The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Overwatch Thread.

Go-to character - Offense  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Tigs said:

This is very frustrating.

Another thing that sucks is when you're playing Mercy and you can tell your team is doing $&!# damage, but if you stop healing to do damage they're gonna bitch at you and call it your fault that you lost :S.

Playing healer is like playing goalie. You're amazing if your team wins, and it's all your fault it you lose :lol:

I usually stick to Lucio to help out with DPS, but I love Mercy's ult. I just find her hard to be effective with on a unorganized team 

4 minutes ago, Incursio said:

Playing healer is like playing goalie. You're amazing if your team wins, and it's all your fault it you lose :lol:

I usually stick to Lucio to help out with DPS, but I love Mercy's ult. I just find her hard to be effective with on a unorganized team 

It's true. I used to heal when I did Arena's in WoW back in the day and definitely felt that a lot. 

Wishing I had a PS4 now tbh. Sounds like you would have a good group to play with, lol.

Edited by Tigs

2 minutes ago, Tigs said:

It's true. I used to heal when I did Arena's in WoW back in the day and definitely felt that a lot. 

Wishing I had a PS4 now tbh. Sounds like you would have a good group to play with, lol.

This is the first game I've really started to play in a supporting role. I like playing as Tracer a lot, but we win more when I play Lucio. So it's new territory for me ^_^

Haha, we'd welcome you! I think we have a good thing going. I play support, another friend plays tank, and another does DPS. 

just lost a game with seconds left on the CP. we wiped everyone from their team except a mcree who was hiding somewhere. he turned a corner, pressed Q, and killed most of our team without using a single bit of skill or effort - just hiding and pressing Q. 

the fact that this game even HAS these autoaim abilities is embarrassing enough - but to allow them in "competitive" mode, to me, is worse. Blizzard should take another page out of Valve's book and look at the TF2 comp settings. 

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

just lost a game with seconds left on the CP. we wiped everyone from their team except a mcree who was hiding somewhere. he turned a corner, pressed Q, and killed most of our team without using a single bit of skill or effort - just hiding and pressing Q. 

the fact that this game even HAS these autoaim abilities is embarrassing enough - but to allow them in "competitive" mode, to me, is worse. Blizzard should take another page out of Valve's book and look at the TF2 comp settings. 

I agree. Reaper and McCree are both incredibly frustrating. McCree can also cancel his for only a 50% penalty, which is mindblowing. 

24 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I agree. Reaper and McCree are both incredibly frustrating. McCree can also cancel his for only a 50% penalty, which is mindblowing. 

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

Not sure I agree. Same could be said about Mercy's revive, D'Va's self-destruct, or any ultimate ability. They all require perfect placement in order to be used effectively. The whole point of them is to make a push or break a stalemate, so I actually really don't mind them.

1 minute ago, Mimerez said:

Not sure I agree. Same could be said about Mercy's revive, D'Va's self-destruct, or any ultimate ability. They all require perfect placement in order to be used effectively. The whole point of them is to make a push or break a stalemate, so I actually really don't mind them.

Mercy's revive was just nerfed and is a little more difficult to pull off effectively. It's also easy to kill people again after the revive. D'Va's self destruct comes with a gigantic indicator, a three second delay, and it's easier to dodge. 

I wouldn't say perfect placement is really required at all; they're automated auto-aim abilities. Get close or get behind and push Q to win. It's a little out of line with most of the other abilities that actually do take some thought. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2016 at 9:17 PM, Tigs said:
Spoiler

I have favourites from each category. I don't believe in having a "main" in this game as I feel you hinder yourself. :P

This is my personal list of how I would play them like a hacker.

Offensive: Genji > McCree > Tracer

Defensive: Junkrat > Mei > Torbjorn

Tank: D.Va = Roadhog

Support: Mercy = Lucio > Symmetra 

Really fun game though, it's probably one of the best multiplayer games put out in quite a while as everything has a counter. There are also multiple characters that anyone one person will enjoy. 

There are very few situations where mercy is as useful as lucio... mainly if you have all tanks.

Lucio is and has been from the beginning overpowered.

Good healing, awesome utility, awesome ult, decent damage

mercy needs a serious buff.

I find Mercy is pretty hard to use effectively unless you're playing with a good group. Almost anyone can be a decent Lucio in any situation

Edited by Guest