The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ads on jerseys confirmed for world cup: test run for nhl

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Good luck selling jerseys with that ugly crap all over it.

If we do get logos on our jerseys I hope the Canucks get the biggest most corrupt corporation so we're in the finals every year.

Let's get ENRON back together

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Good luck selling jerseys with that ugly crap all over it.

If we do get logos on our jerseys I hope the Canucks get the biggest most corrupt corporation so we're in the finals every year.

TRUMP             LoL

How embarrassing.  I'll bet that they're going to tell angry fans that it will help keep ticket prices under control and many dumbas* fans will fall for it.... until they continue to jack up the price year after year to watch the games. 

As if hockey didn't have enough problems as it is.

What they should do if this ever hits the NHL is place ads by team standings like if you are running away with the presidents you get Coke/Pepsi/Cellphone etc ads and if you are obviously tanking you get Preparation H and Vagisil 

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

While we're at it, let's put ads on the puck. Plenty of empty space there.

Great idea. At every face-off they take a moment to zoom in on the puck for more product placement before the ref drops it. Genius!

So if the NBA put all it's games on pay per view,  moved the Raptors to Las Vegas, and doubled ticket prices.

The NHL would do the same? The NBA has games on Christmas (Why I don't know.)

Just because the NBA does something doesn't make it a good idea.

1 minute ago, cdubuya said:

lol who cares really? our jerseys have been ugly for so long that ive had no reason to buy one anyway. The more money the owners make the better the hockey will be.

Rogers Sportsnet has a huge contract with the NHL. One of the biggest TV deals in Canada. Has the hockey got any better?

23 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Rogers Sportsnet has a huge contract with the NHL. One of the biggest TV deals in Canada. Has the hockey got any better?

The hockey is great these days. If you expect a sudden and dramatic change over 2-3 years I don't know what to tell you. I'm not a huge fan of Rogers and what they've done/ some of their staff (Strombo, Cox for two glaring examples) but their deal has made accessing hockey a lot easier for the average fan. Before you couldn't watch canucks legally unless you had a cable subscription and it's my understanding now you can purchase a gamecenter subscription without cable and have access to in market games.

Players salaries rise with league revenues. By increasing wages you naturally increase competition which should in theory increase the level/pool of talent. This isn't going to be an overnight change....it can take years. Look at all the Canadian Basketball talent that we have today. You don't think that has anything to do with the NBA expanding into Canada? I know this isn't a perfect example of the point I'm trying to make. It merely illustrates the timeframe that is needed to see real change.

Archived