The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANADA OWNS THE NHL, but yet our teams suck

How many Stanley Cup teams had a Canadian Captain lead them to the cup??. pretty much every single one of them for the last 100 years,.with the exception of Lidstrom and Chara, and Brown, except anytime a non candadian capt. won they had several other canadian stars playing with them that could have been the captians

Canada produces the best hockey players in the world. Its not just talk, its a fact. Why then do Canadian teams suck monkey kack, and have for the last 20 years ? For me this is a bitter rant I had brewing in my head, and I know we had TL in 94 as our canadian cpt. against MM another Canadian.. This years SC final teams are 75% canadian on both sides. Coincidence?? . NO

My point is this :  DRAFT ONLY CANADIAN PLAYERS. ONLY. I dont even care if there is better players available, if they are not from canada then they dont have hockey in theyre blood. Not the same as us anyway,.  I want a fully canadian team playing here in canada so I can really be excited about our country and hockey again outside of the olympics.  We currently have a Swedish captain. I love the sedins but theyre not Canadian. No surprise they wont ever lead us to a cup . Almost isnt good enough because when it came crunch time they crumpled like paper bags cause they didnt have canadian blood pumping through them,..

I didnt bother to look at the top picks this year and where theyre from but, if they aint from canada , DONT PICK THEM!

Both teams , young canadian goalies.. We have a swedish goalie up and coming .. bummer...Im sure hes good , but not Canadian.

I think the purpose of this thread was to point out that canada is hockey nation.,. And we deserve some stanley  CUPS! I dont even care which canadian team it is , Id prefer it to be the Canucks, but thats looking like it may never happen in my lifetime..

Or maybe the media and the fans have something to do with it. Take Vancouver... when we had the best team in the league the fanbase STILL $&!# all over them. Imagine for example what might be different if fans had given Luongo support instead of piling on.

29 minutes ago, TheNewGM said:

How many Stanley Cup teams had a Canadian Captain lead them to the cup??. pretty much every single one of them for the last 100 years,.with the exception of Lidstrom and Chara, and Brown, except anytime a non candadian capt. won they had several other canadian stars playing with them that could have been the captians

Canada produces the best hockey players in the world. Its not just talk, its a fact. Why then do Canadian teams suck monkey kack, and have for the last 20 years ? For me this is a bitter rant I had brewing in my head, and I know we had TL in 94 as our canadian cpt. against MM another Canadian.. This years SC final teams are 75% canadian on both sides. Coincidence?? . NO

My point is this :  DRAFT ONLY CANADIAN PLAYERS. ONLY. I dont even care if there is better players available, if they are not from canada then they dont have hockey in theyre blood. Not the same as us anyway,.  I want a fully canadian team playing here in canada so I can really be excited about our country and hockey again outside of the olympics.  We currently have a Swedish captain. I love the sedins but theyre not Canadian. No surprise they wont ever lead us to a cup . Almost isnt good enough because when it came crunch time they crumpled like paper bags cause they didnt have canadian blood pumping through them,..

I didnt bother to look at the top picks this year and where theyre from but, if they aint from canada , DONT PICK THEM!

Both teams , young canadian goalies.. We have a swedish goalie up and coming .. bummer...Im sure hes good , but not Canadian.

I think the purpose of this thread was to point out that canada is hockey nation.,. And we deserve some stanley  CUPS! I dont even care which canadian team it is , Id prefer it to be the Canucks, but thats looking like it may never happen in my lifetime..

This post is not only ignorant, arrogant and insulting, above all it's incredibly stupid.

This thread is awesome. The reason why Canadian teams have yet to win a Cup is because of mismanagement. OP wants to move away from this mismanagement into complete lunacy.

Hey, don't laugh! It might just work.

57 minutes ago, Toews said:

This thread is awesome. The reason why Canadian teams have yet to win a Cup is because of mismanagement. OP wants to move away from this mismanagement into complete lunacy.

Hey, don't laugh! It might just work.

Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver all mismanaged their way into the finals?

Archived