The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Overwatch Thread.

Go-to character - Offense  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The update and patch notes: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/overwatch-update-and-new-map-out-now-patch-notes-d/1100-6451061/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_content=594970b6a167da0008150aed&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

- Officer D.Va and Oni Genji skin now available without HotS

- buff to deadeye (Mcree)

- Increase in clip capacity for Roadhog, decrease in Ult dmg and headshot zone

- Reaper orbs removed, gains 20% of damage as health instead.

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

The update and patch notes: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/overwatch-update-and-new-map-out-now-patch-notes-d/1100-6451061/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_content=594970b6a167da0008150aed&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

- Officer D.Va and Oni Genji skin now available without HotS

- buff to deadeye (Mcree)

- Increase in clip capacity for Roadhog, decrease in Ult dmg and headshot zone

- Reaper orbs removed, gains 20% of damage as health instead.

Still nothing with Pharah? People say she is not OP but I think otherwise.

Was just watching a master stream on twitch where the guy was winning 2-0 on Ligiang Tower. Other team switched to Pharah and did the reverse sweep.

Just now, CanucksHomer said:

Still nothing with Pharah? People say she is not OP but I think otherwise.

Was just watching a master stream on twitch where the guy was winning 2-0 on Ligiang Tower. Other team switched to Pharah and did the reverse sweep.

I don't know man. I've had no trouble as a 76 vs. Pharah (i play console as well). A bastion, a Roadhog hook, a Tjorb turret, or even a D.Va flying right at her (with matrix up) can destroy her or render her useless pretty quick. 

12 hours ago, CanucksHomer said:

Night rant.

I just rage quit playing this damn game... Simply put, Pharah is overpowered on console. Our team had Widow, soldier, mcree, and hanzo and we still couldn't take down Pharah.... She was picking us off everywhere.

I think to fix this PharMercy combo, Pharah's HP should be reduced to 150hp like Tracer's. Or give us more heros to counter her, when a team has to dedicate 2-3 players to counter another character, that character is OP.

Unfortunately Pharah isn't OP but can be based on a players rank. Lower rank DPS players on console often have poor aim or simply don't know they need to prioritize her so characters like Pharah with any form of healing even outside of Mercy can terrorize the ranks though at the higher ranks its a fairly easily countered character outside of Pharah based maps. Console in general can be pretty sloppy until high Diamond though so I can understand why people get frustrated. 76 and McCree are pretty hard counters to her though. Running a 4DPS line up and being unable to kill Pharah is unfortunately more of a testament to the players on DPS than Pharah herself. 

I would have recommended having your Hanzo and Widow play tanks (you need tanks in this game) and having Mercy and Zen on heals. Have Zen discord her (Mercy 1st if PharMercy) and Mercy damage boost your 76 or even McCree. If your hitscans still can't handle it then shuffle your players and let someone else play DPS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2017 at 0:30 AM, Baer. said:

Roadhog used to be one of my favorite heroes. Used to be. :(

Kaplan did acknowledge Hog was in a bad place. Though I doubt he is ever reverted to one of his old forms it sounds like he will get a buff eventually. 

2 hours ago, Baka said:

Kaplan did acknowledge Hog was in a bad place. Though I doubt he is ever reverted to one of his old forms it sounds like he will get a buff eventually. 

I didn't mind his KO hook, it was just the range of that thing. All they needed to do was shorten the range and I think everything will be fine.

He was my favorite hero to play against, all the others have annoying barriers.

• 1 month later...

I got up to 3266 this season, and then dropped back down to about 3100. I know I'm good enough for Master rank, but damn this climb is brutal some days.

Might as well touch on a few things....

Doomfist is really powerful but easily countered so my opinion on him is meh. I don't mind his OSKs as much as other people.

Roadhog back in the meta. Junkrat is now OP.

I finished as 3350 in Lucio ball, and 2750 in comp. I can't get passed diamond. Console has some of the dumbest motherf*ckers to ever pick up a game.

Not excited for Mercy nerf at all, but I really like D.va's update.

Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch aren't even worth playing.

45 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I finished as 3350 in Lucio ball, and 2750 in comp. I can't get passed diamond. Console has some of the dumbest motherf*ckers to ever pick up a game.

I hear that. I play on PS4 and I get some absolutely brutal teammates. It's not even a skill thing, it's an intelligence thing.  

Some people just don't care about having a good comp as long as they can play attack Widow and get 3 kills

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

This game makes me so toxic on comp. Currently stuck in silver hell almost climbed into gold which im assuming is just as poopy. Then dropped 200 sr because people love to instalock dps and they just suck. 

I stopped playing because of that. Made it to 3500 then realized it wasn't worth playing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 0:04 AM, CanuckinEdm said:

That new sym dragon skin too bad i refuse to play her. 

I like that one too, but I feel the skins this event are kinda meh. Also what do I have to do to get a zarya or tracer Halloween skin? Ugh.