon as next season.  We have to. 

how much term, do you know, Alf? 

 

LE and Baer I am sure will need sweetners to dump. 

 

Sutter is a serviceable player. I think he can fetch something on his own without a sweetner. 

 

 

Edited by N4ZZY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

how much term, do you know, Alf? 

 

LE and Baer I am sure will need sweetners to dump. 

 

Sutter is a serviceable player. I think he can fetch something on his own without a sweetner. 

 

 

Sutter and Baer have one more year left after this one; Loui has two.  Sutter has no value now, but will (with salary retention) at the 2021 TDL.  LE and Baer will never have any trade value.  IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sutter and Baer have one more year left after this one; Loui has two.  Sutter has no value now, but will (with salary retention) at the 2021 TDL.  LE and Baer will never have any trade value.  IMO. 

why do you feel like Sutter has no value now? 

 

i agree with Baer and LE having no trade value, so we'd definitely have to add for a team to take them off our hands. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost never thought I'd ever see the Tanman hit 60 games in a season again, but here we are.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

why do you feel like Sutter has no value now? 

 

i agree with Baer and LE having no trade value, so we'd definitely have to add for a team to take them off our hands. 

 

Sutter has value to us as s player on our team, but he has negative trade value because he has one more year on his contract.  He gets paid too much for what he provides.  No team will want him because of that extra year.  TDL of 2021 and he has value, but we will have to retain some salary.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone noticed Tanev seems to get injured less since he started playing with Hughes?

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, smokes said:

Has anyone noticed Tanev seems to get injured less since he started playing with Hughes?

Yes, opposing teams are trying to hurt Hughes rather than Tanev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

Yes, opposing teams are trying to hurt Hughes rather than Tanev.

I noticed twice in the Boston game bruins tried to hit Hughes and he made small moves to just get brushed by those boston d bags....

 

...very good NHL players used to say how hard it was to actually hit gretzky with a good hit.  Hopefully Hughes is that elusive and can avoid most contact. But I agree with you, maybe the other teams are keying on Tanev and he is taking less hits.

 

Or more likely, the puck is getting to Hughes and he simply skates it out or passes it out and no Canuck gets hit at all.

 

It is awesome to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tanev had his first misconduct this year and first fight today. Surprised the Johns didn’t mention that. We now  have 12 different players with fighting majors this year

Edited by Devron44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I want this guy on my team!

 

 

 

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Like 3
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"squire" barnes just dissing Tanev on the news saying Tanev is always injured after showing 230lb Lee hammer Tanev into the boards.

 

"squire" would sit down and pee if he even stood beside 230lb Lee.  Shut up "squire". Tanev is a warrior.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunate injury but he's done well this season, most say it's a 1-3 week injury so let's hope he's back for at least the last couple of regular season games. Missing our best goalie and arguably best defensive defenceman is going to be tricky, especially when Green isn't adjusting his run-and-gun style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess with the NHL season being shut down early, technically Chris has actually played a full season. Gotta look for the positives. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.