Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StealthNuck

Jacob Markstrom | #25 | Goaltender

91 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

good grief...

Injury or trade?  Or could Marky be another victim to the 'mumps'?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Injury or trade?  Or could Marky be another victim to the 'mumps'?

Depending on severity, I would think after the Bishop trade and with this, very well might spell out Miller will not be moved.  Not a chance the Canucks use Bachman to star in goal for us.

47 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Depending on severity, I would think after the Bishop trade and with this, very well might spell out Miller will not be moved.  Not a chance the Canucks use Bachman to star in goal for us.

We can still trade Miller. Why not use Bachman? It's not like we're going anywhere this year. Pick up some good draft positions and plan for the future.

9 minutes ago, clutesi said:

We can still trade Miller. Why not use Bachman? It's not like we're going anywhere this year. Pick up some good draft positions and plan for the future.

We gotta keep Miller cause we're still trying for the playoffs man. 

Didn't watch all the skills, but was wondering if this has something to do with the hardest shot competition.... It's not something goalies do on a regular basis, maybe he pulled or tweak a muscle.

deal millsey but get a crappy back up in return.  could let Demko and garts net utica:)  Bachman + backup lol

epic goalie duo for team tank.  I'd be watching every game I could. 

Canucks twitter is now reporting that Markstrom has food poisoning and won't travel to Chicago.

What the heck...

25 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Markstrom was average last season, I say give him a chance in camp. He definitely didn't play well enough to be 'anointed' the #1 guy.

Markstrom isn't terrible but he isn't great either.  If the Canucks re-sign Miller I can't see him NOT getting more starts.

37 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

So miller must have said no, good. I liked miller but I didn't want to see him back.

I doubt this was benning 1st (going with marks) choice because it makes sense. 

We get to see what markstrom capable of........finally 

4 minutes ago, combover said:

So miller must have said no, good. I liked miller but I didn't want to see him back.

I doubt this was benning 1st (going with marks) choice because it makes sense. 

We get to see what markstrom capable of........finally 

Do you get the impression that JB and the Canuck's management (owners too) are being forced into a rebuild, not of their choice?  No big name UFA's are coming here, like Errikson last summer.  Miller won't come back.  JB is likely to get an offer on Tanev he just can't refuse.  Younger players are what the fans want to pay money to see.  I'm sure there must be more too, but the idea that the rebuild is of our management's choice is questionable.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you get the impression that JB and the Canuck's management (owners too) are being forced into a rebuild, not of their choice?  No big name UFA's are coming here, like Errikson last summer.  Miller won't come back.  JB is likely to get an offer on Tanev he just can't refuse.  Younger players are what the fans want to pay money to see.  I'm sure there must be more too, but the idea that the rebuild is of our management's choice is questionable.

Who could possibly force owners and management to rebuild? God?

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Who could possibly force owners and management to rebuild? God?

Butts NOT in seats.  Drop in revenue. An old stale core of players the fans don't want to watch anymore.  Those kinds of things.  Oh, and finishing 28 and 29, while trying to compete for a playoff spot.  

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

He just clarified that quote:

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Butts NOT in seats.  Drop in revenue. An old stale core of players the fans don't want to watch anymore.  Those kinds of things.  Oh, and finishing 28 and 29, while trying to compete for a playoff spot.  

I don't see how a rebuild would put butts in the seats. Signing players like oshie and Miller while barely making the playoffs would be better for revenue. The only thing a scortched earth rebuild guarantees is a period of  abysmal hockey. There are times it helps the club to a cup eventually but it never guarantees is. 

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

I don't see how a rebuild would put butts in the seats. Signing players like oshie and Miller while barely making the playoffs would be better for revenue. The only thing a scortched earth rebuild guarantees is a period of  abysmal hockey. There are times it helps the club to a cup eventually but it never guarantees is. 

Just read in another thread that JB corrected his earlier statement about Markstrom being our starter.

Looks like you're right, and there is no rebuild to come:(

Just now, Alflives said:

Just read in another thread that JB corrected his earlier statement about Markstrom being our starter.

Looks like you're right, and there is no rebuild to come:(

I'm not saying there's no rebuild. I'm not saying I don't want a rebuild. I'm saying nothing can force owners/management to do anything and that rebuilds don't guarantee profit. Ask Florida.

3 hours ago, mll said:

He just clarified that quote:

Well if he waits too long he will never see it, he will have his keester booted outta here before that happens.

Markstrom isn't the weak link right now. They need to focus on getting more offense going.