Sign in to follow this  
StealthNuck

Yannick Weber | #6 | D

37 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Hopefully he isn't on the team much longer

Where do you think he'll end up? 

UFA, no? Doesn't help his cause that Biega got an extension and is also a bottom-4 righty. Can't see him with the squad next season. 

49 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Where do you think he'll end up? 

It's hard to say.  Not like he is a must have for any team.  Maybe somewhere in Europe.

46 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

It's hard to say.  Not like he is a must have for any team.  Maybe somewhere in Europe.

Honestly I was thinking Europe too, but thought it would be insulting to post :-/ Maybe he'll head home to a Swiss league. Can't imagine what other NHL teams would be courting him, especially with the season he's had.

I never want to wish negative things for any player that donned the blue and green, but unfortunately for weber it has become increasingly evident that he can not cut it in an NHL top 6. I hope he finds himself another contract (somewhere else) but he strikes me as one of those guys that will end up finishing his career as a top puck mover in the ahl or softer league. 

Weber is probably the only player on the team who is reviled this badly by CDC.

The Weber nobody wanted, the Weber we deserved.

He is one fortunately we can walk away from clear. Always thought he was a little small for the west.

Gone. He burned any bridges he had with that interview he did at the media availability scrum. 

Sounded like a petulant little kid who didn't get his M & M's. He may have also effectively killed any chance that another team takes a flyer on him. 

Perennial PTO player. 

22 hours ago, Sedin Brothers said:

Anyone else see Yannick get beat up last night by Dylan Larkin after illegally cross checking him?  Glad he's off our squad 

Canucks defence just looks a lot better in general without this guy, he is absolutely terrible glad he is not here anymore.