The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Bass Player

Rate this topic

Best Bass Player  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...

Well, as we head past mid August, many of you have been asking, "just who is the best bass player?". I know, I know the debate has been going on amazingly and a few of you have added some interesting cutting edge, outside of the box votes. But this solo, may take the cake. What do you guys think? Maybe it could also work as a new goal song for Louie?

3 hours ago, nzan said:

C'mon, Les Claypool could top this while simultaneously changing out of his Mr Krinkle giant pig outfit on his way to the DMV before heading to Professor Nutbutter's House of Treats

Another outside of the box comment. Cue his bass solo, but will it stack up? The entire family of cdc awaits with anticipation....

On August 24, 2016 at 3:58 PM, nzan said:

If Tommy the Cat isn't your type of song, simply forward to about 3:40 and give it until 4:20

I posted a Tommy the Cat vid a couple pages ago in this thread. 

What an amazing song.  

Les is the man.  Best bass player in the world. Easily.  

It is weird that such a smart group of people like Cabinessence and his imaginary friends didn't put it up there, but he did put Mcartney in there.  

Paul I suck at bass Mcartney.  

Edited by drummerboy
11 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

What an amazing song.  

It is weird that such a smart group of people like Cabinessence and his imaginary friends didn't put it up there, but he did put Mcartney in there.  

Oh, I'd missed that. I suppose I was just subconsciously counterfeiting your good taste.

One of my all time favourite stories is when Paul and John were asked if they thought Ringo might be the best drummer in the world. Apparently their answer was they weren't sure he was the best drummer in The Beatles!

btw, I'm still trying to use limited information to divine what band you used to play for (more default-y or more alexis on fire-y?! am i at least getting warm?!)

1 hour ago, nzan said:

Oh, I'd missed that. I suppose I was just subconsciously counterfeiting your good taste.

One of my all time favourite stories is when Paul and John were asked if they thought Ringo might be the best drummer in the world. Apparently their answer was they weren't sure he was the best drummer in The Beatles!

btw, I'm still trying to use limited information to divine what band you used to play for (more default-y or more alexis on fire-y?! am i at least getting warm?!)

:) 

default is terrible. Lol

im sure if you really looked into it, you could figure it out, but really, who cares. 

Fill in/ studio drummer dude.  

I'm like the auxiliary cop of punk/metal. 

I can wear the uniform, but I don't get a gun. 

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

What an amazing song.  

There is no best bass player in the world.

Just now, falcon45ca said:

There is no best bass player in the world.

Your opinion.   

Mine is Les Claypool. 

I've played with hundreds of musicians over the years, and some INCREDIBLE bass players.   people with skill like Claypool are one in a million. 

He is on his own level. 

Just now, drummerboy said:

Your opinion.   

Mine is Les Claypool. 

I've played with hundreds of musicians over the years, and some INCREDIBLE bass players.   people with skill like Claypool are one in a million. 

He is on his own level. 

I've also played with hundreds of musicians, which is why I don't believe there's a "best".

If Les Claypool is 1 in a Million, that means there's about 7,000 people with his skill.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

I've also played with hundreds of musicians, which is why I don't believe there's a "best".

If Les Claypool is 1 in a Million, that means there's about 7,000 people with his skill.

People have a hard time judging musicians.  Especially when you are talking about such high quality. 

I believe that Les' incredible combo of writing ability, stage presence, diversity, singing, and of course bass skills, make him by far the best. 

I'm not even a big Primus fan, but if I'm putting together an Allstar super band, I'm picking Les. 

Les (being the best) gets asked a lot who he thinks is the best.  He always says 

Geddy Lee. 

Even the best thinks there is a best. 

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

People have a hard time judging musicians.  Especially when you are talking about such high quality. 

I believe that Les' incredible combo of writing ability, stage presence, diversity, singing, and of course bass skills, make him by far the best. 

I'm not even a big Primus fan, but if I'm putting together an Allstar super band, I'm picking Les. 

Les (being the best) gets asked a lot who he thinks is the best.  He always says 

Geddy Lee. 

Even the best thinks there is a best. 

I like trolling Rush fans by saying "lots of people say Geddy Lee is the best bass player in the world, and everyone says Neil Peart is the world's best drummer - why didn't they get a very good guitarist?!"

The veins start popping out of the foreheads long before they catch that I'm joking.