The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Overwatch Thread.

Go-to character - Offense  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seems pretty dumb that there's no base game for consoles. I want to buy it on PS4, but there's only the $80 Origins version.

$40 base game is only available on PC. Guess I might have to "PC Master Race" this game. I just want it on console because I know people with it.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Seems pretty dumb that there's no base game for consoles. I want to buy it on PS4, but there's only the $80 Origins version.

$40 base game is only available on PC. Guess I might have to "PC Master Race" this game. I just want it on console because I know people with it.

You are free to rig up your controller to the PC, but yeah.  Sorry mate.

5 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

You are free to rig up your controller to the PC, but yeah.  Sorry mate.

It's not that I wouldn't like the PC version. I don't mind mouse + keyboard at all, I would just have preferred the console because of some friends that have it.

But, this is all now after the fact. I've bought it on PC. :P

My Battle.net name is DollarDreams for whoever wants to add. :)

How many of you guys are planning to play the competitive mode when it launches? This is going to be the first FPS I've really enjoyed enough since Halo 3 to try and be competitive with it. 

Disregard the title of this article, but look at their reasoning. IGN seems to think the next hero release will be a character called 'Sombra', a support sniper. Here's the article/video: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/05/20/rumor-new-overwatch-character-to-be-revealed-on-monday

I think they need another sniper, hopefully one easier to use. I play on console, and sniping is difficult. A sniper support would bring every kind of mix to that class that already includes the offensive Zenyatta, defensive Lucio, and builder Symmetra. 

On 2016-06-03 at 11:16 PM, Bob.Loblaw said:

No thank you.  The Koreans will ruin it.

I feel like that is bound to happen with any game though. The higher class gamers come in with all the free time they have and dedication, and just take over.

I don't really care about gaining ranks too much in anything anymore. There's just too many people out there with way too much more free time than myself, and their lack of getting bored after playing lengthy hours like I do.

10 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I feel like that is bound to happen with any game though. The higher class gamers come in with all the free time they have and dedication, and just take over.

I don't really care about gaining ranks too much in anything anymore. There's just too many people out there with way too much more free time than myself, and their lack of getting bored after playing lengthy hours like I do.

Gotta agree with this. I just do my thing and try to enjoy my time since I am definitely not one of the best players out there, lol.

4 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Yes.  It is about having fun.  We have been trying troll teams.  Trollhog seemed good.  Trollbjorn seemed good.  We will try all Mei next.

I was on an all Torbjorn team once. I don't think the other team enjoyed it every much...

I can only imagine how annoying that will be once people get really good at it.

I play as Tracer and Lucio a lot though, so I suppose I can't complain about it >.>