The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Overwatch Thread.

Go-to character - Offense  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Tigs said:

Enjoying the Mercy rez buff. Trying to get back into this a bit. Forgot how hard solo q'ing is....the struggle to get back into plat is real.

Same, it actually makes her viable now. I'm trying to play her more, but still need to switch to Zen or Lucio when they have decent flankers/monkeys. 

24 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Same, it actually makes her viable now. I'm trying to play her more, but still need to switch to Zen or Lucio when they have decent flankers/monkeys. 

Lol, I'm honestly a terrible Zen and a decent Lucio at best. My saving grace is that I can play every category at least decently...definitely hear what you're saying though. 

3 hours ago, Tigs said:

Enjoying the Mercy rez buff. Trying to get back into this a bit. Forgot how hard solo q'ing is....the struggle to get back into plat is real.

Duo q'ing is more reliable in the long run if you're trying to climb (for me anyway)

26 minutes ago, Mimerez said:

Duo q'ing is more reliable in the long run if you're trying to climb (for me anyway)

Yeah for sure. The only thing is that while my friends are awesome to play with they are either not interested in pushing rank or are not really that good (not saying that I'm amazing either, haha). It's hard to find people who are both decent at the game and fun to play with.

I don't really enjoy playing with people who rage or get mad at the game. I played too much competitive WoW in the past and have a bad taste in my mouth, lol. 

Edited by Tigs

29 minutes ago, Tigs said:

Yeah for sure. The only thing is that while my friends are awesome to play with they are either not interested in pushing rank or are not really that good (not saying that I'm amazing either, haha). It's hard to find people who are both decent at the game and fun to play with.

I don't really enjoy playing with people who rage or get mad at the game. I played too much competitive WoW in the past and have a bad taste in my mouth, lol. 

What rank are you folks? I'm ~2800 so far, but usually balance around 3200. 

I'm in same boat. I have one friend who's better than me and super into it, and one friend who's worse and more casual. It's hard to balance with either :|

19 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I'm in same boat. I have one friend who's better than me and super into it, and one friend who's worse and more casual. It's hard to balance with either :|

Lol, I'd probably fall into the worse and more casual category there. I think I'm around 2200. I tend to play some week nights/weekend nights. 

31 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Bought two accounts for that reason haha...

I have a bunch of low gold friends that want to queue with me, but I've learned that (unfortunately) that does nothing but hurt my rank (~3.1k so far). So, I just bought a second account when OW was 50% off and now I can climb guilt free while also hanging out with my friends.

If you guys want to group up my btag is Sloan#1340. On PC.

If not, no worries. I totally understand how it is with competitive. B)

@StealthNuck @Mimerez

I should also mention I was either 56 or 58 the first season which at the time was pretty high (afaik). 

Edited by Tigs

2 hours ago, Mimerez said:

Agree. Duo and trip Q's are best, this season I've yet to solo q or 6-man, and I noticed my SR being much more stable.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Hey guys! I'm playin' as well

I generally main Lucio in Comp, So if you need another healer;

I'm on PC and my Bnet Tag is Chris #111326 - My Silver rating is because I solo queued all ten of my placement matches, I promise I'm a pretty damn good Lucio. ;P

@Tigs @StealthNuck @Baer. @Mimerez @Qwags

Always lookin' for more people to queue with. ^_^

Are you excited for the new Lucio changes?

9 hours ago, Qwags said:

Meanwhile, I'm just got the game last week, and it lives up to the hype. I see everyone here appears to be super amazing at this game already, though.

It's amazing until you start playing competitive mode, where it then becomes an addiction and you feel bad about yourself 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Are you excited for the new Lucio changes?

I'm excited about the Wallriding changes - I already had no problems staying off the ground on most maps, and very nervous about the radius size decrease, if the community learns to stick to Lucio, then I could see it working out wonderfully, I see Quickplay being an absolute nightmare at times because of it though - the healing boost, and projectile speed boost will be great and I loved the way they felt on the PTR - The Boop Boost makes sense, and should hopefully make the "The Floor is Lava" easier to obtain, as well as general environmental kills easier to pull off, That being said - I REALLY don't expect all of the changes to actually be released - and if they are, I expect a few will be nerfed rather quickly - mainly the speed boost because of things I have seen such as this, but if they nerf that they'll likely have to change the radius again as well,so it really depends on what Blizz is going for with Lucio. - but I do understand the need for it to be done, as right now there really isn't a bad situation to pick Lucio unless the other team has a talented Pharah and your 76 is $&!#ting the bed.

• Upvote 1