The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Overwatch Thread.

Go-to character - Offense  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, gamohoxic said:

There are very few situations where mercy is as useful as lucio... mainly if you have all tanks.

Lucio is and has been from the beginning overpowered.

Good healing, awesome utility, awesome ult, decent damage

mercy needs a serious buff.

idk, i used to think so - but now that Mercy is in almost every single one of my comp games, and her ult swings SO many fights over and over and over, i find it difficult to justify.

Definitely need a break from this game now. pretty happy with my platinum rank, but I was really hoping to reach diamond.

unfortunately, the people who play it seem to be, by and large, one of the most obnoxious alphanerd communities I've played with - dudes in groups of 3 who, by virtue of being in their pack, assume that everyone else around them must be bad. if you don't change to what they want? get ready to be talked down to. if they suck but have too much pride to adjust? you're still to blame, 9 times out of 10

the game rewards groups and group mentality, while totally punishing solo queue. Dota is terrible for this because it lets groups of two do ranked (doesn't alter solo ranking in solo rank mode!) - but Overwatch is even worse for permitting groups of 3, 4 in there. 

You can't do well in ranked without a group, you just can't. That's a problem with pretty much every single FPS I've ever played though, from Halo 3 to this. 

• 4 weeks later...

Tilted really hard a couple of days ago when I was solo q'ing and lost ~ 250 points. My group of 6 is finally all together again though, and we went on a tear and ended up getting 3 people to diamond yesterday.

This game is just as fun as the first day I got it. Absolutely love competitive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2016 at 8:41 AM, Mimerez said:

Tilted really hard a couple of days ago when I was solo q'ing and lost ~ 250 points. My group of 6 is finally all together again though, and we went on a tear and ended up getting 3 people to diamond yesterday.

This game is just as fun as the first day I got it. Absolutely love competitive.

Agreed. There are so many different team comps and ways to play. Always stays fresh

The new brawl for the halloween event is awesome. Hopefully they keep some variation of it afterwards

• 1 month later...

cant believe this insane game.

new season started, so i've done 6 of my ranked placement games so far. one we lost because we were simply outplayed, one we won, one was a draw.. 

and THREE, YES THREE games have had people on my team disconnect. once they came back, but after we already gave up two caps. i just don't get how or why people play with poor computers or bad internet. why why why why? unless i've just got the worst luck. 

i'm going to go from platinum to bronze at this rate

32 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

cant believe this insane game.

new season started, so i've done 6 of my ranked placement games so far. one we lost because we were simply outplayed, one we won, one was a draw.. 

and THREE, YES THREE games have had people on my team disconnect. once they came back, but after we already gave up two caps. i just don't get how or why people play with poor computers or bad internet. why why why why? unless i've just got the worst luck. 

i'm going to go from platinum to bronze at this rate

This is why I can't play competitive unless I have a full team of people I know ( doesn't happen often). Too many people quit or disconnect and hardly anyone plays with a mic.

Also getting sick of playing healer every game. I've got more than 50% of my play time on Lucio, mercy or Zen and that's only because no one will play support when you're going solo.

Game is still fun as hell though. I'm really enjoying the arcade game modes right now.

Edited by Beluga Whale

On 12/1/2016 at 1:37 PM, Beluga Whale said:

This is why I can't play competitive unless I have a full team of people I know ( doesn't happen often). Too many people quit or disconnect and hardly anyone plays with a mic.

Also getting sick of playing healer every game. I've got more than 50% of my play time on Lucio, mercy or Zen and that's only because no one will play support when you're going solo.

Game is still fun as hell though. I'm really enjoying the arcade game modes right now.

Yeah that's why I haven't played in a few months. Unless you're lucky to get in a group that has people who want to play healer, you're stuck with it or you're going to lose. I'm not sure what the solution is, but it makes the game far less entertaining for me. In TF2 you'd have 10-16 player teams often, so it was less likely to happen that the classes would be a completely guaranteed fail. With the 6 players... it happens very, very often, and there's no incentive for players who just stick with hazno or snipers or the like to change.

Not sure I agree with you guys about solo q'ing - I had a friend at the start of the season that climbed to 3900 after getting placed in platinum. You're obviously going to get games where your teammates don't work out, but eventually (if you really deserve to be in a higher rank) then you will climb out. And don't be too critical of your teammates, definitely try and analyze your own mistakes as well.

57 minutes ago, Mimerez said:

Not sure I agree with you guys about solo q'ing - I had a friend at the start of the season that climbed to 3900 after getting placed in platinum. You're obviously going to get games where your teammates don't work out, but eventually (if you really deserve to be in a higher rank) then you will climb out. And don't be too critical of your teammates, definitely try and analyze your own mistakes as well.

No no, pubs are 100% toxic.  It's like your buddy is actually a guy who fell through the cracks, avoiding the hell that is... pubs.

44 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

No no, pubs are 100% toxic.  It's like your buddy is actually a guy who fell through the cracks, avoiding the hell that is... pubs.

You don't climb because you're lucky, you climb because you're capable of carrying your weight and whatever slack there might be

I've gone too many 40-2, 40-3 competitive matches and lost to know that's not true >.<. Continuously getting 4-5 gold medals and still lose cause randoms suck. It's hopeless. There was one match where i had a gold medal in healing....as a reaper. 

On 12/9/2016 at 5:19 AM, Mimerez said:

You don't climb because you're lucky, you climb because you're capable of carrying your weight and whatever slack there might be

I think it kind of goes both ways. In the long run you should climb if have the skill, but there's a lot that comes down to luck, especially if you queue solo. It's not as easy these days to carry either, with the tank heavy meta. 

As a support main, solo queue is just an exercise in frustration. I'm lucky I have a couple friends to play with so I know 1/2 the slots on my team will always be competent. Just 100 sp to master...

god i hate this game. i hate it so hard, and i hate-play it almost daily now.

i'm floating right below diamond and it frustrates me to no end that i just cant get over that final hump. every time i'm within a game or two of getting there, i just crumble. of course it's probably my fault, but this game seems to assume that there's only 10 people playing at any given time.

i play with the same players sometimes 3, 4, 5 games in a row (+/- 3 players). it's absolutely ridiculous that you can sometimes be stuck with the same toxic garbage game after game after game. and it absolutely isn't even about location since so many of these players are korean, or have american accents. it's just ridiculous. is there like a pool of 20 players on after 10pm?

5 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

god i hate this game. i hate it so hard, and i hate-play it almost daily now.

i'm floating right below diamond and it frustrates me to no end that i just cant get over that final hump. every time i'm within a game or two of getting there, i just crumble. of course it's probably my fault, but this game seems to assume that there's only 10 people playing at any given time.

i play with the same players sometimes 3, 4, 5 games in a row (+/- 3 players). it's absolutely ridiculous that you can sometimes be stuck with the same toxic garbage game after game after game. and it absolutely isn't even about location since so many of these players are korean, or have american accents. it's just ridiculous. is there like a pool of 20 players on after 10pm?

I get that a lot too, it's really weird. Often we'll lose a game and then get placed with the worst players from the previous team. We've started playing snow brawl between competitive matches to buffer the time a bit, seems to fix the problem. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...