The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christopher Tanev | #8 | D

-SN-

48 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Who's Taj? 

not sure, but was listening to Sportsnet 650 podcasts and couldn't remember hearing this bit myself.  Was posting to see whether if anyone else could confirm those findings.

It honestly doesn't sound like much, just thought it would be interesting to talk about

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well Murph should just shut his yap then.

Murph, we could be contenders by then, Murph.

Shut it

"I don't think (Insert player) will re-sign when their contract is up" = The vaguest media report ever.

• Upvote 1

Good 'ol steady Tanev moving up another spot in all time Canuck scoring.  Heh, about to pass Slegr with just a couple more games played.

102.  Jiri Slegr D 154 12 65 77
103.  Chris Tanev D 350 17 59 76
104.  Ted Taylor LW 191 35 40 75

8 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Is it me, or does he look quicker this season?

He's always been quick, and was a quick player under both AV and even Torts.  WD kept a harness on his D, making them look like pylons standing in front of our net.  

• Upvote 1

Tanev is definitely jumping in the play more this year. He's been real good so far. If he could be a 20-point guy on the regular and remain a top defensive defender, he would bring his game to another level.

• 2 weeks later...

Tanev is now a plus eight.  That’s really hard for a defensive Dman to get those numbers.  He gets the toughest matchups, plays PK, and gets little PP.  He’s an EXTREMELY good player, who gets very little credit, because he’s not a flashy point producer.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As good as Tanev has been in the past, full credit to him, he's looked even better this year.

He looks a little tougher to knock around and has actually created some offense. Improving on his two biggest weaknesses. 

Agreed. I honestly didn't think he could get any better, but so far he's proven me wrong. If Tanev is one of those guys who ripens with age, we'll have an insanely good player on our hands. He's already considered one of the top defensive d-men in the league.

• Like 1